***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,328 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Squirrel Master
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I edited that part out of my post. I haven't read the books, and generally only read forums based on the show. And Kevan is a badass because he's the opposite of the Tyrell Lord who just lays down, not to mention everyone else seems to be getting smashed by Cersei. I don't know why he needs any more justification than that.

Cool. Let's get back to the fun.
khaos288
AG
quote:
Bran warging into a dragon, or something else awesome (an important/powerful person, a white walker) pretty much has to happen, with how much they've foreshadowed it. If it doesn't happen, it'll be very disappointing and we'll have wasted way too much time on his storyline.
Agreed. My question is, if Bran can only Warg into one dragon, does he kill the other two some how? Team up with Dany to control all three? Is he in Kings landing because the white walkers are defeated?

There's two trees I see happening. Someone conquers westeros, then fights the final battle against the white walkers. OR someone fights a crazy battle against the white walkers, then takes over westeros.
Duncan Idaho
Since you burn walkers and dragons breath fire, it doesn't seem like it would be much of fight.
khaos288
AG
quote:
Since you burn walkers and dragons breath fire, it doesn't seem like it would be much of fight.
Yeah, but we haven't seen dragons anywhere except deserts. What if the extreme cold makes their fire breath less viable or something? Not to mention what if the white walkers have some sort of ability to fight dragons?
Squirrel Master
AG
quote:
There's two trees I see happening. Someone conquers westeros, then fights the final battle against the white walkers. OR someone fights a crazy battle against the white walkers, then takes over westeros.

Agreed. I'll guess that he fights for Jon Snow, wherever he ultimately aligns himself in the battle. Jon might just be at the wall now and talking his allegiance there, but he's destined for bigger things in this story. He'll be fighting someone somewhere else eventually.
khaos288
AG
quote:
quote:

Agreed. I'll guess that he fights for Jon Snow, wherever he ultimately aligns himself in the battle. Jon might just be at the wall now and talking his allegiance there, but he's destined for bigger things in this story. He'll be fighting someone somewhere else eventually.
Yeah, after the last episode, I have a hard time seeing Jon fight Stannis. I think Jon will fight at the wall, maybe even win some crazy battle there, but eventually ally with Stannis. At least support his claim to the throne because of Ned. I've started to really like Stannis ever since he beat the wildlings. I still think Dany ends up on the throne, but I do like Stannis nowadays.
Duncan Idaho
If I got baneed for asking if some one bought instead of built a kit car; you are right I want someone banned for ruining a TV show because they want a cookie for reading a book
JJxvi
AG
If you expect consistent and reasonable moderation at all times in the texags model it wont happen. The mods are opaque and also are other users that you are likely participating in discussions and even arguments with unknowingly.
Trident 88
AG
I've read the books and haven't given anything away in this thread. It's not hard.
Rocagnante
AG
o to heck with it.
Say Chowdah
AG
Back to topic, Lord Commander Snow!!!!

But, he should have taken Lord Stark of Winterfell.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
But seriously, you want to ban someone just because he has read the books? Seriously?

No. Nobody on this thread cares that you read the books. What people HATE is that book readers feel the compelling need to post on THIS thread that is CLEARLY MARKED FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS. Like you said, you didn't MEAN to spoil anything.... but you did! That is the same friggin excuse we see every friggin season!

I don't understand why it it is so god damned hard to understand that.

Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Back to topic, Lord Commander Snow!!!!

But, he should have taken Lord Stark of Winterfell.
Should he? I mean the realm is so stable. The last few lord's of Winterfell faired great huh?

I think Jon knows where the real battle is and it aint the 7 kingdoms.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
What I wondered about is his vow to the Night's Watch. Had anyone ever been in the same situation before, leave the Night's Watch and become a noble? What were the implications if he decided to take the Lordship? Could he be released from his vow?

Regardless, I think Jon Snow did the right thing both as far as his vow and the instability of a Lordship.
Say Chowdah
AG
Seriously... He takes title of Lord of Winterfell, takes back (with Stannis) the north. He recalls the northern armies (calls the banners). Sends half with Stannis under condition that free folk get the DreadFort once the white walkers are gone. Prep for Essos.

Of course, seeing as this is an alternate reality it can be easily countered and beaten.
Say Chowdah
AG
BES (Aka OP) -

I was just looking at the reader board and you've posted on both. Are you a reader or not?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No. I posted in there by accident.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:

Suuuurrrreeee
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
The response to my arguable slip was completely uncivil and unworthy of one Aggie toward another.

Did you post this with a straight face? Do you not remember the name calling that went on in your own (now deleted) posts? Don't hide behind the Aggie thing now. You started off great with an explanation and apology - which wasn't necessary, for the record - but pulling the Aggie card while completely ignoring your own insults is pathetic. Just go to the other thread and we can all move on. You already said you don't care (of course you don't), so why are you still here?
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:

Suuuurrrreeee
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:

Suuuurrrreeee
Check the post.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I want to see John Stark ride into Winterfell with the Wildling Army and kick some ass. I think the Wildlings would follow him now, maybe I'm wrong (he did betray them). Either way...John Stark has a ring to it.
jbanda
AG

Oh wait.....
Cibalo

[Due to some posters not being able to act like adults, we are adding this warning as of 4/21/15. If you are thinking about putting a book spoiler or comparison on this thread, you need to ask yourself a very simple question: IS MY POST WORTH A 30 DAY BAN? If you are thinking about posting something that MAY be a spoiler from the book, you need to ask yourself a very simple question: IS MY POST WORTH A 30 DAY BAN. Yes, it's a big ban, but we don't want to have to babysit this thread due to adults that act like children and think that it's funny to ruin things for other people. There is the warning. If you get banned for thirty days and your email simple says "Spoilers on the Entertainment Forum", don't whine to us because that means that you didn't take time to read this warning. Have a nice day. -Staff]

time to hit the eject button on this thread. Once again a few asshats have ruined it for the rest of us.
JJxvi
AG
Has anything really been "ruined" though? Yeah, there's some idiocy and discourtesy on this thread, and the ban threats are probably warranted at least to make people think before they post, but some of you are acting like kids who just got told that Snape kills Dumbledore while waiting in line on Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince release night or something.
boy09
AG
quote:
Snape kills Dumbledore
WHAAAATTT!!!!!!!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
There are facebook stories from major news sources using images from future episodes that are clear spoilers. Maybe not HUGE spoilers like a death or something, but still a spoiler. How dense are these people?
redline248
AG
quote:
How dense are these people?

quote:
facebook

There is your answer
Rocagnante
AG
quote:

Oh wait.....

I don't think he has any rings. Probably still has nightmares about Hakeem.
Aggie_buster
AG
quote:
Has anything really been "ruined" though? Yeah, there's some idiocy and discourtesy on this thread, and the ban threats are probably warranted at least to make people think before they post, but some of you are acting like kids who just got told that Snape kills Dumbledore while waiting in line on Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince release night or something.
On a related side note, I remember listening to the radio in Houston at the time and that p.o.s. Ryan from the Roula & Ryan show did exactly that before the movie release. Since he was able to see a prescreening of the movie he came on air and literally ruined it for me as a non book reader. I wish I could punch that asshat in the face.
Natasha Romanoff
quote:
quote:
On a related side note, I remember listening to the radio in Houston at the time and that p.o.s. Ryan from the Roula & Ryan show did exactly that before the movie release. Since he was able to see a prescreening of the movie he came on air and literally ruined it for me as a non book reader. I wish I could punch that asshat in the face.
It shocks me that people watched HP movies without reading the books. The first 3 or so movies weren't great. The only reason I watched all of them was because of my love for the books.
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
But seriously, you want to ban someone just because he has read the books? Seriously?

No. Nobody on this thread cares that you read the books. What people HATE is that book readers feel the compelling need to post on THIS thread that is CLEARLY MARKED FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS. Like you said, you didn't MEAN to spoil anything.... but you did! That is the same friggin excuse we see every friggin season!

I don't understand why it it is so god damned hard to understand that.

Interesting clean up job. The original statement was removed but the quote of the original remains.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Was there another round of clean-up?
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
What I wondered about is his vow to the Night's Watch. Had anyone ever been in the same situation before, leave the Night's Watch and become a noble? What were the implications if he decided to take the Lordship? Could he be released from his vow?
Didn't the blind Targaryan guy say he would have been next in line if he wasn't on the wall? He seemed to indicate that he couldn't be released from his vow.

I'm really afraid to even look at this thread any more. I see on my watch list 25 new posts and feel certain that half or more are someone sneaking in some "knowledge" and the other half are them trying to explain how it wasn't a spoiler. Too dangerous and not worth it because every year some or several d***less losers have can't help themselves and stay on the spoiler thread.
twenty two ags
quote:

I'm really afraid to even look at this thread any more. I see on my watch list 25 new posts and feel certain that half or more are someone sneaking in some "knowledge" and the other half are them trying to explain how it wasn't a spoiler. Too dangerous and not worth it because every year some or several d***less losers have can't help themselves and stay on the spoiler thread.
yet here you are anyway. guess you werent "really afraid" after all.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.