***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,260 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
2008and1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'm tired of the Starks getting ****ed on the show, particularly Sansa, no pun intended. It just adds nothing to me. It doesn't make me more into the show. It's just tiresome. Stannis will put the knife to Ramsay and the Boltons, and then freaking Peter will kill Stannis. Which sucks because I am starting to like Stannis. But darn it, Sansa, if she ever rises to power she will be ruthless. She's suffered so freaking much....more than another person on this show.

I think that's kind of the point. I suppose that will make her rise to power more fulfilling. Just like it will be great when Ramsey finally gets what's coming to him.

No one has mentioned it but was it just me or was that whole Sand Snakes vs Jaime and Bronn in the gardens just horribly done?

I thought it was very cheaply done. Not what I'm used to from this show.

The dragons are getting too big and thus too expensive. Gotta cut costs elsewhere!
DannyDuberstein
AG
The actress playing Ellaria Sand seems to be the ringleader of the cheesiness. I thought she was a weak link in the Rome series too. However, I do think it's a challenge to create these revenge characters when there has essentially been no development time spent with them. There are so many stories going on simultaneously that there doing some bare bones work to squeeze this Myrcella/Sandsnake plotline in.
bkag9824
AG
  • So Jaime was concerned about fighting a couple of "regular Dornish" riders yet can hold his own just fine with a couple of Sand Snakes that were supposedly trained by Oberyn?
  • Arya's decision to help the girl die was rather interesting. The parallels were similar and she quite calmly led the girl to death (maybe she'll use her face some time in the future).
  • Cersei is making a dumb play by messing with the Tyrells. She obviously knows her family riches and fighting capability are less than them... what's her end game with this plot?
  • Reek being forced to acknowledge himself as Theon during Sansa's marriage, and then watching her essential rape will be what breaks him I think. Could tell aside from the pain and humiliation Ramsay put him through that he's genuinely sorry for being such a power hungry idiot.
  • Littlefinger is a bad motha. Wonder who finally catches wind of his duplicitous ways. You could tell Cersei didn't really seem to trust him.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nevermind then. That's not really a spoiler, IMO.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
I just have ONE small, yes or no question for a book reader. A simple yes or no will do. In the books, do Jamie/Bronn and the Sand Snakes just happen to go after Myrcella at the EXACT same time? Cause to me that seems like a show thing.

You want a GD book spoiler?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Sounds like someone needs to spring a little cash and PM if they really want to know.
zap
AG
quote:
Cause to me that seems like a show thing.
This is the correct answer and I haven't even read the book.
LawAg05
AG
Its funny this thread has probably 5+ pages of people telling book readers to go **** themselves and going ballistic about spoilers, yet now there is a question posed directly to book readers.

I PMed the answer, so no one
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
  • Arya's decision to help the girl die was rather interesting. The parallels were similar and she quite calmly led the girl to death (maybe she'll use her face some time in the future).

That's pretty much what I interpreted. Whoever they kill at that fountain becomes one of their new faces.
Squirrel Master
AG
Also, may have been due to the darkness of the scene, but it looked to me like the dying girl's 'father' was actually Jaqhen. Could be wrong.
COOL LASER FALCON
I think you saw that wrong. Jaqhen was watching from a ways away.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Didn't Jaqhen enter the room at the same time the father was still there?
Squirrel Master
AG
Ok, Jaqhen was also in the room and watching? I thought I could see him over Arya's shoulder while she was talking to the girl or feeding her the water. I took him to be the 'father' and he'd changed his face back.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I see the irony in this, especially since I started the thread. My bad guys, curiosity got the better of me on this one thing.

Carry on.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
It also almost seemed like she looked older/had grown.
Yes. Arya seemed much older last night.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
  • Littlefinger is a bad motha. Wonder who finally catches wind of his duplicitous ways. You could tell Cersei didn't really seem to trust him.

How did she kill her exactly? All she did is tell her to drink?

I hate LIttlefinger. But he is a necessary evil.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Can't wait to watch that ******* Bolton die slowly at the hand of Brienne.
mhayden
quote:
In that light, her inevitable marital sex while rapey, was probably her getting off as easy as she could have.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
It also almost seemed like she looked older/had grown.
Yes. Arya seemed much older last night.
I thought it was just me. I think her hair may have been different.
bkag9824
AG
Didn't say she killed her...

I said that she led her to death by drinking the water or whatever it is by assimilating their stories and showing empathy to the girl's suffering.

It conveyed an understanding of the Faceless process, and that she has come to grasp that for whatever reason Jaeqen and the like readily lead these people to a rapid death. Arya had repeatedly asked what is done with the bodies after washing, and took the initiative to end the girl's life without the approval or consent of Jaeqen.

Jaeqen witnessing the event led him to believe that Arya understands the broader implications and was then willing to share the secret of where they get all the faces. Arya has killed in the past, but primarily for self-defense. This wasn't self-defense, this was her continued indoctrination to the Faceless.
CoppellAg93
AG
quote:
Reek being forced to acknowledge himself as Theon during Sansa's marriage, and then watching her essential rape will be what breaks him I think. Could tell aside from the pain and humiliation Ramsay put him through that he's genuinely sorry for being such a power hungry idiot.

I keep thinking that Theon will redeem himself by killing Ramsey to save Sansa. He looks like he is about to break - like mentioned earlier, I thought for sure he would attack him during that last scene.

One question to refresh my memory - does he know that he didn't kill Sansa's two younger brothers ? Did anyone ever tell him that he killed the two random farm boys ? I know he destroyed Winterfell and killed lots of people there, but so much of Sansa's hatred for him stems from her thinking he killed her brothers.
FightnFarmerUSMC
AG
Theon tells Ramsey that the Stark boys are alive in the tunnels beneath the castle just before Ramsey brings him back to the torture room and reveals he's a not Theon's savior.
dave94
AG
Yeah, I'm waiting for Theon to get his sh*t together enough to tell her Bran and Rickon may still be alive out there. That will be what puts Sansa on his side, somewhat.
jbanda
AG
Theon is too mamed to survive. I think he ends up sacrificing himself for Sansa (possibly telling her about her bros).
powerbelly
AG
Talking with a co-worker today and realized how much I hate the sand snakes.

They are so poorly acted and cheesy. I hope they don't continue to have much impact on the story.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I hope Theon and the Bolton boy see the dragons and do a murder suicide together.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I hope Hodor returns, makes flowers on Ramsey, and then impales him with his Hodor peenis.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
  • So Jaime was concerned about fighting a couple of "regular Dornish" riders yet can hold his own just fine with a couple of Sand Snakes that were supposedly trained by Oberyn?

It looked to me like Jaime was losing.
aggietony2010
AG
quote:

He looked like he was just trying to live against the one(s) that were paying him any attention. Looked like Bronn was taking two of them, and then the other was trying to get away with Myrcella. Was a really bad scene though.
powerbelly
AG
Saw this on reddit.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
Saw this on reddit.
i don't get it?
powerbelly
AG
Terrible fighting. Bad all around characters.

ETA: Why not use doubles that can actually stage fight and have them cover their faces? It is like they are running out of money and trying to cut corners.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's super gay looking.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Sword > Whip
Stive
AG
The way the little girl on the right is stutter stepping up to him, makes her look like one of my kids wrestling with Daddy (my kids are under the age of 8).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.