***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,222 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Phat32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Westeros is ****ed. Being able to assimilate anything you kill into your army is a game changer.

When does the Night King launch his assault on the Wall?
PooDoo
AG
I'm betting Stannis kills the red witch and his wife for trying to burn his daughter.

Also, what the hell happened to Hodor and the little lords? Are they really going to be left out of an entire season.
Squirrel Master
AG
quote:
Also, what the hell happened to Hodor and the little lords? Are they really going to be left out of an entire season.

Yes. Bran and Hodor for sure.
Objective Aggie
AG
Hodor
Squirrel Master
AG
I've been thinking about how the Stannis/Bolton/Winterfell situation is going to play out, now that I think we know there won't be any sort of epic battle and that Ramsay is planning a small group covert attack of some sort. There are several ways to see this going and I'll probably be wrong like most of my other grand ideas, but here's what I'm thinking:

Ramsay and his small force try some sneak attack on Stannis's camp. Stannis being a superior military mind easily outsmarts them and somehow takes Ramsay hostage, killing or capturing his other men as well. Stannis tries to use Ramsay as a hostage bargaining chip with Roose, only for Roose to give him a shrug and a 'what do I care, he's only a *******', abandoning Ramsay to be killed by Stannis or used by Mel in some way. Reek, seeing Ramsay's fall, recovers his inner Theon, and signals Brienne, and the two of them escape with Sansa.

As a write this, there are some real holes I'm seeing that I'm not interested in fleshing out, but the main points are:
- Ramsay's reign has lasted quite a while now and he's ready for his downfall
- Roose has been too coddling of him, and he's due to turn his back on Ramsay
- Either Sansa or Roose will be leaving Winterfell if Ramsay is gone. Roose cause defeated or Sansa escaping.
- Brienne has to do something this season besides the one fight with Littlefinger's men in the first or second episode.
Rocagnante
AG
Now that we've seen the full white walker army I hope they advance that story along faster than Dany's army.

This was the last scene from Season 3 Ep 4 after Dany got her unsullied army. 2.5 seasons later and she still hasn't crossed the sea.

Squirrel Master
AG
I think expecting rapid advancement of either storyline will be a letdown for you. Both of those armies are gonna be part of the endgame for the show. They aren't going to rush them.
drewbie08
AG
I fully expect to see Hodor sitting on the iron throne at the end of the series.
Objective Aggie
AG
I would love to see Tyrion flying on top of a dragon burning up white walkers and their army. that would be epic.
chipotle
With his tiny fists up cheering a la Never Ending Story?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
With his tiny fists up cheering a la Never Ending Story?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I AM THE DRAGONRIDER OF TITS AND WINE!
Unnecessary Deafness
AG
Am i the only one that thought the zombies were going to just walk into the water like Pirates of the Caribbean. Or I felt like when the white walker started raising his hands that he was about to freeze the ocean.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Someone wanna photoshop?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Any theories as to what actually allows Valyrian Steel to kill White Walkers? Is the metal echanted, or is it more about the steel being forged in dragon fire?

If the latter, than we can pretty much assume dragons would kill White Walkers, right? Cause then the one walker walked into the burning house and put the fire out around him, it seemed like they were invulnerable to fire. But maybe not dragon fire.

Thoughts?
Squirrel Master
AG
I'd assume that dragon's being magical and all, metals created through them would have unique magical powers that could be used in fighting other magical entities, like WWs.
TX_AG_10
AG
I think you are on the right track with the dragon fire.. That's how the Dragon Glass was formed correct?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
If you read the books, you would know it's frozen dragon semen.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
According to this, it's volcanic glass from Dragonstone.
TX_AG_10
AG
Ahh.. didn't realize it was from Dragonstone. I though they got the name because it was derived from dragons. I wonder if dragonglass is still abundant at Dragonstone. Considering that's where Stannis was before he set off. Maybe his army has plenty of weapons made from dragonglass?
tmaggie50
AG
So it looks like Dany will win the people and ultimately the thrown when her Dragons ride in to save everyone from the White walkers.

Ultimately her and Jon Snow will fall in love and rule the 7 kingdoms. Tyrion will get to slay Sansa until the end of time.
tmaggie50
AG
Whats crazy is to think about all the power players in this that are powerful either by their armies or their mental games. Its insane to think how this will all end.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
I think you are on the right track with the dragon fire.. That's how the Dragon Glass was formed correct?
The characters have stated REPEATEDLY that "dragonglass" is also called "obsidian." It is simply an igneous rock. Its apparently-magical properties in GoT probably arise from the fact that it is created in the "fire" of the earth.

Stannis told Samwell that there is obsidian on Dragonstone.
Rocagnante
AG
quote:
Any theories as to what actually allows Valyrian Steel to kill White Walkers? Is the metal echanted, or is it more about the steel being forged in dragon fire?

If the latter, than we can pretty much assume dragons would kill White Walkers, right? Cause then the one walker walked into the burning house and put the fire out around him, it seemed like they were invulnerable to fire. But maybe not dragon fire.

Thoughts?

Metallurgy. When they melted and reforged Ned Starks sword they didn't have dragon fire, so you ta got to be the metallurgy not the heat source. I guess that Valyrian steel is somehow alloyed with dragonglass.
redline248
AG
Tywin says in the show that only 3 men are capable of reforging Valyrian Steel. I can't remember what is said about making new Valyrian steel.
98Ag99Grad
AG
quote:
So it looks like Dany will win the people and ultimately the thrown when her Dragons ride in to save everyone from the White walkers.

Ultimately her and Jon Snow will fall in love and rule the 7 kingdoms. Tyrion will get to slay Sansa until the end of time.

That's way too happy of an ending for this show.
TLS11
AG
yeah I don't think new valyrian steel is going to be made without dany's dragons getting to work in their sweatshop dungeon. Oath keeper and Geoffry's sword were made from Ned's sword
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
After a considerable drop in viewers last week, ratings are up by 2.5 million viewers this week. Hell of a rebound.
mhayden
quote:
I think we can assume that they won't show a battle at Winterfell, if there even is one, due to how much they spent on Hardhome. Money well spent HBO, money well spent.

Its funny because all season people have been talking about the battle this season and everyone assumed it would be Stannis vs Roose because its been set up all season long. Oooooops!

Neither here nor there, but I went to where Winterfell is located when I was on vacation in Northern Ireland.

90% of it is CGI... There's like 1 legitimate building... was quite bummed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pics?
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
I think we can assume that they won't show a battle at Winterfell, if there even is one, due to how much they spent on Hardhome. Money well spent HBO, money well spent.

Its funny because all season people have been talking about the battle this season and everyone assumed it would be Stannis vs Roose because its been set up all season long. Oooooops!

Neither here nor there, but I went to where Winterfell is located when I was on vacation in Northern Ireland.

90% of it is CGI... There's like 1 legitimate building... was quite bummed.

I have thought since season one the WF set was too small. Oh well
jtmoney03
AG
quote:

Thoughts?
I thought someone said in the episode that fire is one of things that can kill them? Did I make that up? Once I heard that, I remember thinking, well...guess that means the only way they will truly go down is with Dany's dragons somewhere down the line.
TX_AG_10
AG
I think burning them is the only way to prevent them from being resurrected by the Night King..
Stive
AG
You heard right. Jon killed the two dead guys trying to kill Lord Mormont in season 1 with fire.

Maybe the White Walkers (demon looking bad dudes) can only be killed by Valyrian Steel or Dragon Glass since that one last night was walking around in a fiery building, but the "reborn" dead people (all of the wildlings killed last night) can be killed by fire?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.