***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,311 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes and no. They have changed a few details and expedited and cut out some story lines though, so book readers are in the dark a lot more in the new episodes than they ever have been. I fully expect next season to be completely new stuff if GRRM hasn't released his new book.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I think there are a few possibilies:
1) Robbyn Arryn (to marry, possibly Princess Marcella)
2) High Sparrow's son (to hostage)
3) High Sparrow's lover (to wreck the Sparrows)

Where are you getting this?
The Debt
quote:
quote:

Its speculation. Just ask yourself what "handsome young boy" would benefit Cercei and Ollena? Hell even LF is pissed at the High Sparrow.
The Debt
quote:
Are we really now ahead of the books?
Depends on the character.

All this Sansa/LF stuff is beyond the books.

Cercei stuff is catching up quickly.

Dany/Tyrion stuff is beyond the books.

Jon is on time and Stannis is on time.

Bran is kinda behind.

All this Jaime stuff is new.

Arya is behind.

One thing that is important is that events in the books 4&5 are happening simultaneously just on each continent. So some are already ahead of where they are in book5. But remember S4 is the back end of book 3.

How can this possibly be spoilers? It has zero plot details and it shows that readers are now as unknowing as everyone else with these plotlines.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
How long before somebody grows tired of Littlefinger and kills him? He seems to always be sneaking around in the background and making things happen but sooner or later his spider web of lies and sneakery will catch up to him.
As long as all the power brokers feel he is ultimately "on their side" and key to their strategic interests, it will be awhile. Like a marketing guru, He is really really good at manufacturing a need for himself to others.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We have zero reason to believe the High Sparrow has a male lover. Would go completely against his character, doesn't make much sense.
The Debt
quote:
We have zero reason to believe the High Sparrow has a male lover. Would go completely against his character, doesn't make much sense.
We had zero reason to suspect LF would kill Joffrey, Lysa. We had zero reason to suspect Theon would betray Robb. We had zero reason to suspect Lord Commander Mormont would be killed by nameless brothers of the Nights Watch. Oh and the Red Wedding, did you see that coming?
COOL LASER FALCON
Having some secret like that would be a great and logical way for Little Finger to take him down.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
We had zero reason to suspect LF would kill Joffrey, Lysa. We had zero reason to suspect Theon would betray Robb. We had zero reason to suspect Lord Commander Mormont would be killed by nameless brothers of the Nights Watch. Oh and the Red Wedding, did you see that coming?

I think we all knew he would kill Lysa
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We had zero reason to suspect LF would kill Joffrey, Lysa.
He had every reason to kill both.
We had zero reason to suspect Theon would betray Robb.
We saw it coming at least a few episodes ahead of time.
We had zero reason to suspect Lord Commander Mormont would be killed by nameless brothers of the Nights Watch.
Maybe, but it made sense.
Oh and the Red Wedding, did you see that coming?
About halfway through the wedding.

The High Sparrow being gay would not make sense in the story, all of the above did.
combat wombat™
AG
All I can say is that I was so so so satisfied to see Cersei get arrested. *****.
AggieRebel
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Its speculation. Just ask yourself what "handsome young boy" would benefit Cercei and Ollena? Hell even LF is pissed at the High Sparrow.
I don't think LF's gift of the "handsome young boy" to Olenna benefits both her and Cersei. I think he was saying he gave Cersei a handsome young boy (the guy Loras was stabbing), and that he has another gift of a handsome young boy to give Olenna. It could've been Lancel, although as others have mentioned that gets a little sloppy since Lancel had supposedly already confessed his sins. Maybe LF found Gendry
chipotle
quote:
All I can say is that I was so so so satisfied to see Cersei get arrested. *****.
I was hoping she would be put with Margery and then Margery would have a s*** eating grin on her face and be like, ".....hey.....how are you doing?"
The Debt
quote:
We had zero reason to suspect LF would kill Joffrey, Lysa.
He had every reason to kill both.
Really?! He admitted to Sansa killing Joffrey doesnt do anything for him politically, and that is why no one suspects him.
quote:
We had zero reason to suspect Theon would betray Robb.
We saw it coming at least a few episodes ahead of time.
Like when he is begging his father to join Robb?
quote:
We had zero reason to suspect Lord Commander Mormont would be killed by nameless brothers of the Nights Watch.
Maybe, but it made sense.
It seems like in order for an event you approve of, you need to have 1) all players in the event known, 2) there to be some previous scene that hints at it.

Well, lemme tell you, the LF/Ollena scene is the #2 in this case.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't think LF's gift of the "handsome young boy" to Olenna benefits both her and Cersei. I think he was saying he gave Cersei a handsome young boy (the guy Loras was stabbing), and that he has another gift of a handsome young boy to give Olenna. It could've been Lancel, although as others have mentioned that gets a little sloppy since Lancel had supposedly already confessed his sins. Maybe LF found Gendry

Gendry could actually make sense as he could be used to show Cersei's incest. The only problem with that would be that Margery is married to someone who shouldn't be King which hurts the Tyrells.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
I was hoping she would be put with Margery and then Margery would have a s*** eating grin on her face and be like, ".....hey.....how are you doing?"
Wanted to see this so badly.
Zeke1995
AG
quote:

If LF can get Marcella to marry Arryn, that will make the Arryn the father of the King (get Marg to kill King Tommen), Highgarden will have marginalized the Martells (and the Lannisters too). Remember what LF said before telling her about his gift "our fates are intertwined". So, I think LF plans to marry Arryn to Marcella, but this leaves him an eligible bachelor (say Marg?). But I wouldnt put it past him to change the cast for the Arryn/Marcella wedding to include himself. Remember he is the Lord of Harrenhall, the largest castle, so he would technically be suitable for a royal wedding.

Just my thoughts.

Interesting.

In order to help this plan come to fruition, I humbly offer myself to marry Natalie Dormer.
The Debt
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Youre right the handsome young boy doesnt have to benefit both. But it could.

If LF has leverage over the High Sparrow, like a son or a lover, he can manipulate the Faith to the benefit or demise of Cercei or Ollena.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It just needs to make sense. All of those made sense within the story, and what you're theorizing would be completely out of left field, a deus ex machina if you will. The Sparrows are basically one already, so this would be one on top of another one.

The High Sparrow is throwing some of the most powerful people in Westeros in jail for indecency. If he had an old lover hiding somewhere in Westeros, he'd better 1 - be the only one who knew about it, and 2 - be dead. Even then, he could be in trouble with Littlefinger having spies everywhere. But beyond that, it just wouldn't make any sense for his character if he was a closeted homo.
Objective Aggie
AG
Have we seen Highgarden or Casterly Rock in the show . . . ever?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Furthermore, if the theory that the High Sparrow is gay is based on information given in the books, kindly stop posting.
Agustus Caesar
AG
no. hopefully we'll see both next season or season 7. GRRM has stated those are two specific places he wants to take people to in his future books.
MSCAg
AG
quote:
Furthermore, if the theory that the High Sparrow is gay is based on information given in the books, kindly stop posting.

Its not, that is just people speculating. The only things the books [outright] say about the Sparrow is that he is uber religious. Honestly, the newest pope is a very good comparison - this guy who comes in and really promotes helping the poor people.

My guess is the young lad is Gendry and it'll be used to prove the Lannister incest. Ollena and LF hold it over Cerci's head, make her have Tommen revoke arming the Faith. Outing the Lannisters doesn't help House Tyrell, since right now their daughter is the queen.

Unless they lie and try to say Maragary bedded Renly.
mhayden
It constantly amazes me that book readers cant seem to grasp the simple concept of not posting anything that is in, or isn't in, the books.
COOL LASER FALCON
I don't think we'll see Gendry again. I don't see how he really changes anything. His existence doesn't prove that Tommen is a bastard and now thanks to Ramsay, we know a little more about bastards' rights in Westeros. It sounds like he'd be a long way from being heir.

I think the handsome young man could refer to:

a new character (the gay high sparrow thing doesn't strike me as far out at all)
Arryn Robin
Lancel Lannister - This still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Primarily because he of the timeline, but also because I don't see how he helps the Tyrells
Loras's f buddy - He could be using him for leverage over the Tyrells. Maybe LF can get him to redact his allegations against Loras and Margaery if Grandma Tyrell plays along?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Loras's f buddy - He could be using him for leverage over the Tyrells. Maybe LF can get him to redact his allegations against Loras and Margaery if Grandma Tyrell plays along?
AH. Now this makes sense. Good thinking.
The Debt
quote:
The High Sparrow is throwing some of the most powerful people in Westeros in jail for indecency. If he had an old lover hiding somewhere in Westeros, he'd better 1 - be the only one who knew about it, and 2 - be dead. Even then, he could be in trouble with Littlefinger having spies everywhere. But beyond that, it just wouldn't make any sense for his character if he was a closeted homo.
So you think the High Sparrow is the only virtuous man in Westeros?

I mean even Ned and Robb broke their vows. Stannis committed fratricide. Even Lord Commander Mormont must have done something to be exiled to the Nights Watch.

These are the men of rigid virtue in the show. Yet a man shows up without his shoes, claiming he gave them to a needy man and you are convinced! Martin's characters are suppose to be human, not pristine angels.
AggieRebel
AG
quote:
quote:
AH. Now this makes sense. Good thinking.
But if he changes his story now he'll have lied under oath and he'd be facing the same punishment Loras and Margaery are. I guess the Tyrells could tell him to change his story or they'll kill him but that seems too straight forward
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I mean even Ned and Robb broke their vows.

Are we sure about that?
The Debt
quote:
quote:
I mean even Ned and Robb broke their vows.

Are we sure about that?
Robb broke his word to the Frey's. By his honor, he was betrothed.

Ned, well, he didnt write down Robert's will correctly.
M.C. Swag
AG
Jon Snow and Sam definitely broke theirs!
The Debt
"He who is without sin cast as the top sparrow."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh my.
The Debt
quote:
Oh my.
Anyone read that like George Takei

chipotle
ha...The sparrow Prince

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.