***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,302 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
D`Funkaladu`
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's the reanimated (or at least rehabilitated) corpse of the Mountain. Cersei asked Qyburn to save him any way he could after Oberyn poisioned him at Tyrion's trial by combat.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
Hey Count, is your handle in reference to Craig Ferguson?

Kashchei, yes!
Seven Costanza
AG
I'm surprised they didn't choose a semi-realistic body to CGI Lena Headey's head onto.

"Hey Lena, so today we're choosing the body for your walk of shame. Now remember that you're 41 and have had three kids (on the show), so let's try to make it reasonable."

"Okay, I'll take Emily Ratajkowski."
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
quote:
I'm surprised they didn't choose a semi-realistic body to CGI Lena Headey's body onto.

"Hey Lena, so today we're choosing the body for your walk of shame. Now remember that you're 41 and have had three kids (on the show), so let's try to make it reasonable."

SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
I'm surprised they didn't choose a semi-realistic body to CGI Lena Headey's body onto.

Weird armpit wrinkle; 2/10 WNB
Aggie Infantry
AG
The candle in the Broken Tower was not for Brienne of Tarth and/or Podrick. The old woman said that the North still is loyal to the Starks. The candle is a signal to the Lords of the North that a Stark is in danger.

I think...
YellowPot_97
AG
quote:
The candle in the Broken Tower was not for Brienne of Tarth and/or Podrick. The old woman said that the North still is loyal to the Starks. The candle is a signal to the Lords of the North that a Stark is in danger.

I think...

It was for brienne. Sansa just didn't know it. Brienne told an old man to get a message to Sansa to light a candle if she's in trouble.
zap
AG
quote:

I think...
Yes, they sort of implied the small folk would rally to her defense. I'm skeptical, as the Boltons have things pretty locked down around Winterfell.
YellowPot_97
AG
quote:
I am not sure if the people saying reek and Sansa didn't kill themselves are for real or not.

They be dead. Dead dead dead

Trolling
mhayden
You guys really bought that Cersei did the walk of shame just to see her child again?

I didn't even think the Head Sparrow would buy that, much less the viewers.

Cersei ain't going through with no trial -- especially one that will likely lead to her son being declared an un-true heir to the throne.

Cersei wanted to get home so she can stay there and have Mountain wreck shop.
zap
AG
The "candle in the window" scheme was really just a dramatic device to keep Brienne in the vicinity of Winterfell. That way, it would be convenient for her to whack Stannis. If Brienne had seen the candle, how was she going to get into the castle to save Sansa? She's no Arnold Schwarzenegger and this ain't Commando.
plowboy1065
S
Cersei about to wreck shop on High Sparrow
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
Cersei about to wreck shop on High Sparrow

That sister who kept whacking her with a spoon and then rang the shame bell is gonna be the first to go.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I am not sure if the people saying reek and Sansa didn't kill themselves are for real or not.

Can't tell if serious.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
The "candle in the window" scheme was really just a dramatic device to keep Brienne in the vicinity of Winterfell. That way, it would be convenient for her to whack Stannis. If Brienne had seen the candle, how was she going to get into the castle to save Sansa? She's no Arnold Schwarzenegger and this ain't Commando.

She is a total badass. Who has ever beat her in combat? She beat every other guy to become a Kingsguard, the Hound, and she beat Jaime, one of, if not the greatest fighter in the world (albeit in a weakened state).
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

Can't tell if serious.

Serious. I think it is the closest thing to an escape that Martin would give Sansa and rhe closest thing to redemption that he would give reek.

I agree with the poster that said that jon's watch has ended and he is reborn ffree of the black.
zap
AG
quote:
quote:

She is a total badass. Who has ever beat her in combat? She beat every other guy to become a Kingsguard, the Hound, and she beat Jaime, one of, if not the greatest fighter in the world (albeit in a weakened state).
Beating people in combat and rescuing people from a fortified compound are two different things.
chipotle
Given those two were raised in the north I doubt that was their first snow drift dive.

I've been pretty pleased with this show up until the end of season 4 when we had confirmed deaths. But after arya left the hound I was fearful these sort of "deaths" would continue.
DannyDuberstein
AG
quote:
LORD cast your light upon this man, your servant. Bring him back from death and darkness. His flame has been extinguished, restore it!"

What are words we're likely to hear Melisandre say next season, Alex?
DannyDuberstein
AG
So do the High Faith or whatever the F they are called allow for trial by combat? If so, Cersei has her zombie champion ready to roll. But it seems like this bunch may be too pious for trial by combat.
Sentinel
AG
I doubt it. That's probably only a choice for the king's justice.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I guess they'll get a more informal ass-kicking from zombie mountain.

Although with the name Faith Militant, it sure sounds like some trial by combat should be in play.
The Dog Lord
AG
Sansa and Theon basically jumped from 100 feet up. If the snow is too soft, they simply hit the ground. If it's too hard, maybe it's just like hitting the ground. They were desperate and took the only option available to them. I don't think they are dead, because lame, but it wasn't an easy choice or one without danger.
boy09
AG
quote:
the shame bell
This is all I could think about during that part.

"For your crimes, you will be made to suffer the Procession of Shame."
LB12Diamond
AG
Snow will be brought back by the red which. No other reason for her to be back at castle black.

Cerseii is most certainly going to unleash hell with what she was put through and her daughters death.

Arya's blindness will go away after they believe she has learned her lesson.
Kashchei
AG
quote:
quote:
Hey Count, is your handle in reference to Craig Ferguson?

Kashchei, yes!

The best!
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
quote:
What was the point of Jon "making peace" with the Wildings and the epic stare-down with the Night King if you are just going to kill him off? This maybe the first time after a finale that I'm not pissed off that we have to wait a year for it to restart. I honestly dont have any investment in the stories going forward. What a kick in the dick.

I think you're in the minority. Going into this episode I thought GoT might have lost a little of its edge. Now I'm fully on board again! You never know WTF is going to happen!
I thought about it some more and maybe I have changed my mind. Let's see what we have moving forward:

1. Arya - she spent a whole season learning the ropes and then threw it all away for her personal revenge plot. She's been a 1 or 1A character favorite from Season 1. So let's blind her.

2. Dany - out in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Dothraki who she will either win over with her courage and fortitude, or be given to a horse lord for a wife, or both. Wait, is it Season 1 already?

3. Sansa / Reek - they "escaped" by jumping into a mound of snow, ill-prepared for blizzard travel both in clothing and expertise. And they are just outside the walls of a master hunter / tracker with well-trained dogs. An escape will probably happen to advance a story line, but it will be a massive plot hole.

4. Cersei - she took her shame walk to get to where she needed to go. Now she will exact revenge on whoever is a threat to her power. Here we go again.

5. Dorne - so the lady who has been hell-bent on revenge, talks about it constantly, basically spit on your peace plan and called you a coward for doing it - is not kept 100 miles from the one person that she can execute her plot on, but allowed intimate access and a kiss. Riiiight.

6. Tyrion / Varys - two of the most intriguing characters get to help govern a city a billion miles from where anything matters that no one GAF about. I'm sure it will be the perfect vehicle for long discussions about the value of human life and the propriety of slavery in feudal society. Riveting. Please tell me again why anyone should care about what happens in Meereen?

7. Brienne - failed her duty once again. Will wander the woods making great speeches on bended knee ab out how this time she means it, nothing else matters but her vow.

8. Jon Snow - "mostly dead". Miracle Max / Melisandre will most likely bring him back, but to what end? Join up with the Brotherhood? Great, bring back that merry band of lovable dudes who are so important to the story that they were not mentioned once in the entire season. Join up with the Wildings? Seen that before too.

9. Littlefinger? Everyone else? Who cares.

Nope. Sticking with my original thought - not really caring as much about what happens next.
chipotle
quote:
Going into this episode I thought GoT might have lost a little of its edge.

GoTs has definitely lost it's edge. Seasons one through three had certain death. Ned, dead. Rob and Cat, ***king dead. That fat chick from the dairy queen, dead.
mhayden
quote:
quote:
quote:
What was the point of Jon "making peace" with the Wildings and the epic stare-down with the Night King if you are just going to kill him off? This maybe the first time after a finale that I'm not pissed off that we have to wait a year for it to restart. I honestly dont have any investment in the stories going forward. What a kick in the dick.

I think you're in the minority. Going into this episode I thought GoT might have lost a little of its edge. Now I'm fully on board again! You never know WTF is going to happen!
I thought about it some more and maybe I have changed my mind. Let's see what we have moving forward:

1. Arya - she spent a whole season learning the ropes and then threw it all away for her personal revenge plot. She's been a 1 or 1A character favorite from Season 1. So let's blind her.

2. Dany - out in the middle of nowhere surrounded by Dothraki who she will either win over with her courage and fortitude, or be given to a horse lord for a wife, or both. Wait, is it Season 1 already?

3. Sansa / Reek - they "escaped" by jumping into a mound of snow, ill-prepared for blizzard travel both in clothing and expertise. And they are just outside the walls of a master hunter / tracker with well-trained dogs. An escape will probably happen to advance a story line, but it will be a massive plot hole.

4. Cersei - she took her shame walk to get to where she needed to go. Now she will exact revenge on whoever is a threat to her power. Here we go again.

5. Dorne - so the lady who has been hell-bent on revenge, talks about it constantly, basically spit on your peace plan and called you a coward for doing it - is not kept 100 miles from the one person that she can execute her plot on, but allowed intimate access and a kiss. Riiiight.

6. Tyrion / Varys - two of the most intriguing characters get to help govern a city a billion miles from where anything matters that no one GAF about. I'm sure it will be the perfect vehicle for long discussions about the value of human life and the propriety of slavery in feudal society. Riveting. Please tell me again why anyone should care about what happens in Meereen?

7. Brienne - failed her duty once again. Will wander the woods making great speeches on bended knee ab out how this time she means it, nothing else matters but her vow.

8. Jon Snow - "mostly dead". Miracle Max / Melisandre will most likely bring him back, but to what end? Join up with the Brotherhood? Great, bring back that merry band of lovable dudes who are so important to the story that they were not mentioned once in the entire season. Join up with the Wildings? Seen that before too.

Nope. Sticking with my original thought - not really caring as much about what happens next.

Don't much care but just wrote 500 words on it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

then don't watch. it's pretty simple. otherwise you are just blowing smoke and like to hear yourself talk.

nobody will care if you stop watching.
Stive
AG
With all of the "unrealistic" discrepancies you're so high and mighty about, why did you watch past season 1, episode 1, about 10 minutes in, when the blue eyed mystical creature showed up and killed members of the nightswatch?

YellowPot_97
AG
Why are you still watching if all that bothers you so much? Check out and be done.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nobody wants to see Arya become just another faceless assassin. If she loses her identity and her thirst for revenge, why should we care about her anymore?
HtownAg92
AG
Wow. I thought this was a discussion thread.

The "if you don't like it then quit" response is tired. This is my favorite show of all time. I'm not going to quit, but I will express an opinion that unlike every other season finale, the anticipation for what happens next is not as great for me.
khaos288
AG
quote:
Wow. I thought this was a discussion thread.

The "if you don't like it then quit" response is tired. This is my favorite show of all time. I'm not going to quit, but I will express an opinion that unlike every other season finale, the anticipation for what happens next is not as great for me.
I felt bored during the finale last night. It was sad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.