***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,310 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Ramrod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I thought Melisandre's face looked a bit worried/anxious in the promo for Episode 9. Seemed like she was looking into some flames and didn't like what she saw.

She's at 0:20 in this clip: Episode 9 Promo

Could be. But it would seem that based on Ramsay wanting "20 good men" that he probably plans to run some covert night raid in Stannis' camp in an attempt to kill Stannis; could be her turning her head towards the sound of a fight going on.
4th and Inches
AG
ok so who is armed with a valeryan steel sword?

Jon Snow
Brienne
Jamie Lanniester?
Tommen?

i kinda lost track. But those are the big dicks right now hahha
HtownAg92
AG
Jamie gave his to Brienne.

There is a dagger out there somewhere too. Can't recall what happened to it once it got to KL.
Not_Sure
AG
Jaime gave his sword to Brienne.

I suppose Tommen now has Joffrey's sword, but I don't think we've seen it.

Not 100% sure, but wasn't it mentioned that the dagger that was used to try to attack Bran was Valyrian steel? Littlefinger claimed it was his, but lost it to Tyrion in a bet, and that's why Cat captured Tyrion. I wanna say that it was Valyrian, because that's how Cat was able to find it's owner so quickly since it was rare. Who has this dagger now? Littlefinger? Not that a dagger would help much in a battle...
redline248
AG
No idea who has it, but all the dragonglass blades are daggers.
boy09
AG
quote:
ok so who is armed with a valeryan steel sword?

Jon Snow
Brienne
Jamie Lanniester?
Tommen?

i kinda lost track. But those are the big dicks right now hahha
It was discussed a few pages back, page 49-50ish. Somewhere in there.

Jon Snow - Longclaw
Brienne - Oathkeeper
Tommen (from Joffrey) - Widow's Wail
Independent George
AG
Obviously this whole thing with Ollie is going one of two ways.

Either he is the one to betray Jon and do something stupid or he is the one that helps Jon while everyone else turns against him.

I feel the second scenario more likely since it's the less obvious one and they have been trying too hard to make it seem like Ollie will try to kill him.
zap
AG
Wonder what the ratio of white walkers to wights is? 5:5000?

Seems like you need a two pronged defense to defeat them. Dragonfire to eliminate the wight horde and dragonglass or v-steel to defeat the WWs.

The Valyrian steel weapons are cool, but their just isn't enough of it to make a significant impact. I think Stannis alluded in previous episodes that Dragonstone is rich in dragonglass.

Scotch
AG
I think Sam's answer about leadership resonated with Ollie. I think clues point to him being on Jon's side.
mm98
AG
Isn't Arya's Needle also Valeryn steel?
bkag9824
AG
Don't think so - think just a run of the mill blacksmith in Winterfell made it?
mm98
AG
quote:
Don't think so - think just a run of the mill blacksmith in Winterfell made it?

I honestly can't recall. I thought there was some story behind it when it was given to her but you're prob right.
Scotch
AG
Ned's old sword, Tywin made that into two swords, right? Where are they?
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Ned's old sword, Tywin made that into two swords, right? Where are they?

Brienne has one - Oath Keeper
Tommen has one (from Joffrey) - Widow's Wail
bkag9824
AG
One was given to Jaime who then gave it to Brienne (Oathkeeper) and one to Joffrey. Don't think it's been shown where Joffrey's went, but could assume it went to Tommen?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
The song of Ice and Fire is Jon Snow.
Anyone who says they deduced this theory ONLY from watching the show is full of ****.
I've never read the books.
Scotch
AG
Dang, didn't realize that episode was so long ago.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
Obviously this whole thing with Ollie is going one of two ways.

Either he is the one to betray Jon and do something stupid or he is the one that helps Jon while everyone else turns against him.

I feel the second scenario more likely since it's the less obvious one and they have been trying too hard to make it seem like Ollie will try to kill him.
I do believe Jon Snow will have a pretty good case when folks come back saying "the white walkers are coming and boy are they pissed"

I realize Ollie could stir up trouble but I can't imagine anyone not endorsing bringing the freefolk down as additional help. Much the same way Tyrion used the hill people by his side in battle in season 2 (I think?).

I is hard to make a case that Jon Snow was wrong. Everything he predicted came true. Rival or not, you need the freefolk in battle against the supernatural.

Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
What if that's not the case? Against traditional armies and fortified castles, yes dragons have proven their worth in the past. But against a vast (and exponentially growing) horde of the undead...not so sure. May be too many, too spread out for 3 dragons to take em out before they slaughter everyone.

Now the bigger question is how you would train the dragons to only kill wights and white walkers and leave the people alone. As Saul would say, dragons are the nuclear option. Not sure how they don't just burn the whole place down.
COOL LASER FALCON
Just some random non-WW thoughts:

I think Arya is going to bail on Jaqen and the Many-Faced God sometime in the next two weeks. I think she's going to come across Ser Meryn while she's trying to run her game on the insurance dude and will have to make a choice.

Sansa is definitely going to tell LittleFinger about her brothers, right? How is he going to respond to that? That might tell us what he's really up to. I think he'll send people out to look for them, but is he going to just use them as capital to negotiate with the Lannisters or the Boltons?

At this point, I'll be upset if Ollie tries to kill or betray Jon. It's almost like Cersei getting locked up by the Faith Militant. We all saw it coming from miles away. Hopefully this stuff with Ollie is misdirection.

Excited to see how things go down with Ramsay and Stannis because I could see that turning out any way. On one hand, Ramsay is essentially the only villain they have on the show right now and him getting killed by Stannis or Davos would be the least gratifying way possible for him to die. On the other hand, I think we know his ruthlessness is going to be his downfall and this would be a pretty reasonable way for that to go down.
Rocagnante
AG
They'd have to jump on them pretty quick to avoid burning down the whole country. That army is going to grow fast if they get past the wall. Women and children wights are still weapons.

redline248
AG
They already know how to not kill what Dany doesn't want them to kill (Drogon doing what the F he wants aside). They burned Astapor and the former masters of the Unsullied without killing any Unsullied or members of Dany's group. They only killed that one guy in the tunnel she gave to them, and I'm certain their fire could reach everyone in that chamber.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Sansa is definitely going to tell LittleFinger about her brothers, right? How is he going to respond to that? That might tell us what he's really up to. I think he'll send people out to look for them, but is he going to just use them as capital to negotiate with the Lannisters or the Boltons?
I think she'll task Brienne with finding them. Luckily she has valyrian steel and should be able to hold her own should she run into any trouble of the undead kind.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Filming location for Casterly Rock for Season 6. *****cola, Spain.

redline248
AG
Sweet
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here's the full album.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Stolen from Reddit...

Gendry finally hits land...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Greatness. Also this.

ChipFTAC01
AG
pensacola is too Spanish looking, and therefore too Dornish looking. I think something mroe French would work.

I found this in Jersey.

The scale is right, but it doesn't convey the right wealth.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
pensacola is too Spanish looking, and therefore too Dornish looking. I think something mroe French would work.

I found this in Jersey.

The scale is right, but it doesn't convey the right wealth.

That's pretty awesome looking. Whatever they go with they'll CGI the hell out of it anyway.
zgood10
AG
P****cola
boy09
AG
quote:
Whatever they go with they'll CGI the hell out of it anyway.
That's what I was thinking. I thought this shot of *****cola looked pretty sweet and not-all-that Spanish. With some CGI magic it should look awesome.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Going through and watching the old episodes... The Assassin that the Lannisters sent to kill Brann in the 2nd episode had a Valeryian Steel dagger. I'm not sure where it ends up though.
khaos288
AG
quote:
Going through and watching the old episodes... The Assassin that the Lannisters sent to kill Brann in the 2nd episode had a Valeryian Steel dagger. I'm not sure where it ends up though.
LF ends up with it again at some point
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
I think she'll task Brienne with finding them. Luckily she has valyrian steel and should be able to hold her own should she run into any trouble of the undead kind.

I predict he will rape one and kill the other

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.