***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,292 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I would be okay with that. Though, my money is on everyone dying.

*I know nothing, I'm still bitter about the Red Wedding.

Am I the only one who isn't still down about the Red Wedding? Robb Stark wasn't cut out for the game and Cat Stark was annoying and made horrible decisions. Robb's wifey was fine but there are plenty of hot chicks on the show.

Still more upset about Oberyn. He was at least entertaining.
Natasha Romanoff
Don't even get me started on Oberyn. He was a great character.

It's more about everyone always dying in GoT, and the Red Wedding is just an easy example.
ChipFTAC01
AG
If you're looking for a Good GoT podcast check out Dragon Brag. It isn't hard hitting insightful commentary, just a couple of buddies sitting around. Pretty funny. Guys from the Ticket in Dallas.
The Debt
quote:
quote:

Am I the only one who isn't still down about the Red Wedding? Robb Stark wasn't cut out for the game and Cat Stark was annoying and made horrible decisions. Robb's wifey was fine but there are plenty of hot chicks on the show.

You cant have Return of the Jedi without Empire...
LawAg05
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Squirrel Master
AG
So if the Mountain is "changed", will that mean we may have a 4th different actor playing him?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Is Qyburn doing head transplants? Maybe The Mountain will have the head of that dwarf that the hunters trying to kill Tyrion brought in.
Squirrel Master
AG
Would not shock me, since they made a point to show Qyburn asking for and taking the head. Could also just be another reference to wild ass 'medicine' he's practicing, but not specifically related to the Mountain work he's doing.
powerbelly
AG
Why not just get a normal head. It's not like they aren't constantly cutting heads off in around there.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I was actually just kidding, but I can see how that actually could happen since they made a point to show us the head and Qyburn taking it.
twenty two ags
quote:
Why not just get a normal head. It's not like they aren't constantly cutting heads off in around there.
kind of a dumb assumption.

a guy who does weird medical experiments sees a severed head in front of him (about to be taken and presumably thrown away) and asks for it so you assume he doesnt want or use other severed heads/limbs in the kingdom?
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
[Due to some posters not being able to act like adults, we are adding this warning as of 4/21/15. If you are thinking about putting a book spoiler or comparison on this thread, you need to ask yourself a very simple question: IS MY POST WORTH A 30 DAY BAN? If you are thinking about posting something that MAY be a spoiler from the book, you need to ask yourself a very simple question: IS MY POST WORTH A 30 DAY BAN. Yes, it's a big ban, but we don't want to have to babysit this thread due to adults that act like children and think that it's funny to ruin things for other people. There is the warning. If you get banned for thirty days and your email simple says "Spoilers on the Entertainment Forum", don't whine to us because that means that you didn't take time to read this warning. Have a nice day. -Staff]
boogieman
AG
Bravo Staff!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

Robb was a fool and deserved to die. Cat was a can't and deserved to have her son killed in front of her.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Do not speak ill of the dead.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
quote:

You cant have Return of the Jedi without Empire...

What does this mean? I can't have a mediocre movie with out a great movie? That don't make no sense
Say Chowdah
AG
*********Staff's warning needs to be as close to the top of every new page as possible. Do your part. If your post puts you on a new page, copy and paste the warning.********

I, for one, am glad I missed what happened yesterday. Every year, there is always some asshat that wants a medal for reading a book. Seriously, my daughter sometimes comes home with reading ribbons, but she's in elementary school.
khaos288
AG
quote:
*********Staff's warning needs to be as close to the top of every new page as possible. Do your part. If your post puts you on a new page, copy and paste the warning.********

I, for one, am glad I missed what happened yesterday. Every year, there is always some asshat that wants a medal for reading a book. Seriously, my daughter sometimes comes home with reading ribbons, but she's in elementary school.
I just want to discuss advanced theories. What happens to each dragon? How does the finale end? Who ends up ruling Westeros?

That's actually all past the books place now, but fun stuff to talk about.
wangus12
AG
I will admit that I've read the books, but you just have to be a huge dick to spoil it for others. Especially something on this grand a scale. I for one just like reading ya'lls thoughts about the episode.
Sex Panther
AG
That Cledus tool admitted on the book readers thread that he was trolling this one because it was fun to get everyone worked up. What a ****ing ******.
Squirrel Master
AG
quote:
Just internet theories, but there's probably a good amount of book influence in those

The problem with those theories from what I understand is that they rely heavily on the books and they can't really be discussed meaningfully without discussing details that aren't on the show. There are things that we can guess based on show events, but in depth theories are tough since the show doesn't have the time to drop as many nuggets hinting as the books certainly can.

Now if you don't mind wild ass guesses that don't rely on a lot of support backing them up, I'm game.

For example, what if Tyrion is actually a ******* and not Tywin's son. That he's actually a Targarean. That'd be pretty cool. Though puts a whole different twist on my post earlier advocating for him to bang Dany.
Squirrel Master
AG
You aren't necessarily saying anything inappropriate, but Jason Bateman would like to tell you "That's a bold strategy, Cotten" coming in here and talking about being a book reader given how the last three pages of this thread have gone.
Farmer1906
AG
Why is Kevin a badass?
Squirrel Master
AG
And an example of how the most basic things are difficult to talk about if you aren't just a show watcher...

We don't know nearly enough about Kevan Lannister to call him a "badass". I mean, I liked how he basically told Cersei to go eff herself in this last episode, but I feel like that scene is probably more screen time and dialogue than he's had the entire show to date.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
I've actually come to like every Lannister except Cersei

You like Joffrey? The Nickelback of GOT?
Sex Panther
AG
Joffrey was a fantastic character
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
quote:
I've actually come to like every Lannister except Cersei

You like Joffrey? The Nickelback of GOT?
A Book reader likes Joffrey? Obviously, later in the series he is vindicated! Spoiler!
Natasha Romanoff
Joffrey was awful
Duncan Idaho
quote:

this....so much this. A monster but a fantastic character.

All of the dead starks have been nice enough but pretty boring characters (exception being Ned)
khaos288
AG
quote:
quote:

this....so much this. A monster but a fantastic character.

All of the dead starks have been nice enough but pretty boring characters (exception being Ned)
I wasn't counting Joffery because he's dead, same reason I didn't like Tywin. I was thinking living Lannisters.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They've hit us over the head pretty hard with the idea of Bran being either a dragon rider or warging into a dragon.

Edit: Nevermind, it seemed like you were a book reader.
khaos288
AG
[That's enough arguing. Talk about the show or don't post. -Staff]
Squirrel Master
AG
Bran warging into a dragon, or something else awesome (an important/powerful person, a white walker) pretty much has to happen, with how much they've foreshadowed it. If it doesn't happen, it'll be very disappointing and we'll have wasted way too much time on his storyline.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.