***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,182 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Gramercy Riffs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And now all the stuff that was posted about what we should know regarding the House of Black and White pisses me off too. Sure, a lot of it should have been obvious, but don't make a post like that to simply show what an uber fan you are. We get it dude, you're a better GoT watcher/READER than the rest of us. Here's your trophy. Now run along.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm pretty sure last season we saw the mountain was with Qyburn saying he was going to do something to him.

All he said was that he'd "change him a bit". He didn't say anything more. Please edit the bit that you quoted so others can't come in a see it later.
aggietony2010
AG
quote:
spoiler censored

Hmmmm.

I've watched every episode at least twice in the last 13 months, and I completely missed that.

That or we have our book reader for this season. That or I glossed over something twice.
Stive
AG
Yep...he did. And like the poster above said, Cersei told him to do whatever is needed. They didn't say anything like what AggieHank is hinting at and talking about.

chase128
AG
quote:
And now all the stuff that was posted about what we should know regarding the House of Black and White pisses me off too. Sure, a lot of it should have been obvious, but don't make a post like that to simply show what an uber fan you are. We get it dude, you're a better GoT watcher/READER than the rest of us. Here's your trophy. Now run along.

You need to calm down lol. I was glad someone rehashed what was covered in the show, since theres been a lot going on.
Stive
AG
Pretty sure they didn't even say it.

So who's being the childish ****? You for coming in here and trying to hint at crap that none of us know about and the show hasn't covered? Or the guy that called you out on it?

Hint: It's not Gramercy
Stive
AG
Staff has deleted some of Mr. Dumbass' posts, but YellowPot still needs an edit.

Gramercy Riffs
AG
This happens every year. It's just a matter of which poster it will be for the new season. I'll never understand why it's so difficult for some people. I've read three of the books and never said a word about them during those seasons. It is possible, folks.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
Even using only show material, the viewpoint of someone having read the books is skewed.

That is fair.
Stive
AG
The series has made multiple references to Braavos (Arya's dance instructor, the assassin that helped Arya, the Iron Bank, etc.) but up until Monday night it hadn't mentioned the house of Black and White. Just because they discussed having Dany assassinated in season one by someone from Braavos doesn't mean that a show watcher is automatically supposed to make some obscure connection between that comment made by the small council and what happened this past Sunday.

But thanks for connecting the dots in such a clear and unmistakable way for us. Your insight is truly amazing for one so innocent.

Rocagnante
AG
***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) *****

I don't understand what is so difficult to comprehend? If you read the books, don't post on this thread about the books. If you can't keep them seperate in your head, then don't post on this thread at all! There is a different thread for you.

No one on this thread really cares about differences between the book and the show. And we don't want any spoilers, intentional or unintentional.
boogieman
AG
Just apologize and move on. Stop trying to blame other people.
If you referenc the books in any way, then you should be on the other thread.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I had a feeling from Hanks' post about the B&W house that he's read the books.

Hanks, please don't post about things we need to be "paying attention to", or hint about what's to come. It's written clearly in my OP.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I think most of us would be fine without the apology. I know I certainly don't want that. I just want the "move on" part to happen quickly.
Stive
AG
quote:
I think most of us would be fine without the apology. I know I certainly don't want that. I just want the "move on" part to happen quickly.
This
boogieman
AG
quote:

Hanks, please don't post about things we need to be "paying attention to", or hint about what's to come. It's written clearly in my OP.

His info about the faceless man was spot on and came from the show. You hadn't heard about the black and White House before Sunday. The rest of the details, you just had to remember from the show.
aggietony2010
AG
quote:
quote:

His info about the faceless man was spot on and came from the show. You hadn't heard about the black and White House before Sunday. The rest of the details, you just had to remember from the show.

True, but knowing about the plot in advance makes those details pop.

For example

***minor breaking bad spoiler***

In an episode of breaking bad, Ted Beneke gets irritated by a rug that snags his foot, and taps it down. A minor, inconsequential detail, and unnoticed the first time I watched the series.

Later in the episode, he trips on the rug and is injured. What was a minor detail has now played a role (albeit a small one) in the plot. The second time I watched the series, the scene where he gets irritated by the rug sticks out.

***end minor breaking bad spoiler***
zap
AG
The minute she walked up to that black and white door, I started craving a black and white cookie.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I MAY have confused whether something has actually happened on the series or whether it is simply something that the Lannisters said that they WOULD do. Shoot me.

COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
The minute she walked up to that black and white door, I started craving a black and white cookie.
Stive
AG
Dang me.....that Tyrion gif gets me every time!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Perfect.
powerbelly
AG
That is a spoiler.
boogieman
AG
If you're post includes the words "in the book" it probably belongs in the other thread.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
That is a spoiler.
cledus6150
AG
AG
quote:
Just an FYI "its not a spoiler of any way", but the *EDITED OUT* in the book so I kinda think what the other guy was going off of was a guess.

I have read the books and watch the show and enjoy seeing how the show differs from the book, which this season it appears it will be doing a lot. So even book readers will be guessing as to some connections and why things are happening.
how dense are book readers?
Rocagnante
AG
quote:
***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) *****

I don't understand what is so difficult to comprehend? If you read the books, don't post on this thread about the books. If you can't keep them seperate in your head, then don't post on this thread at all! There is a different thread for you.

No one on this thread really cares about differences between the book and the show. And we don't want any spoilers, intentional or unintentional.
Squirrel Master
AG
Trying to get back to things, what are we guessing is the timeframe for Tyrion/Varys to make it to Mereen, and how are you guessing the reception will be from Dany?

edit: unhorribling my English
cledus6150
AG
Everything I already said has happened in the show there for it is not a surprise to anyone, I have not given any hints as to what may happen in the future nor will I.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, considering his brother killed her father, I'm guessing not good.
cledus6150
AG
[Stop or get banned for a month. -Staff]
cledus6150
AG
I will continue to post as I have been as this is not a don't spoil the book thread, now then if it said that I would not have pointed out the difference.

[Only if you want a 30 day ban. -Staff]
Rocagnante
AG
From the OP:

"Note: If you've read the books, please no spoilers or comparisons to the books. If you can't help yourself, just stay off the thread."

[He's been warned. Let it go in order to keep his garbage from cluttering up any more of the thread. Thanks. -Staff]
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.