***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,312 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guarantee we'll still have 2 threads, b/c people won't like discussion of books stuff that was eliminated from the show, even if it covers past seasons.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
Guarantee we'll still have 2 threads, b/c people won't like discussion of books stuff that was eliminated from the show, even if it covers past seasons.
Of course. Hell, look at The Walking Dead. The show and books have been COMPLETELY different for at least 2 seasons and there has to be 2 threads.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
People who read things.
HtownAg92
AG
Well, that was about 20 posts of wasted space. Let's discuss the pictures:

1. Jon Snow looking at Daavos' messenger and thinking: "If you saw what I just saw, you would know I can't spare a thing. Your attack on Winterfell is meaningless."

2-3. Cersei first trying to seduce a guard (or Lancel), then begging for forgiveness / confessing.

4. Sansa watching Brienne or Reek kill Ramsay, or seeing whatever the Red Witches' magic does.

5. Red Witch explaining how his horrific act was worth it. Him not truly buying it.

6. "So, fellas, you think she's coming back? How long do we wait?"

7. Jaqen super pissed at Arya for going back to her old life, but also secretly proud at how she pulled off the Trant killing.
Rocagnante
AG
quote:
I look forward to being able to do this on one thread.

How anyone can watch that Shireen scene and not be deeply disturbed is beyond me.

Me too. I hope Stannis meets a gruesome death.
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
I look forward to being able to do this on one thread.

How anyone can watch that Shireen scene and not be deeply disturbed is beyond me.

Dany was all but raped by Drogo early in S1. The line between consent and rape was pretty blurry there at the start. Theon burned two kids (admittedly off screen) and hung their bodies up for everyone to see what a badass he was in S2. Ramsey tortured the **** out of Theon in S3. Sansa was all but raped by Ramsey in S5. That blurry S1 line was now all but erased. I get that burning your daughter at the stake is a repulsive act, but its this whole show is one great big over the line episode after the next. Not saying I cared for watching it, but its all out there as far as western morals are concerned. Which makes me wonder what worse GRRM and the producers can do because we all know something worse will be coming in terms of repulsive acts.
LHIOB
AG
Its not that he burned his daughter alive. Its a terrible act but its been done throughout history so its nothing new. It was the screaming for her parents to save her that did it for me. I couldn't get the volume down fast enough.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Yeah. The final scream was pretty brutal to hear.
reb,
AG
Do you guys not read the wiki or something? I read the first 3 books, which I finished about a decade ago so I don't remember anything at all. So, after I'm done watching, I go read a half dozen show recaps and look up stuff I didn't catch or want backstory on.
Cromagnum
AG
GOT inspired Father's Day Cards. Holee ****.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sarahburton/7-game-of-thrones-fathers-day-cards-you-deserve?bffb&utm_term=4ldqpgp#.wo30d8nAK
Cromagnum
AG
I think this one made me LOL the hardest.

Cromagnum
AG
Damn...
zap
AG
Sad that Stannis had to cross the line. I was rooting for him. He's a jerk, but he would have been better for Westeros than the Lannisters.
scubasteve304
AG
Agree with whoever said read the Ask the Maester columns on Grantland. Dude does a great job of giving additional background, answering some lingering questions without spoiling anything for TV only folks.

I constantly read his column and am like wow so it is possible to help non-book readers out without going hurr hurr wait til you see the red wedding hurr hurr.
Rocagnante
AG
There is some karma in the GOT world. Jaime took away a kids ability to walk and he lost his ability to fight. Joff chopped off Ned's head and was poisoned by choking to death. Tywin was killed by Tyrion. That one guy formerly head of city watch who killed the ******* baby in the brothel had his head chopped off by Jon Snow (did Jon know about his role in Ned's fate?). Theon became Reek. Viserys got his golden crown.

I hope karma is coming for Stannis and The Boltons.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Don't forget the Freys.
Quinn
AG
There are already so many storylines to serve that I would be fine if they never came back.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The best thing would be for the Boltons to crush Stannis, and then Sansa destroys the Boltons from the inside somehow.
Rocagnante
AG
True.

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. The Mountain seems to be a generally unpleasant person. I'm curious to see what he comes back like once what's his name finishes his work.
zap
AG
Sansa knows Winterfell inside and out. She can definitely wage sabotage. She grabbed that corkscrew, hopefully she uses it to escape her room and "reek" havok.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
While he may be a book reader, none of those posts are non-TV info. Varys WAS overheard down in the dungeons talking about the Targs and their alliances
Yup, I am a book-reader, but I post about the TV show (only as far as I can tell) here. They are two different stories in my mind.

And in your mind you think that you are able to post without one influencing the other.

But you can't, in my initial read of your post it was quite obvious you know something in regards to what lies in store with Varys.
I don't think I posted anything about Varys, at all... You've got the wrong guy

Spreadsheet I wasn't talking about you at all. Never seen you post anything questionable, and would never think you would.

My comment was addressing The Debt because he was just being who he is.

While everyone knows that Varys is extremely intelligent, cunning and definitely has ulterior motives... there has been no indication at this point for show watchers to conclude that he is evil. None at all. In fact at this point it only seems like he's a pretty good guy and the anti-Littlefinger.

When Debt says stuff like "hurr hurr, it's so cute you think Varys isn't evil. Why would a foreigner care about Westeros?! I'm so smart" ...it annoys us because we all know he reads the books, and he constantly does **** like that. He might just be trolling because he is The Debt, but at least everyone is used to it by now.
mhayden
Apologies Spreadsheet -- like Sex Panther I was referring to The Debt.

"I'll take phrases I'd never thought I'd say for $1000 Alex"
Ol Jock 99
AG
Seems to be a recurring with that particular poster.
TyHolden
AG
siap...new book expected before season 6, aren't they splitting book 5 into 2 seasons?

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/winds.of.winter.release.date.news.book.to.be.out.before.game.of.thrones.season.6/55890.htm
Ol Jock 99
AG
No. Storylines are basically caught up.
TyHolden
AG
what are they basing season 6 on then? they haven't covered the little cripple boy (forgot his name) and his entourage this season...

http://deadline.com/2015/06/game-of-thrones-season-6-filming-in-spain-1201436833/
Ol Jock 99
AG
GRRM and D&D (show runners) have discussed it. That's all I got. But, with a few minor exceptions, we should be caught up after Sunday (I presume).

Any further detail, book thread.
TyHolden
AG
quote:
Any further detail, book thread.

sorry didn't realize there were 2 threads...
Wes97
AG
quote:
siap...new book expected before season 6, aren't they splitting book 5 into 2 seasons?

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/winds.of.winter.release.date.news.book.to.be.out.before.game.of.thrones.season.6/55890.htm

Yikes, that might have been the sloppiest article I have ever read. Was that translated into English via the internet or what?
Counterpoint
AG
quote:

Sex Panther
AG
quote:

Burrus86
AG
quote:

We saw them light the fire, and we heard her screaming. However, we technically never saw her burning....
The Debt
The books give very little indication into the actions or motives of LF and Varys, but season 1 of the TV show shows they are the only two players that see the game for what it is. None of that is book material. It's all tv material but because you're too dumb to put 2 and 2 together you feel compelled to lash out.

And yes varys has SAID he is just playing a role. It's a skill he learned on the other continent. Varys Tells Tyrion he hates magic but his co-conspirator is giving Dany dragons! Make sense of that.

So I ask again, what makes you think a foreigner cares about "the realm"? Because he told Tyrion he does?

Look at the original small council. We learn Grand Maester Pycelle is fos and has selfish motives. We learn LF is fos and has selfish motives. But varys, who is head of clandestine activities is not FOS and has selfless motives.
InternetFan02
AG
Speaking of varys what happened to the old dude he was keeping buried alive in that coffin in season 2-3?
Scotch
AG
quote:
[Due to some posters not being able to act like adults, we are adding this warning as of 4/21/15. If you are thinking about putting a book spoiler or comparison on this thread, you need to ask yourself a very simple question: IS MY POST WORTH A 30 DAY BAN? If you are thinking about posting something that MAY be a spoiler from the book, you need to ask yourself a very simple question: IS MY POST WORTH A 30 DAY BAN. Yes, it's a big ban, but we don't want to have to babysit this thread due to adults that act like children and think that it's funny to ruin things for other people. There is the warning. If you get banned for thirty days and your email simple says "Spoilers on the Entertainment Forum", don't whine to us because that means that you didn't take time to read this warning. Have a nice day. -Staff]

Italics added for emphasis.

"Helpful" connecting the dots posts from book readers who bring up show events that aren't noticed by SHOW ONLY watchers could very well be spoilers, imo. If it isn't a spoiler, then why bring up some muffled conversation from season one?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.