***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,305 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
zgood10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Holy crap, Syrio is dead
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah, that Trant MIGHT have killed him and that's why he's on Arya's list.
FIFY.

This is one off screen death that I'm not really sure happened. I think he is alive and well. Though it is a long play since that was from Season 1 and hasn't been mentioned since then.

Stannis though... he gone.
I think he is dead...but it would have been nice if Arya would have gotten some confession/acknowledgement from Meryn before finishing him off. Like the way Stannis confirmed to Brienne that he had Renly killed.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
Yeah, that Trant MIGHT have killed him and that's why he's on Arya's list.
FIFY.

This is one off screen death that I'm not really sure happened. I think he is alive and well. Though it is a long play since that was from Season 1 and hasn't been mentioned since then.

Stannis though... he gone.

Jesus this isn't arrested development. He dead
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
Dead stannis? Yes. Gone? No. Book a wight stannis.
I hope Stannis becomes a wight leader. They will be obliterated in no time.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Nah. Not saying I'm for sure that he's alive, but I believe there is a decent chance.

See the hound mentioning something about how the best swordsman in Bravos wouldn't get killed by ****ing Meryn Trant.

Squirrel Master
AG
The idea that a minor character from Season 1 is still secretly alive 5 seasons later and will eventually reveal himself and be important is an impressively far flung idea that I can't believe someone actually believes.

I still think we haven't seen the last of the Hound, though him being absent an entire season makes this a lot less likely I fear. It just seemed so odd that we specifically saw him NOT killed, only to have him supposedly bleed out and die with no further mention.
Rudyjax
AG
I dont know what is wrong with you people.

Stannis: dead
sansa: dead
Reedk: dead
John : dead
Arya: blind

And that is how it is until they tell us otherwise.

And seriously, who else could that be other than the mountain??
G Martin 87
AG
Show review: Qyburn took custody of The Mountain's dying body after the trial by combat with Oberyn. Cersei gave permission to Qyburn to do whatever was necessary to save him. Qyburn took all of Season 5 to turn The Mountain into a reanimated "zombie" version.

Re: Syrio, GRRM has expressed surprise in interviews that anyone thinks Syrio could still be alive. That's the biggest indicator that Syrio is dead.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

Re: Syrio, GRRM has expressed surprise in interviews that anyone thinks Syrio could still be alive. That's the biggest indicator that Syrio is dead.

Add in the fact that the guy he went up against is still alive. I am as surprised as grrm
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
sansa: dead
Reedk: dead
Nah, their fates are definitely up in the air.
Stive
AG
Arya yelled at Trant about Syrio Ferrell. She said something like "Remember Syrio Ferrell? You probably don't even know who he is" or something of that nature.

That's why they showed that old clip.

The Hound laughing about him getting killed by Meryn F****** Trant was more a shot at her teacher than it was a hint that Syrio might still be alive.
mhayden
People are really questioning if that is The Hound and not Zombie Mountain?

Come on people.
Sentinel
AG
GRRM is messing with our heads. Wake up sheeple!
30_Days
AG
quote:

Come on people.

did I miss something? Is "zombie mountain" a thing that has been hinted at previously in the season?
Objective Aggie
AG
Here is the wiki page on Meryn Trant.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Meryn_Trant

In retrospect, he was one of the worst possible guys on GoT.

That said, there are "bad" characters who are portrayed extremely well. Like Joffrey. Or Cersei. To some degree Dany's brother. Tywin Lannister. etc.

Meryn Trant was pretty bland guy who did terrible things, but had no memorable lines and was somewhat forgettable except for his always being around when bad things happened.

Stive
AG
quote:
quote:

Come on people.

did I miss something? Is "zombie mountain" a thing that has been hinted at previously in the season?

Last season and THIS season.

With a show this big and this detailed, sometimes I wonder how some of you even enjoy it when it's obvious that attention isn't being paid.
Agustus Caesar
AG
Feet upon feet of snow around winterfell castle.
LOL starts melting **** for stannis, er, the real Azor Ahai - softens snow.
Reek/Sansa likely still alive
30_Days
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Come on people.

Last season and THIS season.

With a show this big and this detailed, sometimes I wonder how some of you even enjoy it when it's obvious that attention isn't being paid.
after consulting the wiki i'm 100% sure now. I hadn't made any of those connections. definitely zombie mountain

looking forward to many crushed sparrow skulls next season
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
chipotle
For a second during the finale I thought they might pull the "Varys is just a figment of Tyrion's imagination" card.
The Dog Lord
AG
Watch the recap of Syrio Forel...he had an effing wooden practice sword that Meryn Trant sliced in two. The best swordsman can easily be defeated by a Kingsguard knight in armor (even one like Meryn Trant) if he doesn't have a sword.
Rudyjax
AG
Right. I am confused as to why anyone would wonder differently.

Poor Arya.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
He could have stolen a sword from one of the 5 Kings Guard he knocked out.

Seriously, it's far fetched... but it's not THAT far fetched. Just a little more crazy than it being accepted as fact that Jon Snow will be resurrected by Mel and the Lord of Light.
reb,
AG
quote:

Seriously, it's far fetched... but it's not THAT far fetched. Just a little more crazy than it being accepted as fact that Jon Snow will be resurrected by Mel and the Lord of Light.
bless your lil heart, i think you have a crush.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I yield.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:

Read my post on the subject of John Snow. He is dead until they show me otherwise.
reb,
AG
quote:
quote:

Read my post on the subject of John Snow. He is dead until they show me otherwise.
Yup. He's dead. Dead is dead. Dead as a doornail. Assuming room temperature.

Until he gets brought back. In which case he will be alive.
Stive
AG
I think the people holding on to the dead people in this thing are chasing rabbits.

Show me one person that they "resurrected" a season later....or 2 seasons later....or 3 seasons later.... They haven't show us any "SURPRISE" moments like that. The Mountain got poisoned, but literally the next episode, the Maester is telling Cersei that he thinks he may be able to save him. The guy that the Hound cut open that was brought back to life, was brought back to life 5 minutes later in the same episode. There haven't been any out of the blue, call back type moments of people you saw die on the show (or even alluded to being dead) that 3 seasons later, and on the other side of the world, they pop up and say "See.....they didn't really kill me!!!"

The only one that I've waffled on with this is the Blackfish (Cat's uncle) who they made a pretty obvious show of sending him out of the room before the massacre went down.

But this crud about the Hound, Stannis, Syrio, etc., to me, is reaching beyond reaching.

Edit to add: I'm holding my thoughts on Jon for now. My theory above could still stand if next season in episode one the Red Witch runs over to him and brings him back to life (next episode, same day in the timeline).
COOL LASER FALCON
I completely agree. I have no idea where this "if they don't show the death on screen, don't trust it" line of thinking comes from. It's certainly something I could see them doing at some point, but until they do, I'm not going to consider it a possibility.

Jon is dead. Whether or not he gets brought back is another question.
COOL LASER FALCON
And as far as the Blackfish, in the episode after the Red Wedding, Bolton or Fray says that he escaped.
30_Days
AG
quote:
I completely agree. I have no idea where this "if they don't show the death on screen, don't trust it" line of thinking comes from. It's certainly something I could see them doing at some point, but until they do, I'm not going to consider it a possibility.

Jon is dead. Whether or not he gets brought back is another question.
seriously? It's been pretty much a staple of episodic television from the beginning.
Agustus Caesar
AG
he and gendry will wreck ****
Stive
AG
A part of this series?

Ramrod
AG
When a major character dies, they've made it a point to let us know that person is dead.
  • We see Ned's head on a spike
  • We see Rob's body with a wolf head sewn on
  • Joffrey, Tywin, and Ser Barristan all were laying with rocks over their eyes for the ceremonial burial.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.