***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,262 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Sentinel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it that time of the month for you guys? Geez.
reb,
AG
Good friggin lord, am I glad the season is over because too many people are getting exceedingly butthurt. The big, boiling tears being shed have gone so far overboard that no one can even post a map of Westeros or Essos because it would be non-TV material, unless it was screencaps of the show intro cinematic. Unclench your collective sphincters, Frances, or your own shadows might give you a heart attack.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Right, for all we know (tv viewers and book readers), some things have been told a bit out of order. Perhaps the books have seemingly caught up in general, but I would imagine there are details and other aspects of the story that have been covered in the books, not in the show yet, but that they are still planning to bring forth in future episodes in some way. Maybe HBO just took a little bit different approach on when and how they would tell those aspects of the story in order to piece the narrative for tv together more effectively.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Can someone post the Lena Headley vs body double link? Looks like staph deleted it.
JJxvi
AG
quote:
Just curious, but why? Is it just not wanting to deal with a reader that acts like they know everything? I would think at this point (not only that Yall are caught up now, but also that the season is over) the readers could stimulate discussion a lot by providing a lot more of the background of the world that the show isn't able to fully explain in 10 hours a year.

Just because the timelines match up on most storylines for the moment does not end the possibility of spoilers. The show may come back to things mentioned in the books but were glossed over in the TV show.

This season had two prominent examples of exposition coming at different times in the show and books. The opening scene of this season was a flashback. In another scene Littlefinger tells Sansa (and the audience) the story about the Tourney at Harrenhal. Both scenes were scenes that as of the end of season 4 a book reader might explain to a show friend as something that "fills in the deatails" only to have the show actually cover that topic in season 5.
chipotle
quote:
Can someone post the Lena Headley vs body double link? Looks like staph deleted it.

I know right?! TIDDAYS!!!!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
That the OP of this thread is doing it is especially embarassing. I'm betting there are literally 1000s of sandboxes you could go play in that would fit what you want to turn this into, go find one of those.

Yeah, I'm quite embarrassed. Listen, I said I won't post it and I won't. This isn't about blurring lines, it's literally Jon Snow's death simply told from his perspective, how we felt at that moment. That's it.

But I completely understand not wanting me to post it, that's why I asked beforehand. You don't need to go into a diatribe about keeping the threads separate, I agree with you, this is simply a tiny detail I thought you guys would want to discuss. But let's drop the issue.

Must admit, as the OP, I feel a little like Jon Snow being stabbed repeatedly with all the constant piling on.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Pixelated. The fx work is interesting. You can find Emily R's titties in 2 seconds.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Pixelated. The fx work is interesting. You can find Emily R's titties in 2 seconds.
uhhh that ain't emily...she is better ummmm...developed.
Scotch
AG
quote:
quote:
That the OP of this thread is doing it is especially embarassing. I'm betting there are literally 1000s of sandboxes you could go play in that would fit what you want to turn this into, go find one of those.

Must admit, as the OP, I feel a little like Jon Snow being stabbed repeatedly with all the constant piling on.

Like Jon Snow, you deserve to pay for your traitorous ways.
DannyDuberstein
AG
For the thread
chipotle
quote:

Yeah it's interesting. Fapfapfap...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Olly...
TheCougarHunter
AG
**** Brienne of Tarth

That ugly amazon hoe killed off the two best characters...wtf is she even doing someone needs to kill her
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
I think that was a ring indicating her relationship with the Mereen yahoo, so she had to ditch it.
In the In Depth look into 5.10 with D&D one of them says it's a breadcrumb for someone who might be searching for her to follow.
Jackass2004
AG
Mace Tyrell is my new bet. He rules all after everybody else gets killed.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Here's why I don't think Stannis was killed.

1. He became the 2nd most hated person on the show after 5.9
2. They showed his daughter burning to death, the whole thing, in 5.9 - why skip his death which the audience is basically salivating over?
3. They have showed just about everyone who died in 5.10 die in extravagant fashion, but not Stannis?
4. You see the sword downstroke, and you hear a "squish" - that could mean other things...

What could have stopped it?
1. Brienne sentences him to death, but perhaps she has a change of heart at the last second realizing he needs to stand trial? Or what right does a "Knight" have to sentence a King to death? I don't know - it's out of character for her to stop - but what makes sense in GoT anyways?
2. Poderick? Where is he?
3. Ramsay shows up and she stops midstroke realizing she is outnumbered and will not survive?
4. Ghost couldn't save Jon Snow because he was tailing Stannis; Ghost tackles her (hahahahahahahaha)
5. Stannis brings up a dagger at the last second and the "squish" you hear is him stabbing Brienne?

I just don't believe Stannis is dead-dead until I see the headless body. There is a 10% chance he's still alive.

COOL LASER FALCON
I think Stannis is dead and will be upset if he's not. There's a difference between misdirection and deceiving for the sake of deceiving.

That being said, a storyline of Brienne understanding the conflict between loyalty and doing the right thing is pretty intriguing.
Ramrod
AG
Now that the season is over...did you read a spoiler about Jon getting stabbed?

Cause your hedging of "I hope I'm wrong" after you would say you had a feeling something bad was going to happen to Jon really sent up a red flag with me.

On top of that, you do seem to read a lot about the books and I find it hard to believe that in all your reading you never came across a spoiler that Jon would be stabbed (or have something bad happen to him).
TheCougarHunter
AG
quote:
Now that the season is over...did you read a spoiler about Jon getting stabbed?

Cause your hedging of "I hope I'm wrong" after you would say you had a feeling something bad was going to happen to Jon really sent up a red flag with me.

On top of that, you do seem to read a lot about the books and I find it hard to believe that in all your reading you never came across a spoiler that Jon would be stabbed (or have something bad happen to him).

Just stop and get over it
jbanda
AG
AgLaw02
AG
quote:
quote:
I think that was a ring indicating her relationship with the Mereen yahoo, so she had to ditch it.
In the In Depth look into 5.10 with D&D one of them says it's a breadcrumb for someone who might be searching for her to follow.
In the scene before she drops the ring, Daario, Jorah, and Tyrion discuss tracking her. The dialogue was great. Tyrion wanted to go, but can he fight? Not well. Can he ride? Barely. Can he track? Not at all. He can drink though! Right after they established that Daario and Jorah were going to track her, she runs into a Dothraki horde and drops the ring. Trackers won't miss the horde's tracks. They will find the ring and attempt a rescue.

Somehow, Dany will end up controlling the Dothraki horde. It was the original plan from season 1. Her first rise to power was as the Dothraki Khaleesi. In addition to the Dothraki light calvary, she has her other army, her fully matured dragons, and a more developed council of advisors. She has also learned a thing or two about how to rule. She's ready to roll (sail) into Westeros to take what is hers. The Lannisters are imploding and the North is in chaos. Dany's armies and dragons are going to be virtually unopposed. The real problem of course is the White Walkers. If her dragons can eradicate that threat she will be celebrated across the continent.

Things will change. It won't be that neat (it never has been in this show), and Jon fits in there too in a major way, but that's the story they have set up. Oh, and Bran will play a big part somehow. Warging into a dragon seems like the obvious move.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nope.

The foreshadowing was almost too heavy-handed. The lingering shots on Olly? I mean come on, who didn't see it coming?

It also became fairly obvious Reek would be the one to save Sansa, fairly early into the season.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I guess I'll use this thread to also brag about the fact that from the very first trailer, I correctly guessed the ending of Jurassic World. No spoilers.
f burg ag
AG
What are all of you *****ing about? The best character, Bronn, is dead!.....by ear bite. She could have given him the magic potion, but I doubt it.
Burrus86
AG
quote:
What are all of you *****ing about? The best character, Bronn, is dead!.....by ear bite. She could have given him the magic potion, but I doubt it.

Good point. What if Bronn had the antidote with him in the event he was poisoned again. He would be in a position to save Myrcella then. She was dying in Jaimie's arms, but not dead yet.
redline248
AG
quote:
Ok, is this serious? My gd broadcast was glitching in and out and I wasn't sure what all happened before the Lanister crew got on board. Just saw the kiss of Myrcella and then the last half of Jaime's conversation with her before she started croaking.
Sex Panther
AG
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Kashchei, yes!

The best!
I was going to choose Geoff for my handle, but I thought it would be cooler if someone noticed a more obscure reference.
TX_AG_10
AG
So I was trying to fall asleep last night and started thinking about if Stannis really died or not. Not sure if I'm looking into it too much, but did anyone else notice the way that Brienne was swinging the sword? Stannis was leaned up against the tree. It sure seemed like she was swinging to behead him, but the way she was swing her sword, she would've hit the tree first. Did anyone else notice that? Could be long shot, but that was my interpretation. Since they didn't show his death and the execution looked botched, I'm thinking we might see him again. Strictly, my prediction.

Edit:

Crap, didn't see Spreadsheet's post from earlier. My bad... Kinda on the same topic as him but I was more focused on the sword swing.. same video from him..
CoppellAg93
AG
quote:
Man - I totally forgot about the bite. But why would she poison him again ? Seems like she likes him. If not, she would've just let him die in the prison cell.
Quinn
AG
It would be pretty stupid if she didn't kill Stannis since she gave the "I'm killing you for Renly" speech and then swung her sword at him. Also, what else does he have to do? Get turned into a white Walker? His story is pretty wrapped up.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
simple reason Stannis is dead....

If you believe as most do that Jon Snow is coming back....
and that Sansa and Theon survived the fall into snow....

you don't also pull a fast one and have Stannis survive...makes everything you do implausible...and makes this season nearly worthless. That's like having Bobby Ewing step out of the shower and it ws all a dream. Same with Myrcella are they gonna have Bronn have the antidote and save her too....

This isn't a show that wastes time on anything and not like a network show just trying to string you along and get more and more seasons out of it. they have a story to tell with a finite ending approaching fast.....and the vast majority of the major players are going to die because this is an all out war for control of the kingdom/world.

jon - there has been a lot of prophetic stuff about his lineage as well as thngs about the magic to bring people back...that's almost expected in his case.

stannis - look the dude is dead someway somehow...if not now then shortly, the number of people that want him dead is long and he has no protection. what's the point of him surviving now - no wife, no kid, no red priestess, no davos, no army....so, he lives to travel the countryside as a minstrel performing folk tunes? dude is dead.
Say Chowdah
AG
United States of Westros
Mathguy64
AG
D&D have stated that Stannis is dead and that they didn't see the point for unnecessary violence onscreen. Yep, they literally said that - not sure how they kept a straight face.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.