***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,212 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Sentinel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're being lured into a false sense of security. ****'s about to go down.
mazzag
AG
quote:
Cersi is being lured into a false sense of security. ****'s about to go down.

FIFY.
jbanda
AG
HBO loved to play up the gay rights theme. See those sopranos eps with Vito Spatafore on the run. Those fanatics are a wildcard.
redline248
AG
Sansa didn't deserve that
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thoughts:

• The place with all the faces was f-ing cool.
  • Tommen is a gaping vagina. He needs to grow a pair and put an end to the bull****.
  • Really expected Grandma Tyrell to pull something out of her ass. Hope she figures something out cause Tommen sure ain't doing anything. Too bad for her she can't accuse Cersei of screwing her brother, as that affects Tommen and Margaery.
  • Was hoping Reek and Sansa would kill Ramsay at the end. I was convinced they would but alas, this is Game of Thrones, where nothing good happens to anyone, ever.
Oh, and Mr. Eko, F yeah!
98Ag99Grad
AG
Tommen is 13-14 right? He ain't doing sht No matter how much fun sex is.
COOL LASER FALCON
I think Breanne is going to be the one to get Ramsay. She has some good karma coming her way. I don't think Theon has what it takes to do it. Maybe he puts the candle in the tower or something.

I wonder when Meryn and Lord Tyrell will get to Bravos. I'm ready for Arya to **** **** up. Glad we progressed on that this week.

No way is Grandma Tyrell going to let Cersei get the best of her. That whole thing was pretty well played by Cersei though.
AggieRebel
AG
I'm guessing the room full of heads are the faces that the faceless men can "put on."

Also, Cersei is about to get schooled by Olena Tyrell, she's been playing the game a lot longer
La Bamba
AG
I'm tired of the Starks getting ****ed on the show, particularly Sansa, no pun intended. It just adds nothing to me. It doesn't make me more into the show. It's just tiresome. Stannis will put the knife to Ramsay and the Boltons, and then freaking Peter will kill Stannis. Which sucks because I am starting to like Stannis. But darn it, Sansa, if she ever rises to power she will be ruthless. She's suffered so freaking much....more than another person on this show.
unmade bed
quote:
I'm tired of the Starks getting ****ed on the show, particularly Sansa, no pun intended. It just adds nothing to me. It doesn't make me more into the show. It's just tiresome. Stannis will put the knife to Ramsay and the Boltons, and then freaking Peter will kill Stannis. Which sucks because I am starting to like Stannis. But darn it, Sansa, if she ever rises to power she will be ruthless. She's suffered so freaking much....more than another person on this show.

I think that's kind of the point. I suppose that will make her rise to power more fulfilling. Just like it will be great when Ramsey finally gets what's coming to him.

No one has mentioned it but was it just me or was that whole Sand Snakes vs Jaime and Bronn in the gardens just horribly done?
FightnFarmerUSMC
AG
quote:
quote:
first time I've been disappointed by the show.

it is juts me, but did not want Sansa to have to endure anything from that wee snott Ramsey.

no other way to say it.. kinda ruins the show for me.

I realize there are many different opinions.

This is just mine.

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed as much as saddened (in a TV show sense). Sansa has had the worst run of luck of anyone on the show, and none of it is by her own doing. She was the last unblemished character and gave you hope that maybe the evil wouldn't get to her... but then we're reminded that this is GoT and **** happens to even the best of them.

Ramsey needs a knife in the balls, then the head.

This all started because Sansa told Cersi the Ned was taking them out of Kings Landing. This pushed her hand and had to have him arrested. He could have had the girls safe with Jory on the road back to winter fell. Cat and Sansa brought down the Stark house in season one.
Goldie Wilson
This whole episode was just one let down after another
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
  • Was hoping Reek and Sansa would kill Ramsay at the end. I was convinced they would but alas, this is Game of Thrones, where nothing good happens to anyone, ever.

Madmarttigan
AG
I'm not sure why I watch a show that half the time I enjoy and half the time makes me sick to my stomach.
AggieChemist
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm not a fan of the Sand Snakes in general. They just seem so cheesy and cartoony to me. Not to mention the main one that threw the spear at that guy's head is a terrible actress and butt ugly.
zap
AG
Who got sliced by the Sand Snake's spear? Was it Jamie or Bronn? If she poisons her blades like her daddy did,adios mofo.
Trident 88
AG
The only part of this episode that I really enjoyed was how Arya's story developed, although I couldn't quite keep up with the conversation when she was telling Jaqen her story, and he was hitting her with the switch.

From the Game of Thrones Scorecards Blog:

Arya is visited that night by Jaqen. He asks her for her background, and then switches her when she lies...and he always knows when she lies.
She says she is the daughter of a great lord, Eddard Stark - no switch.
She says Eddard died in battle - switched. Okay, that was an easy one.
She confesses to killing the stableboy as she escaped King's Landing - no switch.
She says she stabbed him in the back- switched. She actually stabbed him in the gut. A plausible lie very close to the truth, but she still gets switched. He good.
She says she tried to find her brother and mother, but they were murdered by Walder Frey - no switch.
An outlaw kidnapped her (true)...a man called Polliver - switch.
It was Sandor Clegane that kidnapped her (true), and she hates him - switch...?! She hates him! - switch. That's not a lie! - switch. Interesting...

Jaqen tells her that she's lying to the Many-faced God, to him, and to herself. He asks if she truly wants to be no one, to which she replies "yes", and gets a switch across the face. Arya doesn't want to play the Game of Faces any longer, but Jaqen informs her that there is no "off" switch for this game.
Stive
AG
She was getting switched at the end because he could tell she really did like/love the Hound. She was telling herself/others that she hated him, but he was the first/only person that really "cared" about her after her father died. So while she let him die in the mountains, she was conflicted.

At least that was my take on it.
PvL-Vorbeck07
AG
quote:
Who got sliced by the Sand Snake's spear? Was it Jamie or Bronn? If she poisons her blades like her daddy did,adios mofo.
I could be wrong on this and will have to rewatch it but I think it was Bronn. I too was like "oh ****, what if that's a poison blade!!"

I've been having a bad feeling the last 2 episodes that Bronn is going to get killed soon. I hope i'm wrong but I just think he's too cool and badass right now and GoT can't have any one character like that for too long. Anytime a character gets that way, they give em the axe eventually. I don't want Bronn to die!!!
DannyDuberstein
AG
I thought the Sand Snakes were cheesy as well. That fight scene resembled something out of West Side Story.
mattvswild
AG
That whole sand snakes fight was dumb. We're supposed to believe that Jamie/Bronn just happened to enter the water gardens at the exact same time the sand snakes did? It's just not plausible. And how the F did either of those parties just waltz into the gardens to begin with? It all seemed too contrived.

Positives: I'm enjoying the Ayra story, and look forward to her wrecking some **** soon. Also, I think having Theon say his name and be himself at the wedding plus all the taunting/contact with Sansa is going to bite Ramsay sooner or later. He is just so sure he's broken Theon, and he wants to prove it over and over again. Pride goeth before the fall and all that.
Stive
AG
quote:
I thought the Sand Snakes were cheesy as well. That fight scene resembled something out of West Side Story.

Same here. That was one of the worst fight scenes of the entire series. It was really hard to tell what was going on, you couldn't really tell who was who with all of the masks, etc.

Based on Oberyn last season, I was really looking forward to the characters in Dorne this year, but so far they've fallen a bit flat.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, one would think this eventually has to end with Theon or Sansa sticking a knife in Ramsey's ear after cutting his nuts off.

But then again, in GRRM's world, the whole thing may end with Ramsey Bolton sitting on the iron throne.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I have to admit, this season has been a bit of a step down for the show (so far at least).

I know this show has always been about the slow burn, but at some point **** needs to start happening. We're six episodes in and I could count on one hand the major events that have happened.
  • Cersei armed the Sparrows in order to bring down the Tyrells, and sent Jaime to Dorne to get her daughter.
  • Arya arrived at the House of Black and White, basically treaded water for 2 episodes, and is finally starting to learn how the face-changing works.
  • Dany is ****ing up constantly, Barristan is dead, and her people hate her.
  • Sansa is back in Winterfell, married to Ramsay, and her life is even worse than before.
  • Jon is Lord Commander, Stannis is marching on Winterfell.
That's really it. Six episodes to do what could've been done in four, IMO. The whole season has had a general feeling of, "let's tread water as much as possible to stretch this story out and leave all the major stuff for the last 2 or 3 episodes".

I just realized I didn't even mention Tyrion's storyline, and that says a lot about this season. One of the best characters of the series and his storyline has been completely lackluster so far. (Granted, you can't put the blame on the show if it's just following the books). For six episodes we've been waiting for him to meet Dany, and yet again he gets captured. How many times is that now?

Oh, and as I mentioned earlier, the Sand Snakes are terrible. Such a step down from Oberyn. To go from such a great, memorable character to this?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I've been fine with the pace. I actually think that is a fair amount of development for 6 episodes. I do wish the seasons were 13 episodes though.
Objective Aggie
AG
A few thoughts.
* I never caught that Jorah's dad was Lord Commander of the Night Watch. Makes sense.
* isn't Jorah contagious? Didn't he touch Tyrion?
* that Bolton guy is creepy beyond belief. It has been overdone.
* the secret society of the Many-faced God is slightly boring to me. Compared to Arya's water dancing lessons, I am bored.
* the Tyrells are in trouble. They just got played.
* the Dornish are crazy! Watching the sand snakes and Jamie show up at the same time was so unbelievable. It has a Charlie's Angels vibe going on.
* how many times is Tyrion going to talk his way out of death?
* the whole goal is to become king and yet Tommen yields no power.
* the Sparrows are an interesting plot twist.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
I think this all will lead to Cersei getting what has been coming to her.
AG
quote:
A few thoughts.
* I never caught that Jorah's dad was Lord Commander of the Night Watch. Makes sense.
* isn't Jorah contagious? Didn't he touch Tyrion?
* that Bolton guy is creepy beyond belief. It has been overdone.
* the secret society of the Many-faced God is slightly boring to me. Compared to Arya's water dancing lessons, I am bored.
* the Dornish are crazy! Watching the sand snakes and Jamie show up at the same time was so unbelievable. It has a Charlie's Angels vibe going on.
* how many times is Tyrion going to talk his way out of death?
* the whole goal is to become king and yet Tommen yields no power.
* the Sparrows are an interesting plot twist.
My guess is that you have to be touched on the "infection site" so to speak. Though if it does play out that just touching the person with grayscale (?) causes you to catch it, then those slavers punching Jorah are F'd too.
easttexasaggie04
AG
GOT is a roller coaster ride. I think next episode we start seeing Cersei get what is coming to her. She's being setup for a big demise IMO.

How many episodes will it take for Stannis to reach Winterfell? I'm tired of the Boltons.
TheCougarHunter
AG
quote:
GOT is a roller coaster ride. I think next episode we start seeing Cersei get what is coming to her. She's being setup for a big demise IMO.

How many episodes will it take for Stannis to reach Winterfell? I'm tired of the Boltons.

The way this season is going, he'll show up at the end of episode 10
COOL LASER FALCON
Haven't they announced that Season 7 is the end of it? If that's the case, I could really see the rest of this season and next season being just a bunch of set up.
Quinn
AG
quote:
Haven't they announced that Season 7 is the end of it? If that's the case, I could really see the rest of this season and next season being just a bunch of set up.
Before Season 4, they were saying 7 seasons, but before this season, they were saying 8 seasons. I'm pretty sure HBO is going to have a pretty hard time letting this show go.
mhayden
quote:
quote:

I think that's kind of the point. I suppose that will make her rise to power more fulfilling. Just like it will be great when Ramsey finally gets what's coming to him.

No one has mentioned it but was it just me or was that whole Sand Snakes vs Jaime and Bronn in the gardens just horribly done?

I thought it was very cheaply done. Not what I'm used to from this show.
Squirrel Master
AG
I haven't really 'gotten' or thought the Sparrows were a plausible plot device from the get go, but they keep getting worse. The idea that Cersei would have zero fear or concern about the Sparrows going after her for the incest is unreasonable, even for her. She's obviously playing a losing game, but they are making it too obvious by ignoring it (i.e. if they dealt with the idea that she was conflicted with the plan to put the Sparrows in power, it would open the door for the show not going that way and instead another... kinda like with Brienne and the candle in the tower and 'the North remembers'... we think we know Sansa's outs but she hasn't been able to use them yet before what happened happened.)

Previously I thought Littlefinger had a plan with Sansa, and while that plan has now been revealed, I find it hard to believe that he was just using Sansa to set himself up for taking the North, atleast in this fashion. Based on the events of the show, it would seem that he wasn't being facetious when he talked about knowing little about Ramsay, and I refuse to believe that's possible given all that he's been made to know about everything and his network.

Thinking about it more, Sansa probably needed this to be humbled to be able to ask for the help to get out of this situation. I think before, Littlefinger had emboldened her and she was overconfident - see rejecting Brienne, her dismissal of Ramsay's sidepiece when she was getting warned, her rudeness with Theon when he's clearly been broken down to what he is now. Ramsay was going to have to get his with her, atleast once, before she was going to be able to ask for the help she needs. In that light, her inevitable marital sex while rapey, was probably her getting off as easy as she could have. We know Ramsay to do much worse - his chick even told us all about it if we needed a reminder.

An aside about Arya - I watched the show in a hotel room on a lesser TV than I'm accustomed to, but I agree about her scenes being very dark (as in poorly lit). It also almost seemed like she looked older/had grown. I was actually wondering if they had filmed her scenes to this point this season previously, and this episodes scenes later to show her aging and imply she's been there awhile, but the conversations made it pretty clear my theory wasn't right. So just chalking it up to the lighting. I enjoyed those scenes, but they did continue to renew my fear that Arya will be not interesting when she gives up who she is to become a faceless man. We will see.

Tyrion's negotiating is fantastic. He's just secured a boat to take them to Meereen.

The Sand Snakes are so dumb. But that guard captain with the huge ax seems pretty badass.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.