***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,282 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
CheeseSndwch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I thought Stannis' men were going to mutiny. It certainly looked like one of them was thinking about it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
On the bright side, I'll now be fully rooting for Brienne to murder that bastage.
combat wombat™
AG
How do you support a king who kills little girls? HIS LITTLE GIRL. Not worth following him.
Duncan Idaho
1)The cgi was sharknado bad.
2)what is up with the lack of tits? There should have been tits everywhere in the stands of the killing pits
3)damn stanis
Bob Kelso
AG
**** Stannis. **** this episode.

Horse**** writing
combat wombat™
AG
The poor horse on fire at the beginning was pretty bad, too. Doesn't compare to killing a12 year old girl, but...
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
quote:
There is so much butthurt on the internet right now over Shireen. Just like #RedWeddingTears, people swearing they'll stop watching the show. Peace out.

Folks seem to be forgetting that this is a fantasy universe where magic is real and human sacrifice gets results. There is nothing inconsistent about it...OF COURSE Stannis would do this when it came down to it, the Iron Throne is the ultimate value in his life and all other values, including his daughter, are subordinate to it. War is hell, and Stannis is going to be rewarded for the horrible thing he did. If you have a problem with it, take it up with R'hllor.I
I understand everything you are saying here. I am not on a crusade against the violence. I understand it is fantasy. Still, I never really cared for Stannis and now I hope he gets his ass handed to him. His desire to rule the Iron Throne has overtaken his judgement. It is all about power. I'm sure that is a theme here.

Furthermore, someone earlier in the thread suggested this outcome and I saw it coming. I was hoping he would make a different decision. I knew during the beginning what would happen.
AggieDPT
AG
I knew the odds were slim but I was hoping his daughter didn't burn at the stake. Surprise she's a Targeryan!!
onceaggie
AG
People who take got seriously
Objective Aggie
AG
Really disappointed that Tyrion was not on Dany's shoulders riding the dragon. That would have been epic. Thy missed a major opportunity there.
reb,
AG
quote:
How do you support a king who kills little girls? HIS LITTLE GIRL. Not worth following him.
Well if you are a commoner, you can bend the knee or die. Balls in your court.

Or were you under the impression it was this sort of fantasy world?

boogieman
AG
The GOT Musical ruined me. Everytime Danny was onscreen, I was like, "Rastafarian Targarian..."
Duncan Idaho
d.

combat wombat™
AG
Whether he is king is in dispute. So, if you were maybe thinking of caning him this might sway you.
jamaggie06
AG
Stannis' men were starving, stuck in the snow unable to leave. You know the red woman was all about talking about he if they sacrifice his daughter the gods will smile on them. They may not have been entirely on board with it, but sacrificing a "marked" girl who may have been seen as a curse probably looked like the best option. ****ed up? Absolutely.

Anyone else think Davoos kills Stannis when he finds out?
AggieDPT
AG
So in the Stannis vs Bolton fight you can root for the family that raped Sansa and murdered the Starks or you can root for the guy who just burned his daughter alive.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I think Ser Davos knew what was coming. Also, why send Ser Davos away if what you are about to do is right. Stannis knows that sacrificing his daughter is wrong. I think he will pay for it in the long run.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
So in the Stannis vs Bolton fight you can root for the family that raped Sansa and murdered the Starks or you can root for the guy who just burned his daughter alive.

Or hope they decimate each other and someone beget folks the void.
Ramrod
AG
Stannis did what he had to do; trust in the Lord of Light and sacrifice his daughter to save his army. Sending Davos off was just a ploy so he couldn't screw it all up.
AggieDPT
AG
Davos knew what was happening. Why do you think he asked to take the princess with him?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
quote:
Davos knew what was happening. Why do you think he asked to take the princess with him?
I think he knew too. It could be that he just wanted to get her away from the battle.

I believe that he knew something was up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No way Davos stays loyal after this.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
quote:
Stannis did what he had to do; trust in the Lord of Light and sacrifice his daughter to save his army. Sending Davos off was just a ploy so he couldn't screw it all up.
Stannis did what he had to do according to Melisandre. I think she is a snake oil salesman at this point. What is her motivation? Next she'll be plotting with Stannis to get rid of his wife. I think she is trouble. Maybe she is a Targaryen too? I hadn't thought of that until now. Unlikely but I think she has an ulterior motive. She is not dragging Stannis around by the nose for the religion of it.

Just my $.02.

Edit: I have watched almost all of this series. I missed about 5 episodes in season two and didn't watch season 1 very closely. I admit I may have missed something between Stannis and Melisandre. I am rewatching seasons 1 and 2 now.
reb,
AG
quote:
I don't think he knew what was happening. He asked to take the family with him first, and then asked to take Shireen "at least". He doesn't think its safe for them to be out in the winter with a traveling army in general. He gave her a carved Baratheon stag because he loves her and is a good guy. Stannis sent him away because if he knew Davos would try and sneak her out like Gendry or something like that if he DID know, IMO.
Kashchei
AG
quote:

Still going with Stannis. I hate the Boltons.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I missed about 5 episodes in season two and didn't watch season 1 very closely.
Legitimately curious how someone can miss half a season and not be completely lost.
Quinn
AG
She birthed a smoke monster that killed Renly, so at least some part of her is legit.

Davos was clearly trying to persuade Stan from sacrificing his daughter by asking to take her to the Wall, and he was clearly saying goodbye to her later in the episode.
Ambres
AG
I would love to see the witch burn.. just seems like she would make a good offering. On a side note, where are they going in Dorne? If the Starks going to King Landing is curse.. what does that say about the Martell.. his sister went to Kings Landing and was killed.. his brother went and he died in a fight .. now he is sending his son. He is clearly a gambler in heart.
Quinn
AG
We are going nowhere in Dorne, as it appears that plot line and the Sand Snakes was a waste of time.
combat wombat™
AG
Yeah, I really don't like Melissandre.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
My wife has clued me in for the most part. I did watch the battle of Blackwater and I saw the episode with the smoke baby.

I have been watching religiously since about Season 3 Episode 2. I'm not sure why it took so long for me to get into it other than I am not normally into this kind of show.

As others have stated in the past, I'm not really into fantasy but the story is excellent so far.

In the last couple of days I have rewatched the first two episodes. I am going to make my way through the rest of them and watch to the end of this season.

It is very possible I missed something with Melisandre.
Ramrod
AG
Melisandre debuted in the second season, my memory of that season is blurry but I think a lot of that season was spent setting up Stannis and his claim to the throne. Melisandre is a prophet and claims the Lord of Light showed her Stannis ruling from the Iron Throne, since she shared her visions with Stannis he has since converted to whatever religion it is that believes in the Lord of Light.

Since Melisandre is a priestess of the religion of the Lord of Light, Stannis holds her in high regard and believes what she says regarding the Lord of Light's plan for him.

That's just what I'm recalling, feel free to correct me on anything that is wrong. I know a lot of people remember this stuff better than I do.
mid90
AG
I've learned tonight that at some point, Stannis was actually the favorite character of some people at some point.

At least, so they say. I don't think I believe them.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I know that there is something there. I'm not saying she is a complete fraud but I think she is getting to Stannis to satisfy her own ends. I just question what they are.
Ramrod
AG
I really think she just means to fulfill what the Lord of Light shows her, nothing more. But that's just me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.