***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,239 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would advise ANYONE not wanting ANYTHING to be spoiled NOT to click that link.
redline248
AG
The chick that plays the sand snake who gave the speech about Oberyn throwing down his spear when he took her to court:
Queen of Naboo in Episode 3

Objective Aggie
AG
quote:

It needs the missing direeolf, but this is spectacular.
Ser Pounce
quote:
quote:
http://i.imgur.com/1SJ09vc.png

It needs the missing direeolf, but this is spectacular.

Ahem.... Cough cough cough.... hairball!

Don't give up on me!
DannyDuberstein
AG
They have a ****ton of irons in the fire with the many plotlines (Faith militant, mereen, Tyrion-Jorah, Dorne, Winterfell, the wall, etc.), and Varys has never really been a character that has stood on his own. He'll come back into the scene when he has more direct interaction with the more main characters involved in those other plotlines.
Stive
AG
quote:
They have a ****ton of irons in the fire with the many plotlines (Faith militant, mereen, Tyrion-Jorah, Dorne, Winterfell, the wall, etc.), and Varys has never really been a character that has stood on his own. He'll come back into the scene when he has more direct interaction with the more main characters involved in those other plotlines.
Agree.

There were stretches early on where there were LONG periods of times between appearances from him.
dave94
AG
quote:

Squirrel Master
AG
Oh I absolutely agree. I just think its odd that his traveling partner is kidnapped and we just don't see him. I agree that he's not a standalone character and is only important to the extent he's interacting with others. Presumably he'll pop up either in Meereen when Tyrion/Jorah/slavers get there or he'll pop back up in Kings Landing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
The chick that plays the sand snake who gave the speech about Oberyn throwing down his spear when he took her to court:

Did not know that.
PascalsWager
AG
No one's mentioned it yet, but Adebisi is back on HBO.
CajunAg97
AG
I noticed that too!
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:

I think the guys of TNT Inside the NBA need to do Gone Fishing posters for everyone killed off GOT.

Also, these were excellent for some lulz.

http://distractify.com/jake-heppner/never-trust-a-got-wedding?ts_pid=2&ts_pid=5
CheeseSndwch
Something I've been wondering about lately. How do people know Tyrion killed his father? I don't remember there being any witnesses. Did someone see it happen?
chipotle
Let's see:

-escaped prisoner
-dead father, moments after escape
-dead ex hoor, moments after escape
-suspicion of killing Jof (whether justified or not)
-eloquent drunk sister hates him
-imp

I think all think all of this would be enough for them to put Tywin's death on him. Again probably not justified.
Squirrel Master
AG
Because Cersei said so, I imagine.
zgood10
AG
quote:

Also the lead in Whale Rider
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
Something I've been wondering about lately. How do people know Tyrion killed his father? I don't remember there being any witnesses. Did someone see it happen?

I did! I saw it right there on my tv...
chipotle
I saw it too.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

THis is awesome. How has it not gone viral?
easttexasaggie04
AG
"I hope they never find a cock merchant"
- Tyrion
NorthHollywoodHenry
AG
I thought this belonged here: Game of Thrones - The Musical
TLS11
AG
Can someone clue me in on why many think Littlefinger is looking to help cersei and screw over sansa? It seemed from his convo with cersei that he was just full of BS. He ended the convo with something like "i live to serve". That's the most Un-littlefinger thing he's ever said. I took that to mean he was clearly pulling the wool over cersei as to his real plan to take over the world.
gomerschlep
AG
He's looking out for himself.
AggieLitigator
quote:
Can someone clue me in on why many think Littlefinger is looking to help cersei and screw over sansa? It seemed from his convo with cersei that he was just full of BS. He ended the convo with something like "i live to serve". That's the most Un-littlefinger thing he's ever said. I took that to mean he was clearly pulling the wool over cersei as to his real plan to take over the world.

I don't think he is helping her. He's using her as a pawn in his game of life chess. I think he does want to end up with Sansa. He's using the hatred Cersei has to make her make an emotional decision.
boogieman
AG
Yeah. He serves himself.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Does he really give a F about Sansa or is she just a pawn? And if he does care about her, is it only because she's Cat's daughter?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
The Blackfish

Of all the missing ones, he's the one I'm most curious about. They were very deliberate in getting him out of the room before the massacre went down (similar to the guy that got married). And we were given a pretty clear impression that he was a bad dude. I'm wondering if he shows up later ala Barristan Selmy. At a place far away loyal to someone key.

I agree. I don't care about any of the other missing people really. Even the Brotherhood without banners. But they made such a big deal at his father's funeral about what a badass he was, I want to see him show back up and rally the Riverlands.

Stuff like that makes me wonder how long Martin thinks he will live. Presumably, an author creates characters and threads like that with the intention of long term consequences, but it's difficult to imagine him ever tying all of these together. If they're just short term plot devices, then, well, he sure spends a lot of time on short term plot devices.

No way I would consider reading the series unless or until he lives to complete the final chapter.
AggieLitigator
quote:
Does he really give a F about Sansa or is she just a pawn? And if he does care about her, is it only because she's Cat's daughter?

I think he has spent his whole life loving her mom and wishing he ended up with her mom and she is the closest thing to that and also reminds him of her late mother
Stive
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
The Blackfish

Of all the missing ones, he's the one I'm most curious about. They were very deliberate in getting him out of the room before the massacre went down (similar to the guy that got married). And we were given a pretty clear impression that he was a bad dude. I'm wondering if he shows up later ala Barristan Selmy. At a place far away loyal to someone key.

I agree. I don't care about any of the other missing people really. Even the Brotherhood without banners. But they made such a big deal at his father's funeral about what a badass he was, I want to see him show back up and rally the Riverlands.

Stuff like that makes me wonder how long Martin thinks he will live. Presumably, an author creates characters and threads like that with the intention of long term consequences, but it's difficult to imagine him ever tying all of these together. If they're just short term plot devices, then, well, he sure spends a lot of time on short term plot devices.

No way I would consider reading the series unless or until he lives to complete the final chapter.
While that may be true, it may also be the show writers. The book may have already dealt with the Blackfish guy, but the show writers may not have had a chance and need to move on since they're dealing with a budget and only 10 episodes per year.

chipotle
quote:

My best guess:

He needed to convince Sansa to choose to stay at Winterfell so she would stay there on her own will and accord. So now that Cersei knows she's there she'll want to send whoever(convenient little finger was there to volunteer as he is Protector of the Vale) to get her and crush whatever's left of the Bolton/Stannis confrontation. Then he asked to be warden of the North, which is a huge step closer to taking the Iron throne. Which is what his primary goal is....not being with Sansa. But still taking the North is under the guise of protecting the kingdom from Stannis and eliminating Sansa who Cersei hates anyway. "I live to serve...but make me Warden of the North".
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:

I think he has spent his whole life loving her mom and wishing he ended up with her mom and she is the closest thing to that and also reminds him of her late mother

This is true but he is also bitter that he was never considered good enough for her (by both her father and her) bc he was a commoner/below her in station. Now he has all this power and since everyone on this show is ****ed up, I wouldn't put it past him to screw Sansa over bc, '**** you, that's why."
JJxvi
AG
I read that last line in Mr. Plinkett voice...
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is true but he is also bitter that he was never considered good enough for her (by both her father and her) bc he was a commoner/below her in station. Now he has all this power and since everyone on this show is ****ed up, I wouldn't put it past him to screw Sansa over bc, '**** you, I'm GRRM and I'm going to make sure that you end up depressed and miserable, that's why."
FIFY
zap
AG
In my version of GOT, Blackfish reappears to rescue his little brother and to exact revenge on the Freys for killing Cat and Robb. He does this "Commando" style just like Arnie did back in '85.
InternetFan02
AG
quote:
I thought this belonged here: Game of Thrones - The Musical
genius!

I mean... George RR Martin and Chris Martin... What could go wrong?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.