***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,266 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
zap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh, sorry I missed that. The pic wasn't showing up for me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If he turns Cersei in he turns himself in too. I would assume they don't look too kindly on sparrows involved in incest.
TX AG 88
AG
Right, Right, Right
zap
AG
It was his pre-Sparrow life. He gets a pass.
Natasha Romanoff
quote:
If he turns Cersei in he turns himself in too. I would assume they don't look too kindly on sparrows involved in incest.
I dunno. They may view him repentant since he's all Sparrow like now.
Stive
AG
quote:
quote:
I dunno. They may view him repentant since he's all Sparrow like now.

That's kind of how I thought it might play out.
Squirrel Master
AG
I've been thinking all of this would backfire on Cersei, she's just not Tywin as much as she tries to be and thinks she is. That seems like the most logical way she'll lose on this.

Though she knows he's in in the sparrows... they had a conversation in the first episode. Shouldn't that happening be an obvious risk to her? Maybe she's just too desperate for allies in KL that she's making her bed with the Sparrows without considering it/willing to risk it.
twenty two ags
of course it is going to backfire on her, religious fundamentalists are cultish brainwashed nutjobs. that is true in westeros just like it is true on earth.
zap
AG
"Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds."

This was part of the prophecy Cersei heard as a child. I believe in her lust for power, she is further endangering her children. By enlisting the help of the Sparrows, she has set the dominoes in motion.
Stive
AG
quote:
"Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds."

What is that from?
Ol Jock 99
AG
The witch when Cersei was a little girl. Talking about Cersei's kids.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cersei's downfall will be Grandma Tyrell's doing. She's basically Cersei with 30 more years experience.
Stive
AG
quote:
Cersei's downfall will be Grandma Tyrell's doing. She's basically Cersei with 30 more years experience.

If Grandma Tyrell brings down Cersei, and in doing so affects Tommen, then she has to be careful because it will pull her granddaughter away from her role as queen.

Not saying she couldn't do it and just nuke Cersei, but she has to be careful.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Do we think Jamie is legitimately that angry at Tyrion and would kill him if he sees him again? Or was he playing that up for Bronn?
TX_AG_10
AG
I'm pretty sure he was playing that up for Bronn. He was lying out his arse the whole time on that boat.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
quote:
Do we think Jamie is legitimately that angry at Tyrion and would kill him if he sees him again? Or was he playing that up for Bronn?
I was wondering the same thing yesterday and had forgotten about it. Jamie has gone back into dick mode. Why does Jamie have to go to Dorne to get his "niece"?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What else did Jaime say? I can't remember the whole convo.
Sentinel
AG
When Jaime released Tyrion did he know he was going to kill Tywin?
TX_AG_10
AG
He has to get to her before the Dornish use her as bait. Oberin's wife already wants to send pieces of her back to Cersei..
COOL LASER FALCON
I think Jaime is trying to convince himself more than anything else.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh, come to think of it he's distancing himself from Tyrion because it can't be known he freed him and not Varys.

And no, I doubt he knew he'd kill Tywin, but I seriously doubt he was that upset about it.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
quote:
He has to get to her before the Dornish use her as bait. Oberin's wife already wants to send pieces of her back to Cersei..
I understand that but he told Bronn that it HAS to be him, not anyone else. Why? Because they can't start a war. That is the only reason I could think of but I still don't understand why it has to be him and not someone else that is not recognizable and could sneak in and sneak out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm fairly sure the biggest reason he went is to get back in Cersei's good graces. At the end of the day, he really only cares about her and Tyrion.
TX_AG_10
AG
quote:
quote:
I understand that but he told Bronn that it HAS to be him, not anyone else. Why? Because they can't start a war. That is the only reason I could think of but I still don't understand why it has to be him and not someone else that is not recognizable and could sneak in and sneak out.
Yeah i think primarily the WAR thing, but also because he wants to impress/make up to Cersei since he wasn't there to protect Joffrey.
Natasha Romanoff
Because she's his daughter. And probably because he feels like Cersei will get over Tyrion escaping and "love" him again if he makes her happy by bringing Myrcella back. At least that's what I thought. Excuse the terrible grammar.
Natasha Romanoff
Ah. Yeah. Forgot about Joffrey. That too.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

I don't think he was lying at all
Stive
AG
quote:
I'm fairly sure the biggest reason he went is to get back in Cersei's good graces. At the end of the day, he really only cares about her and Tyrion.

This is what I'm thinking.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Jamie is just lost right now. His little brother may not have killed his son, but did kill his father (with whom Jamie had a complicated relationship). His sister/**** has rejected him. His eldest son is dead. His daughter is a captive with people who hate his family. His only friend in the world is a sellsword. And his sword hand is gone.

He's trying to peace together his life again and the only way he can figure to do that is by rescuing his daughter.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I was listening to a GoT podcast yesterday and it made a great point. The Starks are now in much better position than the Lannisters.

As Ol Jock mentioned, Jamie's life is in the crapper. Cersei is desperately clinging on to the little power she has left as Queen Mother, but it's a mirage that will quickly disappear now that Margaery outranks her. King Tommen is a Baratheon as far as anyone knows. And Tyrion is on his way to Mereen to ally himself with Danaerys.

In short, their power (and gold) is gone.

The Starks, on the other hand:

Sansa is a few moves away from being Wardeness of the North. Even if married to Ramsay, the North's true allegiance will lie with the last remaining Stark. Arya is becoming a faceless assassin that could potentially become "invisible" in Westeros. She could strategically kill whoever she needs to kill and reveal herself once it's safe to do so. Bran can warg into animals. He will warg into a dragon at some point, we all know this.

All the momentum is on the Starks' side. The only question is, who will they ally with once Stannis and Dany make their move.
khaos288
AG
quote:
I was listening to a GoT podcast yesterday and it made a great point. The Starks are now in much better position than the Lannisters.

As Ol Jock mentioned, Jamie's life is in the crapper. Cersei is desperately clinging on to the little power she has left as Queen Mother, but it's a mirage that will quickly disappear now that Margaery outranks her. King Tommen is a Baratheon as far as anyone knows. And Tyrion is on his way to Mereen to ally himself with Danaerys.

Sansa is a few moves away from being Wardeness of the North. Even if married to Ramsay, the North's true allegiance will lie with the last remaining Stark. Arya is becoming a faceless assassin that could potentially become "invisible" in Westeros. She could strategically kill whoever she needs to kill and reveal herself once it's safe to do so. Bran can warg into animals. He will warg into a dragon at some point, we all know this.

All the momentum is on the Starks' side. The only question is, who will they ally with once Stannis and Dany make their move.

Don't forget Jon being the lord commander of the nights watch, and looking like he owns the loyalty of the wildlings.
TX_AG_10
AG
quote:

You might could argue that Jon Snow could rally up the wildlings and the Knights Watch too, if needed.

Edit: Not sure who Jon Snow would ally with, if anyone, but he definitely as pull with those two groups..
TX_AG_10
AG
Khaos know what I'm talmbout!
Natasha Romanoff
I also wonder if it's a coincidence that the people who seem to hold power, a strategic position, or seem to be integral to where the story is going are: women, a crippled kid, an imp, a man from a poor family, and ******* children. Rather than the many noble men that are around.

I'm sure it is. Just found it interesting when I thought about it.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:

You might could argue that Jon Snow could rally up the wildlings and the Knights Watch too, if needed.

Edit: Not sure who Jon Snow would ally with, if anyone, but he definitely as pull with those two groups..
Night's watch don't take part in wars. They're opn the side that guards the wall.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.