***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,256 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
gigemags-99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Can 3 dragons really beat that?

Yep!
reb,
AG
quote:
quote:

Yep!
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
quote:
She could rally them around the fact they have to save the Queen. Even though though she in effect put Marg there, no one else really knows that. Tommen thinks Sparrows trump his King. Cersei could convince him quite easily to take action.
that's what I'm thinking. She can be all "ra ra save the queen" knowing full well that Marg will be dead before they get to her. Then once they kill Marg it's gloves off, street running red with blood.

Please don't kill Margery GRRM!!!

I don't condone the torture by Annie in Misery...but I understand it now.
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
She could rally them around the fact they have to save the Queen. Even though though she in effect put Marg there, no one else really knows that. Tommen thinks Sparrows trump his King. Cersei could convince him quite easily to take action.
that's what I'm thinking. She can be all "ra ra save the queen" knowing full well that Marg will be dead before they get to her. Then once they kill Marg it's gloves off, street running red with blood.

So who then is left to fight? Everyone is killing each other off. Lannisters fighting common folk at KL is a lot of deaths. Stannis army gone. Wildlings almost gone. Boltons at Winterfell easy target for White Walkers. The Vale...would they really take on WW or retreat to the Eryie? Dorne....they withstood dragons but probly not WW army.

And I have doubts Dany and her dragons could beat the WW army. At this rate, by the time she crosses the sea she will be fighting an army of wights the entire population of Westeros. Can 3 dragons really beat that?
Dany is the only one with a realistic shot. We now know with certainty that Valyrian steel is the only practical way of killing the White Walkers. Who is the only person with an army anywhere in the world that could potentially find a large cache of valyrian steel and arm her soldiers with it? That's right, the woman kicking around just a stones throw from old valyria right now.
boogieman
AG
quote:
quote:

Yep!
They'll need to learn to burn **** from the air, and not have to land, like Drogon did in Mereen.
gigemags-99
AG
I wonder if the wights die if the WWs are killed off...
Rocagnante
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yep!

How? Walk me through the tactics? A couple of spears significantly weakened the biggest dragon. what could a couple hundred thousand wights do?

Dany wants to break the wheel? Let the White Walkers do that. They ain't scared of winter in Essos. I still think Dany says f Westeros, I'll just rule Essos. Tyrion even hinted at that.

If you think Westeros has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention! [queue the Ramsey gif]
Stive
AG
Or maybe she wants to rule both?
Rocagnante
AG
I don't think there's going to be anything worthwhile left to rule in Westeros.
30_Days
AG
quote:
exactly.

You don't have to kill every wight, only the relatively small band of white walkers. It's entirely possible as well that once the WW King dies all the wights die.
Rocagnante
AG
quote:
quote:
exactly.

You don't have to kill every wight, only the relatively small band of white walkers. It's entirely possible as well that once the WW King dies all the wights die.

How do you know this? Two white walkers have been killed on the show....did any wights die?
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
exactly.

How do you know this? Two white walkers have been killed on the show....did any wights die?

We're guessing. We don't know this is the case. And the king is the one that raised the dead.
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
exactly.

the magic to sustain and control them comes from somewhere, the most likely probability is that it comes from the White Walkers.

There's 2 possibilities then. Either the king dies, and it's all over, the wights collapse into a pile of bones. Or the king dies and the power manifests in the next in line.

Either way, without the WW they're just a leaderless mindless mob. Strong in numbers, but relatively easy to fell, and with no way to get back up.
Swarely
quote:
She was actually pretty shocked that the guy could resurrect people. I don't think she knows how to exactly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought she was shocked how many times he had been brought back. Like 5 or 6 right?
Rocagnante
AG
Both good points.

Edit: gigem and 30
Sentinel
AG
My memory of that episode is fuzzy so you may very well be correct.
TX_AG_10
AG
quote:
I miss Maergery.

I'm ready for her walk of shame!
Stive
AG
quote:
quote:
She was actually pretty shocked that the guy could resurrect people. I don't think she knows how to exactly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought she was shocked how many times he had been brought back. Like 5 or 6 right?
Yes, it was multiple times. They talked about how many different ways he'd been hurt/killed and all the different times he'd brought him back.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
I miss Maergery.

I'm ready for her walk of shame!

It moved.
jbanda
AG
I now know what I want...jon resurrected by....THE WW KING TO REPLACE THE ONE HE KILLED!
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yep!
They'll need to learn to burn **** from the air, and not have to land, like Drogon did in Mereen.

They flew around burning that city when Dany bought the unsullied. Plus Drogon was breathing fire as he flew into the arena. Not a problem. Haven't seen wiggts throw spears or shoot arrows, or have any siege type weapons capable of throwing projectiles.
Ragoo
AG
The dragons are also still very young, as they age and grow their skin will toughen.
AgLaw02
AG
Or throw some armor on those bad boys. Why not?
PooDoo
AG
I might have missed it earlier in the thread but the big knight that carried Cersei away was Frankenstein Mountain, right?
jbanda
AG
Yup. You could see the frankenstein look through his helmets eye holes.
30_Days
AG
I don't see how it could be anybody else. Maybe The Hound? that could have been frostbite around the eyes I suppose.

it has to be one or the other though right?
jbanda
AG
Based on stature alone, it had to be zombie mountain. They've been hinting at it the whole season.
mattvswild
AG
Question about e10 "previously on GoT"... They showed the clip with the Ayra and her sword instructor, but never mentioned him in the ep. Was that there to remind us that Meryn is/was an ass and that Arya wanted to kill him, or is there something else there I missed?
30_Days
AG
quote:
Based on stature alone, it had to be zombie mountain. They've been hinting at it the whole season.
that's what I thought too, but I was never quite sure about how big The Hound was, but I thought he was as tall as The Mountain.

My main thought that it might be The Hound instead is that he didn't seem as broad as The Mountain.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, that Trant killed him and that's why he's on Arya's list.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

I would say more broadcasting than hinting.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's not The Hound.
chipotle
quote:
Was that there to remind us that Meryn is/was an ass and that Arya wanted to kill him, or is there something else there I missed?

Well since Meryn supposedly killed her instructor that's just about it.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
Yeah, that Trant MIGHT have killed him and that's why he's on Arya's list.
FIFY.

This is one off screen death that I'm not really sure happened. I think he is alive and well. Though it is a long play since that was from Season 1 and hasn't been mentioned since then.

Stannis though... he gone.
jbanda
AG
Dead stannis? Yes. Gone? No. Book a wight stannis.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.