***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,257 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Rocagnante
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's what I've enjoyed about re-watching the series. You pick up on little things that flew right by you first pass.
Scotch
AG
If it was an observation from a show only watcher who was rewatching old shows, no issue at all. A book reader pointing out something raises my antenna. "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get me" type of situation.
The Debt
But that's just it. Nothing I mentioned is a comparison or "may" be book material. Not until someone said "he a book reader!! Burn him! Omg he is talking about things I don't remember!" did I have to defend what I said.

The tv show gives more insight into varys (ya know the topic we were discussing) than 5 volumes of text. Why is it that discussing illyrio and Varys is taboo?

The first 3 scenes we have with dany they are with this pentoshi dude, who gives her dragons, then he travels to KL and Arya hears him and Varys in the dungeons, then 4 seasons later Tyrions crate opens in this dudes mansion and Varys is praising him. For a tertiary character, he is super important to the plot and obviously he has an unrevealed motive. As does his co conspirator varys.
AgLaw02
AG
quote:
obviously he has an unrevealed motive.
Varys' motive was hinted at in earlier seasons, but it has been fully revealed this season. He supports the Targarian dynasty over the Baratheons.
jbanda
AG
Watched Return of the King today for the first time since before season 1 of GoT. Seems like such a kids movie now given the lack of graphic violence, nudity and rape.
El Chupacabra
redline248
AG
Did they have chicks dressed up like Daenerys Stormborn serving it?
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Did they have chicks dressed up like Daenerys Stormborn serving it?
In a seatless dress, no less?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Benjen is in the 'previously on' for the finale.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Benjen is in the 'previously on' for the finale.

I'm skeptical of this being out the night before.
redline248
AG
Also skeptical. Has 'previously on' ever been 2 mins long?
Stive
AG
The 2 minutes long thing seems long, and so do the individual clips. They're usually not as long as they were in this one.....
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Technically it's a good previously-on recap, showing clips from previous episodes... but I doubt it's the official one... Seems like it's taking a stab at a leading the viewers into theoretical future plotlines; which are just guesses and probably not what is going to be shown in the finale.
Duncan Idaho
Yeah that fake
Kashchei
AG
My bold prediction for tonight: Cersei is executed.
mattvswild
AG
Too old.

Wait, what was the question?
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
My bold prediction for tonight: Cersei is executed.

I think zombie version of the mountain shows up to rescue her.

Really...how long is it going to take that black magic guy to bring him back???
Stive
AG
I predict Ramsey or Theon dies.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sentinel
AG
I predict nobody dies because **** us.
Southlake
Geez, I'm a book reader and would never post on this thread. No way I could without ruining the flow for the non readers. Two questions: Why do book readers even think about posting here? And if Staff is so apoplectic about book readers posting, why can't they just make a statement that book readers my not post on the non book reader thread, Period! Problem solved.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
Geez, I'm a book reader and would never post on this thread. No way I could without ruining the flow for the non readers. Two questions: Why do book readers even think about posting here? And if Staff is so apoplectic about book readers posting, why can't they just make a statement that book readers my not post on the non book reader thread, Period! Problem solved.
Are you sure you would NEVER post on this thread?
Kashchei
AG
Hey Count, is your handle in reference to Craig Ferguson?
Agustus Caesar
AG
I read the books and have never spoiled anything. It's not hard - if it's in book canon and has not occurred in the show yet, you don't mention it.

I will say that I am looking forward to tonight with great anticipation.

I will add that I can't wait till next season when no one knows anything - (I don't believe the next book will arrive until Xmas time 2016)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I read the books and have never spoiled anything. It's not hard - if it's in book canon and has not occurred in the show yet, you don't mention it.

I will add that I can't wait till next season when no one knows anything - (I don't believe the next book will arrive until Xmas time 2016)

prepare to be skewered...many on here don't want to know anything about the books (not even subtle differences) ...even after it airs.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
what are they basing season 6 on then? they haven't covered the little cripple boy (forgot his name) and his entourage this season...

http://deadline.com/2015/06/game-of-thrones-season-6-filming-in-spain-1201436833/
supposedly on discussions with GRRM about the fate/direction at least of main characters and the overall story arc. they did this prior to signing the extension to green light the remaining seasons once they knew it was a hit, they did not want him to die and them not be able to finsih his story (more or less).

but he has let them branch off as they want to (i won't mention any examples of course).

Duncan Idaho
quote:

Go away. Why is this such a difficult thing to understand?

AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:

That is rather inhospitable.
Stive
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

So are you with some of the crap you've posted in the past ***hat
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Let's do this ****!!
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So are you with some of the crap you've posted in the past ***hat
Do not be an ass. This is my first year on TexAgs. I did not realize the level of antagonism that the non-readers have toward the readers. I was attempting to discuss "show only" back in week one or two, and inadvertently "let slip" a VERY minor book-only fact. I was subjected to a pretty vicious attack, I defended myself, and I eventually apologized. Grow the Hell up.
Sentinel
AG
I'm watching from HBOGO. It's gonna have a few minutes of delay.
InternetFan02
AG
Benjen!!!!

Bwaaaahahahahahahha!
Ramrod
AG
Some of yall better bust out the lotion...I see there's nudity in this episode.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.