***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,237 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Not even when she lit that witch on fire and hatched 3 dragons? Or when she double crossed the slavers that sold her the Unsullied?
As she was not naked at those times... No. Not "awesome".

In the future, you should consider any examples to determine if she was "awesome in it:

It there are tata's... she is awesome.

If the ladies are away... she sucks.

Pretty simple rule.
redline248
AG
Fair enough
The Debt
quote:
Not even when she lit that witch on fire and hatched 3 dragons?

Fwiw, that was when she got naked.

And the double cross? Roose Bolton and walder Frey are villains for doing the same thing, but because she has a pair of tits she is cheered?
redline248
AG
Well, if I had hated Robb and Walder Frey set a dragon on his ass, maybe I'd like him better. Or maybe if he was a hot chic instead of a crusty old rat.
redline248
AG
Plus that slaver dude called her a hoor a bunch. He deserved it.
The Debt
The Debt
So you aren't basing your judgments on justice but rather which characters the puppet master tells you are the most likeable.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
So you aren't basing your judgments on justice but rather which characters the puppet master tells you are the most likeable.
I find her to not be a likable character. Her motivations are selfish (her entitlement to being queen), her actions are ill-informed (her entire manner/method of conquest without consideration of the repercussions), and she is just completely ridiculous.

I understand how book people can like her - there is a lot more in there but the basics are still the same - she is an entitled brat with an uninformed worldview that thinks she should be queen. She HAS to be queen. The thought that "SHOULD she be queen?" or if she is the right type of ruler has never entered her little head.
twenty two ags
quote:
is there an option for justice? because the other guy didnt mention justice, only boobs.
redline248
AG
Clearly Dany isn't the most likable. Just read this thread. As for Walder Frey, was that justice what he did to Robb? Broke one of the oldest customs of the land. Bolton, betraying his liege lord for some money and personal gain? Is that justice? There is no justice in this show. Dany wants to end slavery, maybe the greatest injustice to life ever.
The Debt
quote:
quote:
is there an option for justice? because the other guy didnt mention justice, only boobs.

To be fair he said he disliked her except for her boobs.
redline248
AG
Compare and contrast: 2 queens. Dany or Cersei?
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Clearly Dany isn't the most likable. Just read this thread. As for Walder Frey, was that justice what he did to Robb? Broke one of the oldest customs of the land. Bolton, betraying his liege lord for some money and personal gain? Is that justice? There is no justice in this show. Dany wants to end slavery, maybe the greatest injustice to life ever.
Yes, but she wants to be queen. In essence forcing herself to be the ruler of the land. You HAVE to acknowledge her rule over you. She is just setting herself up as a slaveowner but at a higher level (Queen), and using her armies and dragons to force herself on Essos and eventually Westeros.

She IS a slave owner, She just works on a grander scale.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Cersei sucks. As do her boobs.

While we have yet to see Cersie's boobs, we have seen Lena's boobs so that is not a spoiler.

But Cersei is a much more interesting character. She at least has brains.

Insufferable in her own way. Entitled as well. But she at least shows some intelligence and awareness.
The Debt
quote:

That's precisely my point, he is deplorable for his double cross, but Dany double crosses someone and she is a badass.

Spare me "her motivations are honorable" bullsht. Walder Frey ended a war (which is more hellish than mereen ever was), Dany wants to kill hundreds of thousands on both continents.
redline248
AG
I was mostly joking about the ending slavery comment. When you put it the way you did maybe I like her bc she has and wants to kill a bunch of people on 2 continents. She sucks right now. Get on with the killing.
The Debt
Oh and Dany was a guest in astapor and she killed her hosts. Guest rights can swing both ways.
The Debt
quote:
I was mostly joking about the ending slavery comment. When you put it the way you did maybe I like her bc she has and wants to kill a bunch of people on 2 continents. She sucks right now. Get on with the killing.

Respect.
redline248
AG
quote:
Oh and Dany was a guest in astapor and she killed her hosts. Guest rights can swing both ways.

Did they offer her food and drink in their homes? No ooo.
The Debt
They took the beggar queen into their city and likely fed her. She doesn't have a summer house in astapor, meaning she was a guest in their city.
Goldie Wilson
quote:
I don't know if I'd be so quick to claim advantage Stark.

Sansa is in a tug-of-war between the three of the most despicable and dangerous men in Westrose.

Arya has basically sold herself in the slavery on the other side of the world.

Bran is way up north surrounded by white walkers with an old guy who literally has a tree growing through him as a mentor.

Rik is awol.

Jon's duty no longer lies at home and his mentor watched as the greatest dynasty Westros has ever seen, his family, was destroyed and stayed on the wall.

Don't forget about Benjen
redbaron788
AG
She had a ship, likely slept there and bought food from merchants at port
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
She had a ship, likely slept there and bought food from merchants at port
The tradition of "guest right" probably varies across the breadth of Martin's world.

After the Red Wedding, much was made of the fact that Rob had accepted "bread and salt" from the Freys. This seems to be the standard in Westreros.

Daenerys was not likely considered to be a "guest" with the Yunkai Masters, because she was instead a potential customer in a business transaction. A business transaction is inherently adversarial.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:
Cersei sucks. As do her boobs.

While we have yet to see Cersie's boobs, we have seen Lena's boobs so that is not a spoiler.

But Cersei is a much more interesting character. She at least has brains.

Insufferable in her own way. Entitled as well. But she at least shows some intelligence and awareness.
I'd disagree. Cersei acts extremely confident in her abilities and dismisses the help of others because she has the need to prove that she is intelligent and capable. Dany actually considers what her advisors tell her and has been known to change her mind or stick to her guns depending on what she ultimately believes is best. This is exactly what Tywin was trying to teach Tommen makes a good king.

A lot of Dany's failings in Essos come from being in a land with a different history, culture, etc. As many of them have told her, she isn't respecting their traditions and way of life which is going to bread some hate and resistance. She is also a reminder of the dominance that the dragonriders of Valyria once had over these same people. They don't want to relinquish their power and potentially be dominated again (like anyone in power).
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
quote:

That's precisely my point, he is deplorable for his double cross, but Dany double crosses someone and she is a badass.

Spare me "her motivations are honorable" bullsht. Walder Frey ended a war (which is more hellish than mereen ever was), Dany wants to kill hundreds of thousands on both continents.
What will happen if Sansa double-crosses the Boltons? I wouldn't fault her for it. Dany did do something pretty shady and was never wronged by the slavers like Sansa was by the Freys/Boltons, but you can't treat every double-cross the same. Walder Frey wasn't ending a war for the good of the realm. He did it for power and to advance his house, as did the Boltons.

Dany doesn't want to kill hundreds of thousands either, but she is willing to. She offered to spare both Yunkai and Meereen if they would submit. I'm not saying I blame them for resisting, but she isn't a blood-thirsty conqueror that you're making her out to be. When it comes to Westeros, is it not fair for her to want revenge on those who killed her entire family?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dany was awesome until some time last season. Now she sucks. She makes terrible decision after terrible decision, and worst of all, her story is boring.
khaos288
AG
quote:
Dany was awesome until some time last season. Now she sucks. She makes terrible decision after terrible decision, and worst of all, her story is boring.
I'll start caring about Dany once she becomes a competent ruler, or goes back to conquering with Blood and Fire.
AG
my complaint about dany is she use to be awesome, but now she's stuck in the typical "king/queen is trying to become a beloved ruler, but has growing pains to sort through while learning what it takes to lead. will he/she achieve their goal?" that lots of stories have.

that was what i like about GoT. it's so vastly different from other stories with all of the twists and big time characters being killed. and now the dany part just seems lazy. i can't wait until she's back to her old ways.
Squirrel Master
AG
I find the Dany storyline drug out and mostly boring because since her goal is conquering Westeros, why the f does she care about being a beloved Queen of Meereen? That she has spent so much time there just trying to be a ruler is a waste so that she can tread water while the story advances elsewhere until its appropriately time for her to cross the sea.

I don't hate Dany near as much as some on here, but her story has definitely stalled. When she eventually takes the throne, a moral to her story will be the redemption she got through the course of it all as she went from her lowest point when the story started to become Queen. But the story is playing out to ruin that feeling by wasting our time on sheet with her that no one cares about.
Quinn
AG
quote:
I find the Dany storyline drug out and mostly boring because since her goal is conquering Westeros, why the f does she care about being a beloved Queen of Meereen? That she has spent so much time there just trying to be a ruler is a waste so that she can tread water while the story advances elsewhere until its appropriately time for her to cross the sea.

I don't hate Dany near as much as some on here, but her story has definitely stalled. When she eventually takes the throne, a moral to her story will be the redemption she got through the course of it all as she went from her lowest point when the story started to become Queen. But the story is playing out to ruin that feeling by wasting our time on sheet with her that no one cares about.

Amen. Don't understand at all why she is wasting her time there. She has her army, she has her dragons, get on the road to Kings Landing.
boogieman
AG
It's on the job training for here in Mereen. She has to learn how to rule. She knows how to conqueer.

I agree though. Her storyline has stalled and become boring.
Duncan Idaho
I thought she was practicing being the queen here to make sure she is able to keep the 7 kingdoms after she wins them..
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
It's on the job training for here in Mereen. She has to learn how to rule. She knows how to conqueer.

I agree though. Her storyline has stalled and become boring.
quote:
I thought she was practicing being the queen here to make sure she is able to keep the 7 kingdoms after she wins them..
Basically both of these. Now even though I get why she is doing it, I will definitely agree that I want her to get the eff outta there as fast as possible.
The Debt
quote:

How will tricking Ser Loras help her?
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
Walder Frey wasn't ending a war for the good of the realm. He did it for power and to advance his house, as did the Boltons.
And to avenge Robb's betrayal of his marriage promise, and because he has always felt that his house is treated as a second-class citizen by the other great houses.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.