***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,186 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I can't remember another episode that was basically all setup, but I trust them to make it worth it.
Stive
AG
Do we have 4 more this year? Or 5?

And does anyone know for sure whether this season is going to catch up the show with the books (or at least come close)? Or will the show still be a season behind on catching up?
Ol Jock 99
AG

Producers said they will be moving past the books this season.
Ser Pounce
quote:
This is a warning about spoilers.
A potential big spoiler was just noted on the preview/description of next weeks episode as found on one of the channel episode guides for one of the services.

This is not just a a plot summary spoiler, but a BIG SPOILER if true.

Just saying. Avoid reading episode descriptions on your channel guide.\

Trying not to say which one...

Told you chumps this was going to be a big season for me. About to make my move!
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:

Told you chumps this was going to be a big season for me. About to make my move!
Your litter box needs changing?
redline248
AG
Awesome Dany: burn mf'ers!

Lame Dany: let's get married
InternetFan02
AG
I enjoy evil patriarchs and their incompetent evil offspring. The Boltons are a poor mans version of Tywin and Joffrey.

Now we see why they spent so much time on Ramsey toruturing Theon 2 seasons ago - you had to see how far it went to get the payoff later I guess.

So they killed off beloved character Ser Barristan Selmy - who's next? Feeling like either Davos or Bronn is next. They're setting up Bronn like they did Oberyn Martell last year as this overly great character who hits home runs in every scene.
khaos288
AG
quote:
I enjoy evil patriarchs and their incompetent evil offspring. The Boltons are a poor mans version of Tywin and Joffrey.

Now we see why they spent so much time on Ramsey toruturing Theon 2 seasons ago - you had to see how far it went to get the payoff later I guess.

So they killed off beloved character Ser Barristan Selmy - who's next? Feeling like either Davos or Bronn is next. They're setting up Bronn like they did Oberyn Martell last year as this overly great character who his home runs in every scene.
I have a feeling Bronn meets his end soon. Can't talk about a happy death without losing your entrails from ole George
Duncan Idaho
I thought cat was such a terrible person, mother and wife that I won't be happy until the stark girl is dead.

Texas Tide
AG
Big fan that Roose's wife announced her pregnancy to Ramsey in an episode titled "Kill the boy"

That kids odds of living a long happy life are about on par with a snowballs chance in hell.
jbanda
AG
The actor that plays Maester Aemon is 92 years old!
zap
AG
I loved how Ramsay was completely mystified that his dad knocked up Fat Walda.

I think if anyone is going to kill Ramsay, it will be Theon.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I had the following thoughts/theories last night:

• Ramsay's hoe and Sansa will become friends and plan how to bring him down together.
  • Theon and Sansa will team up and bring him Ramsay down together.
  • Ramsay will either kill Roose's fat wife or kill the baby as soon as it's born.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh, and I have a very bad feeling Jon Snow's days are numbered. No way there isn't a revolt at Castle Black now that he's teaming up with the wildlings.
Stive
AG
quote:
I loved how Ramsay was completely mystified that his dad knocked up Fat Walda.

I think if anyone is going to kill Ramsay, it will be Theon.

Yeah His questions to Roose about how did he find it, and how does he really know (holding his arms out wide) were hilarious.

I'm not convinced Sansa can handle what's coming her way. I'd like to think merry thoughts about her coming out on top in this whole thing in the North, but while she's learned some stuff from Littlefinger, call me doubtful that she's learned enough to keep her nose above water with those psychos she's with.

DannyDuberstein
AG
I was waiting for a "did you roll her in flour and look for the wet spot?" joke.
zap
AG
quote:
quote:
call me doubtful that she's learned enough to keep her nose above water with those psychos she's with.

But now she can put a candle in the window, and help will come running.
Quinn
AG
Jon Snow and Dany are two characters that I actually feel are untouchable. I know that they kill almost everyone on this show, but I would really be surprised by either of them dying.
boogieman
AG
quote:
Jon Snow and Dany are two characters that I actually feel are untouchable. I know that they kill almost everyone on this show, but I would really be surprised by either of them dying.

Agreed. I think they are vital to the end game.
Duncan Idaho
When did Stanislaus become a believer in the white walkers?

I thought his letting Jon and crew borrow his fleet was a little out of left field
Ramrod
AG
quote:
I had the following thoughts/theories last night:

• Ramsay's hoe and Sansa will become friends and plan how to bring him down together.
  • Theon and Sansa will team up and bring him Ramsay down together.
  • Ramsay will either kill Roose's fat wife or kill the baby as soon as it's born.

I think Myranda is trying to get close to Sansa in an attempt to bring her down and keep her from marrying Ramsay. If Sansa and Theon do team up to bring Ramsay down and Myranda finds out I think she runs to Ramsay and tells him in an attempt to prove that she is the one who he should marry.
Stive
AG
I felt like last night had a bunch of set up stuff but also seemed completely out of left field on a few things.

Jon seems really naive about going north. His job is Lord Commander, and his place is in command at castle black. The trip north (if he's agreed to it, and I got the gist that he did) seems random for him in his role.

Dany deciding to marry that guy in the prison cell was WAY out of left field. Daario, maybe. That guy? What the hell?

So now Jorah has that same disease that Stannis' daughter has? I don't remember too many details about it. Is it deadly? Obviously it's highly contagious....so I guess Tyrion could be in trouble as well.

I agree they're going somewhere with Theon and Sansa. Seems like a lot of set up between the two for there not to be some kind of issue between them. Maybe he tells her the brothers are/were alive when he last saw them? Sacrifices himself for her as some sort of inner redemption? I'll predict that Ramsey's little plaything girl starts doing something to Sansa and Theon kills her (the play thing).
Ramrod
AG
quote:
Jon seems really naive about going north. His job is Lord Commander, and his place is in command at castle black. The trip north (if he's agreed to it, and I got the gist that he did) seems random for him in his role.
The ginger Wildling said that Jon had to go with him to prove to the Wildlings that the trip was actually a move to get them to a safer place and not an attempt to kill them all off. Something like "to assure the people that the ships won't be burned in the middle of the sea".

quote:
Dany deciding to marry that guy in the prison cell was WAY out of left field. Daario, maybe. That guy? What the hell?
It is a move to gain the trust of the high ranking families.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If I remember Stannis' story correctly, his daughter's sickness was only stopped by a Maester somehow, and if not treated it will spread to your entire body, it seems like.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
If I remember Stannis' story correctly, his daughter's sickness was only stopped by a Maester somehow, and if not treated it will spread to your entire body, it seems like.
Basically this, although Stannis said he called in every healer, apothecary, etc. on that side of the world. It seems like they don't know what helped, but something did.
Ser Pounce
quote:
quote:
quote:

Your litter box needs changing?

*** SPOILER ***

Yes.
AgLaw02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
call me doubtful that she's learned enough to keep her nose above water with those psychos she's with.

But now she can put a candle in the window, and help will come running.
Sansa is engaged to the biggest psycho in Westeros. Even if things end up in her favor I expect things to get much worse for her before they get better.
Stive
AG
I know WHY both things are happening: that was made very clear with the conversations in the show.

The "why" doesn't make Jon look any less naive about his position in command. And the "why" doesn't make Dany's choice any less out of left field.
AgLaw02
AG
Jon's decision didn't strike me as naive. He fully comprehends the risk, but he doesn't care. He's like Ned. He has to do the right thing regardless of the consequences.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, Dany marrying that guy is such a crappy storyline. Can't stand that dude.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, Dany's move seems incredibly premature. She needs to save the marital cooch for an alliance that really matters when she's ready to retake Westeros, not to hold friggin Mereen and slavers bay.
The Debt
quote:
When did Stanislaus become a believer in the white walkers?

I thought his letting Jon and crew borrow his fleet was a little out of left field

Stannis has believed in the WWs since melisandre has been in his life. So the entire story. He goes to the wall not because of wildlings, but because of the events of the fist of the firstmen. When stannis defeats the wildlings, jon tells him to burn the bodies, and he knew precisely why, which is why he didn't question it.
Rocagnante
AG
quote:
Yeah, Dany marrying that guy is such a crappy storyline. Can't stand that dude.

Anything Dany does other than take her dragons and army and march on Kings Landing is a crappy storyline.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
I know WHY both things are happening: that was made very clear with the conversations in the show.

The "why" doesn't make Jon look any less naive about his position in command. And the "why" doesn't make Dany's choice any less out of left field.
Jon's why makes a lot of sense to me. Not only is the painfully undermanned, every wildling the walkers kill is now yet another foe. Getting the wildlings on their side is a win-win IF they cooperate.

Dany's is just odd. How does marrying some old family guy in Meereen going to help her take over Westeros?
Stive
AG
quote:
Yeah, Dany's move seems incredibly premature. She needs to save the marital cooch for an alliance that really matters when she's ready to retake Westeros, not to hold friggin Mereen and slavers bay.

And to a guy that's had about 30 seconds (combined) of screen time over the last 2-3 seasons. Seems really weird for the show makers to go that route.

If the book is that way, fair enough that they're trying to match the randomness of the book. But it seems like they'd of given us a little more backstory on this guy and would have built his character arc more if he's going to marry one of the key figures in the show.

Of course, now that I've said that, I fully expect him to step too close to a dragon and become charbroiled between now and the wedding.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.