***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,233 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
FIDO95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Remember that Jamie is also motivated by his empty page in the Commander of kings guard book which was pointed out by joffery last season. Saving the princess will allow him to put in an entry and try to restore some honor. I think he had accepted cersri is gone.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sentinel
AG
All of the momentum is with the Starks but I feel that we will be thrown for a loop once the season finale comes around. It seems like GRRM's style.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I don't know if I'd be so quick to claim advantage Stark.

Sansa is in a tug-of-war between the three of the most despicable and dangerous men in Westrose.

Arya has basically sold herself in the slavery on the other side of the world.

Bran is way up north surrounded by white walkers with an old guy who literally has a tree growing through him as a mentor.

Rik is awol.

Jon's duty no longer lies at home and his mentor watched as the greatest dynasty Westros has ever seen, his family, was destroyed and stayed on the wall.
khaos288
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I was listening to a GoT podcast yesterday and it made a great point. The Starks are now in much better position than the Lannisters.

As Ol Jock mentioned, Jamie's life is in the crapper. Cersei is desperately clinging on to the little power she has left as Queen Mother, but it's a mirage that will quickly disappear now that Margaery outranks her. King Tommen is a Baratheon as far as anyone knows. And Tyrion is on his way to Mereen to ally himself with Danaerys.

In short, their power (and gold) is gone.

The Starks, on the other hand:

Sansa is a few moves away from being Wardeness of the North. Even if married to Ramsay, the North's true allegiance will lie with the last remaining Stark. Arya is becoming a faceless assassin that could potentially become "invisible" in Westeros. She could strategically kill whoever she needs to kill and reveal herself once it's safe to do so. Bran can warg into animals. He will warg into a dragon at some point, we all know this.

All the momentum is on the Starks' side. The only question is, who will they ally with once Stannis and Dany make their move.
You might could argue that Jon Snow could rally up the wildlings and the Knights Watch too, if needed.

Edit: Not sure who Jon Snow would ally with, if anyone, but he definitely as pull with those two groups..
Night's watch don't take part in wars. They're opn the side that guards the wall.
Doesn't mean anything if you have 100k wildling army.
khaos288
AG
quote:
I also wonder if it's a coincidence that the people who seem to hold power, a strategic position, or seem to be integral to where the story is going are: women, a crippled kid, an imp, a man from a poor family, and ******* children. Rather than the many noble men that are around.

I'm sure it is. Just found it interesting when I thought about it.
Stannis! He's lordy as crap, and still calling himself king
Natasha Romanoff
That's true. Though one can argue he seems to be influenced heavily by the Red Woman. I don't know about Stannis in terms of the big picture though. I'm not convinced he can go the distance.

And he technically is the rightful king. In fact, he's the only one that has a true claim to the Iron Throne.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
That's true. Though one can argue he seems to be influenced heavily by the Red Woman. I don't know about Stannis in terms of the big picture though. I'm not convinced he can go the distance.

And he technically is the rightful king. In fact, he's the only one that has a true claim to the Iron Throne.
Dany would like a word with you.
Natasha Romanoff
Her family lost the battle for the throne, and she ran for her life to the east. She has no more right to the throne at the moment than Tommen, in my mind. But that's just how I view the whole Targaryens getting beat part of the story. Dany has to win the throne back to have her claim (and therefore status as Queen of Westeros) restored.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:

Dany would like a word with you.

Women don't get a claim.
khaos288
AG
quote:

He's the best military commander left in Westeros, and has a capable mounted army. If he can gain some support in the north and take Winterfell. Then, give Winterfell to Sansa while expelling the Boltons. He'll have Robb Starks army, and his military experience.

Plus I like him.
Rocagnante
AG
There is one Red Preistess influencing Stannis, and another over in Essos preaching to the slaves about Dany the Dragon Queen that will free them.

So the Lord of Light religion is promoting two opposing armies that are moving towards war (eventually....hopefully!)
What are they up to?
COOL LASER FALCON
I think Melisandre (Staniss's priestess) will eventually turn on him and support Dany. The fire thing just complements that religion too well. And really the only way for Dany to come in and take over the Iron Throne is for Stannis to keep fighting with the Lannisters. So I think that's why she's supporting Stannis at the moment.
Stive
AG
Nah, Red Priestess will kill Stannis' wife and then the two Red women will set up a blind date between Dany and Stannis.

Done deal.
Ser Pounce
quote:
Nah, Red Priestess will kill Stannis' wife and then the two Red women will set up a blind date between Dany and Stannis.

Done deal.

I'd like to see Dany and Melisandre hook up, if you know what I mean!

Me-owww!
mattvswild
AG
I'm not convinced Stannis is it. In the last episode, when Stannis asked Mel what she wanted to do she said, "To serve my lord," or some such thing. She was looking at John Snow when she said it, and in the next scene she tried to get to know John a bit better.

Not a book reader, so I could be way off, but that scripting seemed too intentional. I think it's Stannis out, Snow in sometime soon.
khaos288
AG
quote:
I'm not convinced Stannis is it. In the last episode, when Stannis asked Mel what she wanted to do she said, "To serve my lord," or some such thing. She was looking at John Snow when she said it, and in the next scene she tried to get to know John a bit better.

Not a book reader, so I could be way off, but that scripting seemed too intentional. I think it's Stannis out, Snow in sometime soon.
Good catch. I didn't see that part. I just know that right now Stannis has the birthright, a powerful army, and the backing of the iron bank. If Melisandre abandons him though, that'll do him in.
Trident 88
AG
Stannis may take the north, Westeros, etc. before he's done, but there's no damn way that Martin is dumb enough to leave him in charge in the end. He's just not someone that the majority of readers would ever root for, and good books need satisfying endings.
khaos288
AG
quote:
Stannis may take the north, Westeros, etc. before he's done, but there's no damn way that Martin is dumb enough to leave him in charge in the end. He's just not someone that the majority of readers would ever root for, and good books need satisfying endings.
Yeah, it wouldn't be much of a thrilling ending. Dany needs to take her dragons, team up with Jon/Bran, and save the realm from white walkers and the Knights King. Then, she/they? can go on to be rulers.
jbanda
AG
Also, if stannis won, how long until Mel has him burning everyone who doesn't convert over to the red God religion?
InternetFan02
AG
Dany's claim to the Iron Throne: last remaining child of the Targaryen dynasty that reigned for 200 years

Stannis' claim to the Iron Throne: oldest sibling of King Robert Baratheon who had no legitimate children. Baratheon overthrew the Targaryen Mad King who attempted to burn King's Landing to the ground in his final act (according to Jamie Lannister).

Tie-breaker? Ser Barristan Selmy *chose* to go serve Dany, right? He was known as an honorable and loyal member of the Kingsguard. He served the Targaryens and Baratheon. When Joffrey had him exiled him he chose Dany, not Stannnis.
khaos288
AG
quote:
Dany's claim to the Iron Throne: last remaining child of the Targaryen dynasty that reigned for 200 years

Stannis' claim to the Iron Throne: oldest sibling of King Robert Baratheon who had no legitimate children. Baratheon overthrew the Targaryen Mad King who attempted to burn King's Landing to the ground in his final act (according to Jamie Lannister).

Tie-breaker? Ser Barristan Selmy *chose* to go serve Dany, right? He was known as an honorable and loyal member of the Kingsguard. He served the Targaryens and Baratheon. When Joffrey had him exiled him he chose Dany, not Stannnis.

I think barristen got exiled from westeros. ..
Ol Jock 99
AG
Self imposed. Cersei was going to give him a little castle.
khaos288
AG
quote:

Ah gotcha. Been awhile since I watched the beginning. Thanks.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
quote:

Ah gotcha. Been awhile since I watched the beginning. Thanks.

Me too...damn, I need to start from the beginning again at some point.
Natasha Romanoff
Im not saying the way I think is correct. I just think of it in terms of real world overthrows of a ruling family - whoever won the war won the crown. Dany will need to win her own war to win it back.
bkag9824
AG
Trying to figure out the importance of that dime piece Red Witch saying "you know nothing Jon Snow" a la that other dime piece Wildling Ygritte.

Lucky *******.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Her family lost the battle for the throne, and she ran for her life to the east. She has no more right to the throne at the moment than Tommen, in my mind. But that's just how I view the whole Targaryens getting beat part of the story. Dany has to win the throne back to have her claim (and therefore status as Queen of Westeros) restored.
This, plus she is an insufferable ***** that I wish would be roasted to death by one of her dragons.

Entitled brat who has a naive worldview.
SeattleAgJr
quote:

So?

Irrelevant.

The lords of Westeros went with the Baratheon line.

**** the Targs.

redline248
AG
I like reading the posts about Dany. It follows the same cycle as every season progresses:

Dany is dumb
Dany is dumb
Dany does dumb shht
Dany does dumb shht
DANY IS AWESOME!!
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
This, plus she is an insufferable ***** that I wish would be roasted to death by one of her dragons.

The Debt
quote:
quote:
quote:

At least viserys (golden crown) had the weight of a thousand year dynasty on his conscious. Dany is all like "I'm gonna free slaves and screw mercenaries, let's all take a smoke break while insurgents rape my armies."
redline248
AG
Yeah, Viserys might have been too crazy to lead, but after the first son of the harpy killed one if his soldiers he'd have murdered the whole town.
The Debt
quote:
Yeah, Viserys might have been too crazy to lead, but after the first son of the harpy killed one if his soldiers he'd have murdered the whole town.

And that's really we should hope to see in a targaryen. I have this feeling (hope) that grrm just says "whoops" and Dany slips on a carpet and breaks her neck (a la breaking bad). "Dumb btch was ned stark with a better hand of cards"
SeattleAgJr
quote:
I like reading the posts about Dany. It follows the same cycle as every season progresses:

Dany is dumb
Dany is dumb
Dany does dumb shht
Dany does dumb shht
DANY IS AWESOME!!
Dany is never awesome.

Except when she got naked during the first season.

Otherwise... not awesome.
redline248
AG
Not even when she lit that witch on fire and hatched 3 dragons? Or when she double crossed the slavers that sold her the Unsullied?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.