***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,297 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It is clear that this season is nothing but an effort by the gays to make the religious right/social conservatives look like crazy theocrats and to gin up sympathy for gays, incestuous lovers and kin slayers.

/politics board
easttexasaggie04
AG
$20 on the under of zombie mountain killing 1.5 major characters this season.
Ramrod
AG
Zombie Mountain would kill it in the fighting pits...pun intended.
Scotch
AG
Zombie Mountain may be next season, there are a lot of things about to go down, then again, maybe Cersei sets him on the zealots.
marble rye
AG
Has the High Sparrow been elected the High Septon?
COOL LASER FALCON
Did they say where the fight in the fighting pits took place?

I was a little bothered by how obvious the slave owner was being and it not seeming to bother Dany. Was it somewhere outside of her realm?
TheCougarHunter
AG
How did stannis not get chosen as king way back when Robert died again?
The Debt
quote:
How did stannis not get chosen as king way back when Robert died again?

Robert had two heirs: joffrey and tommen
DannyDuberstein
AG
Because the king had direct heirs (or at least that's what most thought).
TheCougarHunter
AG
So son takes precedence over brother then...and stannis and renleys claim was based on the belief that Robert's kids were not really his?
chipotle
Danny is never making it to westeros, winter is never coming and zombie mountain is never waking up.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
So son takes precedence over brother then...and stannis and renleys claim was based on the belief that Robert's kids were not really his?

Yes. Though Renly had no legitimate claim over Stannis, he was just an attention seeking fruit fly.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Ned sent Stannis a letter about the bastage discovery.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Is the fact that Cersei children are not baratheons pretty much public knowledge now? Everyone seems to know about it. Makes me think there would be more people supporting stannis
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

I don't think he was elected, but didn't Cersei make him the new one after they had the old one arrested for debauchery?
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Is the fact that Cersei children are not baratheons pretty much public knowledge now? Everyone seems to know about it. Makes me think there would be more people supporting stannis

Sounds like it was always rumored but more and more people are being vocal about it. So yeah probably generally assumed by most.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
It is common gossip.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The rumors are flying but it's not substantiated. And at this point, the Lannisters hold the throne, are paying the soldiers, etc., so the narrative is still theirs.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:

Yes. Though Renly had no legitimate claim over Stannis, he was just an attention seeking fruit fly.

Yeah pretty much the whole claim to the throne rules are more like guidelines. If you have an army and support, you can pretty much go for it. Renly had absolutely no right to be King, but he had the best shot because people supported him. If you go back far enough, the Targaryens didn't have any claim whatsover. They just took it because they could.
marble rye
AG
quote:
quote:

I don't think he was elected, but didn't Cersei make him the new one after they had the old one arrested for debauchery?

I asked bc High Septons can annoint or deny kings. Didn't Cersei come to him asking why he had not yet acknowledged Tommen as the new king? (He probably knew of Tommen's lineage then)They do not answer to the throne. This guy has the support of a massive following of Sparrows...therefore Tommen can't do anything even if he wanted to.
mhayden
quote:
quote:
quote:

I asked bc High Septons can annoint or deny kings. Didn't Cersei come to him asking why he had not yet acknowledged Tommen as the new king? (He probably knew of Tommen's lineage then)They do not answer to the throne. This guy has the support of a massive following of Sparrows...therefore Tommen can't do anything even if he wanted to.

I guess that's the problem I have with it... This guy has the support of a massive following of Sparrows... Yet this is the first season we've ever actually heard of this massive group that is powerful enough to imprison queens?
khaos288
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I guess that's the problem I have with it... This guy has the support of a massive following of Sparrows... Yet this is the first season we've ever actually heard of this massive group that is powerful enough to imprison queens?

They explained how Cersei armed them just this season. Pay attention.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What he's saying is, why hadn't we heard of them before this season.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I think that plays more into not revealing WHO the High Sparrow actually is for book fans. Lots of theories are out there. Don't know if they have been allowed/discussed here.
What do you mean who he "actually is"? If there are theories that he's someone else, they certainly haven't implied it in the show, and it certainly hasn't been discussed here.
marble rye
AG
And that's why I didn't say any more than that BES. No need to go all thread police.
marble rye
AG
quote:

Haven't been relevant to the story...like the Sand Snakes.
khaos288
AG
quote:
I understand this. Imagine Westboro baptist church current role in our society. Now, imagine their role in society if by presidential decree they were given weapons and the ability to judge people.
Not_Sure
AG
quote:
quote:
I think that plays more into not revealing ____________________ is for book fans. Lots of theories are out there. Don't know if they have been allowed/discussed here.
What do you mean who he "actually is"? If there are theories that he's someone else, they certainly haven't implied it in the show, and it certainly hasn't been discussed here.

Agreed. This is out of left field. Not cool.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Here we go again. There is another thread for you. Go there.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Its easier when you just stay on the other thread because some of you are too stupid to figure out why.
DannyDuberstein
AG
And still proving my last post yet still too dumb to figure out how.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

This group has been gaining followers. They weren't always there really. Lancel is a perfect example of a new follower that wasn't always part of the group.
Seven Costanza
AG
The Sparrows thing seems like something a show does in Season 9 once it has run out of ideas.
The Debt
I think yall are missing a line of dialog that was easily neglected. It was during a small council meeting and they were discussing sparrows. Basically they are commonfolk who have been displaced by the prolonged war. Many of them are family-less, killed in the fighting. All they have is religions now. Orthodoxy is their guiding light, it is also their empowerment versus the nobles who kill/rape.

In short, the Sparrows havent been around long, because its a result of the consequences of the previous 4 seasons. Cercei arming them was just dumb. If she were as smart as she thinks she is, she would put her pride behind her and ask "what would tywin do"
mid90
AG
quote:
I thought Reek would have stepped up and not given in to Ramsey.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.