***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,238 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bkag9824
AG
Sooo... watching the Season 5 Trailer 2 released in March you can pick up on a couple of important things.

Season 2 Trailer

1. At the 1:14 and 1:16-1:17 marks you see Daario fighting Harpies in the great fighting pit. Something big is going to go down next episode.

2. At the 1:27 mark you see Stannis' wife upset, on the snowy ground, and looking up with what appears to be a busted lip. Does this have anything to do with Melisandre's somewhat startled look in the Episode 9 promo?
Rocagnante
AG
quote:

Thank you for having all your monitors at the same height. My slight OCD cringed at the other photo.
The Debt
quote:
To protect his sisters kid.

If the kid was half Targaryen then he would be the target of assassins just like Dany and her brother.

Yall are missing the point with Robert and Jon. It's not that he is a Targaryen, it's not that he is a threat to his crown, it's that Jon is son of rheagar the man who stole and raped Lyanna, roberts only love. Rheagars actions sparked something in Robert that drove Robert into a frenzy that fueled him into destroying the world's greatest dynasty.

If there is one person in the world Robert hates more than rheagar, it would be jon. Ned, the north, and the seven kingdoms wouldn't be able to stop Robert if he found out.
Quinn
AG
quote:
quote:
To protect his sisters kid.

If the kid was half Targaryen then he would be the target of assassins just like Dany and her brother.

Yall are missing the point with Robert and Jon. It's not that he is a Targaryen, it's not that he is a threat to his crown, it's that Jon is son of rheagar the man who stole and raped Lyanna, roberts only love. Rheagars actions sparked something in Robert that drove Robert into a frenzy that fueled him into destroying the world's greatest dynasty.

If there is one person in the world Robert hates more than rheagar, it would be jon. Ned, the north, and the seven kingdoms wouldn't be able to stop Robert if he found out.
Why would he hate jon more than the person who actually stole his lady? I guess it doesn't matter because Robert is dead, and none of the story really matters to a certain extent anymore since the White Walkers are coming.
zap
AG
quote:
Sooo... watching the Season 5 Trailer 2 released in March you can pick up on a couple of important things.

Season 2 Trailer

1. At the 1:14 and 1:16-1:17 marks you see Daario fighting Harpies in the great fighting pit. Something big is going to go down next episode.

Excellent catch. Looks like "open the fighting pits" was a setup from the get go. All hell breaks loose, Dany is is in mortal danger and Jorah arrives to save her?
The Debt
Jon is the actual manifestation of the rape of lyanna, the offense against robert, the stolen virtue of his love.
Stive
AG
quote:
quote:

Season 2 Trailer

Excellent catch. Looks like "open the fighting pits" was a setup from the get go. All hell breaks loose, Dany is is in mortal danger and Jorah arrives to save her?

Based on that scene, it's going to take more than Jorah to save her. There are a BUNCH of Harpies surrounding them.
zap
AG
Jorah just needs to show his grey scale and they will scatter.
Squirrel Master
AG
quote:
Based on that scene, it's going to take more than Jorah to save her. There are a BUNCH of Harpies surrounding them.

Don't want to watch the trailer, but I've figured we'd get some more dragon killing in this season. Drogon to the rescue?

Side note: Does it bother anyone else that there is a dragon named Drogon? Laziest naming ever.
Independent George
AG
^^ agreed.

Got me thinking if Jorah isn't enough how awesome would it be to see one of the dragons smash down into the arena to protect the mother of dragons. Something like this has to happen at some point.

She has to have a big moment that says, yeah I've got dragons backing me up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The name of the episode is The Dance of Dragons.

Drogon is most definitely saving their asses.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, I figured Drogon was in honor of Khal Drogo. No?
powerbelly
AG
That is what I thought.
Squirrel Master
AG
I had not considered it was named after Drogo. Almost certainly correct. I still hate it. It makes me think of the neighbors growing up whose pet was named the letters d-o-g.
Independent George
AG
Very excited for the fighting pits!

Wouldn't mind seeing some masters get dominated, maybe burned to a crisp.
Agustus Caesar
AG
Rhaegal in honor of Rhaegar
Viserion in honor of Viserys
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Also, I figured Drogon was in honor of Khal Drogo. No?
and
quote:
Rhaegal in honor of Rhaegar
Viserion in honor of Viserys
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
A few episodes back, Maester Aemon was telling Sam T. that he felt bad for Dany being alone, so far away and the last of his family. Immediately after he sad that, Jon Snow walks in. I'm just wondering if it was somehow forshadowing that maybe Jon is actually half Targaryen as previously suggested. We shall see I suppose.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jbanda
AG
I don't recall that shot in the episode. All 3 WW are there. There were 4 but Jon killed one. Thanks for posting.
Independent George
AG
I see no other way now than for him to be a Targaryn, nothing else makes sense now. Too many coincidences.

I heard that the next episode is something like, the dance of dragons? What is the name of episode 10?

zap
AG
Ep 10: Mother's Mercy
bkag9824
AG
Mother's Mercy
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.rsvlts.com/2015/06/03/got-locations-infographic/
mhayden
Did I make up that the show has implied a few different times that it wasn't necessarily a rape of Ned's sister and that she might have been in love?
powerbelly
AG
That is what I thought, but I couldn't remember why.
Squirrel Master
AG
quote:
Did I make up that the show has implied a few different times that it wasn't necessarily a rape of Ned's sister and that she might have been in love?

Pretty sure Littlefinger insinuated this to Sansa down in the Winterfell tombs this season. This was right in the stretch where they were foreshadowing heavily between this and all the Targarean lineage talk that there we should expect an unknown Targ at some point. Knowing of Jon's mysterious parentage, he's a logical guess.
easttexasaggie04
AG
The Debt
quote:

Robert was betrothed to Lyanna. Rheagar was married to Elia of Dorne (remember the giant and the snake? that was the brother of elia).

Robert loved lyanna, it's the only woman he truly loved, and he is under the impression lyanna was taken from him by rheagar. Ned may not have even known if it was consentual, if it was. The usurpers all believe it was an evil targaryen stealing away a maiden fair.
boy09
AG
quote:
quote:
Pretty sure Littlefinger insinuated this to Sansa down in the Winterfell tombs this season. This was right in the stretch where they were foreshadowing heavily between this and all the Targarean lineage talk that there we should expect an unknown Targ at some point. Knowing of Jon's mysterious parentage, he's a logical guess.
Barristan also had the conversation with Dany about Rhaegar, saying he never like killing, but instead loved singing. That he would disguise him self and sing in the streets of kings landing and give the money he made back to the needy. Leading us to believe that he wasn't such a bad guy after all, definitely not the ruthless killer some have made him out to be.
Scotch
AG
What if he was a great guy and poisoned/put under some spell to become "mad"?
powerbelly
AG
Rhaeghar wasn't the mad king, Aerys was.

Rhaeghar was Dany and Visery's brother.
Scotch
AG
Yikes, I know what I am doing this weekend. GOT marathon.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Rule #1: Never confuse Targareans!!!

Oh wait, Rule #1 is post pics. Sorry, carry on.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.