***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,244 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Joan Wilder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Keisha castle Hughes seems to have graduated from the Jon Lovitz master thespian class on ACTING!! Every time she opens her mouth it's a staccato-punctuated monologue and is ridiculous.
mattvswild
AG
Maybe Bronn and that SS lady end up getting together? I can't see how that furthers the plot at all, but I'm really failing to see how any of this Dornish Adventure furthers the plot, so...
Ramrod
AG
quote:
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the Sand Snake scene last night. But didn't it seem totally unnecessary? Like the show knew they had been lacking on tittays this season and added it to fill the cable TV boobie quota. Most all of the other gratuitous nude scenes had good character development in them. The crazy girl/girl scene with Roz showed Littlefinger as a shrewd pragmatic businessman/politician, Dany's first few scenes set up her and Drogo's relationship, etc. Obviously some of these are nudity for the sake of it being a cable show, but most all of them had plot points attached.

This scene with Bronn seemed pointless except to show some nudity. He sings, she tells him he's poisoned, we see some nice boobies, he gets cured. Why even have the poisonous cut as a plot point? Again, I'm not complaining, just an observation.
What I picked up from it was that the poison wasn't moving much throughout his body with him just sitting there in a cell, so she knew she had to get his blood pumping somehow.

Now...why she cared to save him and not let him die? I dunno, maybe just some compassion because they never planned on Bronn and Jaime showing up so that poison wasn't mean for him. Or maybe setting up for something in the future, it seems that most of the time in this series there is a reason we see small scenes like that.
et98
AG
The scene also showed us that she suffers from a major, almost pathological case of vanity. The other 2 sand snakes are clearly annoyed by it. Perhaps that's a ***** in their armor that can be exploited somehow in the future?
Joan Wilder
AG
There's something about the writing and acting in the Gilly-Sam scenes that drives me crazy. That whole scene with the 2 guys trying to rape her just had a "hey biff. Get your damn hands off her" vibe. She's written/played so weak and dumb, it wrecks that whole story line for me. I'm supposed to root for Sam to be with this mouth breather?

I honestly felt similarly about the Ygritte character too - I get the sense she had to have been much better in the book, but on the show it was just her repeating one of 3 lines over and over that was supposed to be banter I guess. The writers seem to really struggle with these story lines.

Why the f would Sansa entrust Theon with that task? Come ON. She thinks he murdered her brothers, he betrayed her family... Ridiculous.

COOL LASER FALCON
From Sepinwall's review. Bronn's past life. He sings a lot for a reason I guess.

InternetFan02
AG
Looks like the faith militant have cersei nailed with the sin of adultery with her nephew. Does that count as incest?

Any possibility they go full nuclear with the tommen as product of incest charge? That would obviously bring down cersei, de-legitimize tommen and thus the tyrells are cut out again. So no one wants that unless cersei holds it up as a desperation bargaining chip. What evidence do they need for proof of incest with tommen? Remind me what evidence did Ned stark find and is that still in play?
Sentinel
AG
Robert's *******s always had dark hair. His kids with Cersei were all blondes.
TXAGFAN
AG
What is the deal with Stannis' daughter and using her or whatever? Feel like I am missing some critical plot point there.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
The scene also showed us that she suffers from a major, almost pathological case of vanity. The other 2 sand snakes are clearly annoyed by it. Perhaps that's a ***** in their armor that can be exploited somehow in the future?
Seriously, the word for a gap in armor is censored, because it is also a seldom-used term for Chinese persons?
Joan Wilder
AG
I think Mellisandre wants to do some more blood magic, and she needs the blood of kings. So she wants to kill the daughter and use her blood for some spell. That's the way I understood it at least
TheCougarHunter
AG
quote:

Robert didn't have any kids with Cersei
Sentinel
AG
"his kids"
jbanda
AG
As I recall, in season 1, Cersei said she had a kid with Robert which did't survive.
Rex Racer
AG
So what did Lancel tell the High Sparrow? Does he know about Cersei and Jamie, or did he tell him about Cersei putting Lancel up to King Robert's death at the hands of the boar?
chipotle
I hope we put all this Sansa the strategist crap to rest.
The Debt
quote:
quote:

Robert didn't have any kids with Cersei

The seed is strong
PascalsWager
AG
I just want to thank Simon of House Adebisi for pushing the the plot forward and getting Tyrion to Daenerys. FINALLY!
Ramrod
AG
quote:
So what did Lancel tell the High Sparrow? Does he know about Cersei and Jamie, or did he tell him about Cersei putting Lancel up to King Robert's death at the hands of the boar?
Probably about having a hand in King Robert's death and that he and Cersei had sexy time too.
gomerschlep
AG
I'd bet it has to do with the incest, which will bring up Toman's illegitimacy to the throne. The Sparrows are making power moves, not just being uber-fundamentalist.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mr. Eko
The Debt
quote:
Stannis is in open rebellion against the crown and therefore has given up any legal claim to the throne.
rofl. Is he suing for the crown?

Legally speaking the baratheons aren't eligible because Targaryens still exist. (Sure the baratheons have some targ blood, but still "open rebellion negates claim" right lol)
Joan Wilder
AG
Didn't Lancel also sleep with Cersei? I think that's his big sin he confessed and was forgiven for by the high scepter. I think he gave them that info as well as the twin-cest Intel.
The Debt
Yes lancel was banging Cersei. I don't think Jaime knew, that will change his opinion of her as soon as that sin is tried/revealed imo. Remember a few episodes back when he wants to die in the arms of the woman he loves and bronn had a boring death wish.

Some have speculated he is talking about brienne not Cersei, but either way he is still amiable Cersei and sees her as the only family he has (disowning Tyrion).
Ag of Northern Virginia
quote:
quote:
Seriously, the word for a gap in armor is censored, because it is also a seldom-used term for Chinese persons?
Asian-American in the armor, you racist pig.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Which is more acceptable - "asian in the armor" or "oriental in the armor"?
FightnFarmerUSMC
AG
I was responding to the post about who would take the crown if Tommen dies or is incarcerated. Someone said Stannis would. If all of Robert Baratheon's children are dead, then the crown would pass to his eldest male sibling through right of succession. Because Stannis is in open rebellion against the crown, he is treasonous and has no right to the throne in that line of thinking. Unless of course he wins it through a rebellion, like Robert. I don't see what the "rofl" "lol" for my assertion is all about.

*Edit: I was in response to Stive's post who was responding to Steve Constanza on page 40. I guess I didnt use the reply function.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
If he does it, I'm done with Stannis.
I don't think he will; I think Melisandre or his queen-wife will; or they will team up to do it.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Just curious, but who is next in line if Tommen dies? Is it his sister or Margery?
I don't think that a woman is eligible for the crown in Westeros. He has no children and no male siblings. I think it goes next to siblings of his father ... Stannis.
mattvswild
AG
Anyone think Zombie Mountain comes to Cersei's rescue?
Quinn
AG
He's gotta come into play at some point this year.
InternetFan02
AG
quote:
Anyone think Zombie Mountain comes to Cersei's rescue?
absolutely. Over/under 1.5 on how many major characters he kills?
mhayden
quote:

In an earlier episode the sparrows made comments of Tonmen being born of incest, so its known.

Gotta say I really don't care for this Sparrows storyline at all -- feels like the entire show has been a build up of strategic positions and then they throw in this group that basically can do whatever it is they please and people are actually heeding their authority?
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

In an earlier episode the sparrows made comments of Tonmen being born of incest, so its known.

Gotta say I really don't care for this Sparrows storyline at all -- feels like the entire show has been a build up of strategic positions and then they throw in this group that basically can do whatever it is they please and people are actually heeding their authority?

I liked the Sparrows but as a really minor plot line. Like maybe the Wildlings, but more minor.

Instead, this season is consumed by Sand Snakes, Sparrows, and Boltons.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:

Agree with this. They came out of nowhere and are throwing the most powerful people in the 7 kingdoms in jail left and right... I know Tommen is supposed to be naive and in over his head, but all he has to do is say "**** this" and they're gone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.