***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,272 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Texas Tide
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That guy got me too! Like what trauma must that man have seen in his past life that an ice-monster led zombie massacre involving giants and a frozen king isn't even worth a glance over the shoulder?
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
That guy got me too! Like what trauma must that man have seen in his past life that an ice-monster led zombie massacre involving giants and a frozen king isn't even worth a glance over the shoulder?

I was the same way watching 77-0.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
The rudder-man on Jon's boat. I thought he had to be a wight the first time. But he wasn't. So why on earth didn't he move? Was he a camera disguised as a person? Seriously confused.

My guess:
The director's sister is a nag who wanted her precious boy to be on TV. The director doesn't like his worthless nephew, but he gave in and let him sit in the boat. All he had to do was look back at the shore with a frightened look on his face, but he kept ruining take after take - looking directly at the camera, shouting "Oh my God" when he wasn't supposed to speak, etc.

The other actors got pissed off, so the director put a hooded cloak on his nephew, told him to stfu, and threatened to throw him off the set if he even moved.
zap
AG
quote:
quote:
The rudder-man on Jon's boat. I thought he had to be a wight the first time. But he wasn't. So why on earth didn't he move? Was he a camera disguised as a person? Seriously confused.

My guess:
The director's sister is a nag who wanted her precious boy to be on TV. The director doesn't like his worthless nephew, but he gave in and let him sit in the boat. All he had to do was look back at the shore with a frightened look on his face, but he kept ruining take after take - looking directly at the camera, shouting "Oh my God" when he wasn't supposed to speak, etc.

The other actors got pissed off, so the director put a hooded cloak on his nephew, told him to stfu, and threatened to throw him off the set if he even moved.
LMAO
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Best episode of the year and no sex, no rape, not even any nudity, that I can recall.

I know. Think how great it could have been with a little rape and a lot of tits
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:
Best episode of the year and no sex, no rape, not even any nudity, that I can recall.

I think it's funny that because of GOT, we now measure how much rape was there, instead of whether or not it was rape.
tmaggie50
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think it's funny that because of GOT, we now measure how rape was there, instead of whether or not it was rape.
I dont think I ever heard her say no...
AngryHorn
quote:
quote:
Think they lost viewers over the half-way rape scene?

Maybe I live in a bubble but I find that hard to believe.
The blogosphere was nuts. Everyone from hyper liberal feminist politician to Matt Welch were calling for folks to stop watching. Who knows how many did, but I'm sure there was an impact.
Funny thing, I don't remember the same level of outrage when Ramsey was torturing Theon for what seemed like half a season.
TLS11
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm wondering if at some point Jon has to face off against his Uncle Benjen as a wight.

Talk about a crazy cameo if that happens. Will anyone recognize him from season 1?

What would be crazier is if he shows back up as a white walker. Instead of killing him they captured him and the walker king turned him like that baby last season or season before.
I was thinking Jon would recognize that guy he killed as his uncle or something. I have been expecting Benjen to be one of those intense hybrid guys since they first showed them with the baby a few seasons back.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

The blogosphere was nuts. Everyone from hyper liberal feminist politician to Matt Welch were calling for folks to stop watching. Who knows how many did, but I'm sure there was an impact.
Funny thing, I don't remember the same level of outrage when Ramsey was torturing Theon for what seemed like half a season.
That's because f_ck Theon, that's why.
AngryHorn
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

While I agree with your sentiment, I still think it's a pretty glaring double standard. It probably has something to do with white male privilege or some such bullchit.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

While I agree with your sentiment, I still think it's a pretty glaring double standard. It probably has something to do with white male privilege or some such bullchit.

Stive
AG
The reason behind it is much more simple than that: humans are stupid.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If Robb Stark had been taken hostage by Walder Frey, thrown on the floor, and viciously sexually assaulted by his men, I bet there would've been some outrage.
Squirrel Master
AG
The reason people choose this time to be outraged is because it wasn't until there was a video of Ray Rice punching a woman before society decided it really really cared about domestic violence and wouldn't tolerate it.
Stive
AG
quote:
The reason people choose this time to be outraged is because it wasn't until there was a video of Ray Rice punching a woman before society decided it really really cared about domestic violence and wouldn't tolerate it.
And by and far society still doesn't care that much unless they see it on video AND it's a superstar doing it.

tmaggie50
AG
quote:
If Robb Stark had been taken hostage by Walder Frey, thrown on the floor, and viciously sexually assaulted by his men, I bet there would've been some outrage.
I actually think we wouldn't hear a single word. I even think some people would give pause before posting about it because they dont want to get anywhere near the topic of gay sex.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Am I the only one who gets bummed when they open TexAgs and see that the GOT thread doesn't have any new posts?
LHIOB
AG
Bill Burr has a great bit about this. John Bobbitt gets his D cut off and the nation make jokes. If some guy cut a girls T off there would an insane amount of outrage.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Where will 9 and 10 finish?

I was reading that apparently HBO Now views aren't counted towards ratings. That could possibly be affecting the numbers this season.
Duncan Idaho
Yeah airing of episode 7 on memorial day weekend had zero effect of the initial viewer numbers. /eyeroll.

The chart says those are initial airing views. If the Sansa rape turned people off, you would expect this week's initial airing numbers to be low with the wave of views coming after word of mouth got out about the episode.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think Cersei being locked up was more of a factor than Memorial Day. People have been waiting 5 seasons for it. Also Tyrion and Dany finally meeting.

And after Hardhome, plus the fact that episode 9 is infamously the "biggest" episode each season, I expect the next episode to break the series high.
Rocagnante
AG
I like the jump in viewers after Season 2 Ep 9. That was Battle of Blackwater Bay. What a great episode!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yep, one of my favorites.

The episode 9's we've gotten have been absolutely insane.

Stive
AG
The spike in viewers after the Red Wedding was pretty impressive!
tmaggie50
AG
Does that only capture data for people who are watching it live? what about people who record it? or watch it on hob go instead?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think it's live + same day, so pretty sure DVR gets counted too. Not sure about HBO Go, but I assume so since it's an extension of the cable subscriptions.
Agustus Caesar
AG
ill predict they hit the series high again at 8 million for ep. 9.
basically, they went and redeemed themselves with a top 5 series episode, and i bet they reel all 8 million back in from the epidode 1 premier.
if what i think happens, happens in ep. 9, the finale will be the highest rated for the series, somewhere north of 8.5 million.
Agustus Caesar
AG
and the internet will still break at approximately 8:58 CST, Sunday, June 14.
Rocagnante
AG
I'm re watching the series on my smartphone with stereo headphones. That wildfire expolsion sounded awesome!
chipotle
Re watched episode. Had no clue what "the long night" was. Looked it up online...damn. Or the whole WW vs whites(sp?). I thought every winter this ***t went down. Guess I need to re watch all this over again.
redline248
AG
Have they even called the controlled undead wights in the show?
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
curious about this as well\
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
I don't think so. Only place I've seen it was on Game of Thrones Wiki. I'm not sure how you'd know how to spell it that way either.
JJxvi
AG
You'd know how to spell it just by knowing the word, which is a pretty standard fantasy type creature, even included in Tolkien and Shakespeare.

I don't remember it being used in the show.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.