***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,313 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stive
AG
Thanks staff!!
Rocagnante
AG
Now that that's cleared up we can get back to important topics like the viability of fiat money in Westeros and how the Kings Road was financed.
redline248
AG
quote:
Now that that's cleared up we can get back to important topics like the viability of fiat money in Westeros and how the Kings Road was financed.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
YellowPot_97
Trident 88
AG
quote:
Well, considering his brother killed her father, I'm guessing not good.

She seemed to believe Ser Barristan last episode when he told her that her father was a madman butchering men, women and children. I'm guessing that she won't hold Tyrion responsible for Jaime killing her dad, but I'm not sure she'll be the type of ruler to tolerate his witty sense of humor.
Farmer1906
AG
As long as he doesn't make her feel dumb, I don't tihnk he will, then I think he'll be fine. He will use his wit and cunning to school the other members of her council.
powerbelly
AG
He may also be useful to teach her to think like a politician and not in black and white.
Squirrel Master
AG
Thinking about him serving as an adviser reminded me... are we going to ever see Jorah again, or is he done with the show's story from here out?

I'm guessing Varys and Tyrion make it to Mereen around ep 5 or 6... Tyrion helps her settle the anger of the people, thereby winning her trust and his place in the inner circle.

Then hopefully, he gets to hit it.
Stive
AG
quote:
Thinking about him serving as an adviser reminded me... are we going to ever see Jorah again, or is he done with the show's story from here out?

I'm guessing Varys and Tyrion make it to Mereen around ep 5 or 6... Tyrion helps her settle the anger of the people, thereby winning her trust and his place in the inner circle.

Then hopefully, he gets to hit it.
Pretty sure there's an image of Jorah in the trailer for this season, so if you saw the previews, he's in it......but I'm not sure how they'll incorporate him.

Farmer1906
AG
***Possible Spoiler*** (GIF)

If the season 5 trailer isn't off limits then we do see Jorah fighting in front of a crowd.
Squirrel Master
AG
I think the only thing I've seen was the refresher sequence at the start of the first episode. I assumed he'd be in it... actually I assumed he'd hook up with Varys and Tyrion. But unless they are getting to Mereen later than I was guessing, may be not.
Squirrel Master
AG
Interesting... that looks like he might be fighting an Unsullied.

edit: on additional views, maybe not. could be any armored up and prepared fighter.
Stive
AG
In the first episode this season, they Dany and her people were talking about having trouble with one of the cities. One of the suggestions was to let them have their fighting pits/arenas back. Based on that image above, I wonder if that's where Jorah shows up?
COOL LASER FALCON
My guess is that Jorah will coordinate the meeting between Dany and Varys somehow.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

***** A GUESS THAT'S DEPICTED FROM THE SEASON TRAILER/PREVIEW *****

I am almost positive I saw him fighting with Dany and the crew in like a gladiator arena in the preview, in what looked like some kind of a uprising. I also think they gave away too much in the preview... That said, I don't think he's done by any means. He's a good character.

Probably unrelated but his family (Ex-wife? Sister? Daughter?) are the ones that wrote the letter to Stannis telling him they only recognized the Starks as having any authority in the North, so no he can't use their home on Bear Island.

***** END OF SPOILER THAT'S NOT ACTUALLY A SPOILER BUT SOME PEOPLE MAY NOT WATCH THE TRAILERS TO AVOID KNOWING ANYTHING SO IN THAT CASE I UNDERSTAND BUT I THINK IT'S A LITTLE RIDICULOUS TO CATER TO THEM BUT WHATEVER AND ALSO IT MAY POSSIBLY BE IN A BOOK BUT WHO KNOWS *****
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
My guess is that Jorah will coordinate the meeting between Dany and Varys somehow.

Would he need to? If I am Dany and those two showed up to my door, I'm bringing them straight to me before I throw in in a cell or chop their head off.
Squirrel Master
AG
quote:
In the first episode this season, they Dany and her people were talking about having trouble with one of the cities. One of the suggestions was to let them have their fighting pits/arenas back. Based on that image above, I wonder if that's where Jorah shows up?

This seems extremely likely.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
All I know is I cannot wait to see interactions between Dany and Tyrion.
COOL LASER FALCON
I think a mediator is needed more on the side of Varys and Tyrion for that reason. It just seems like everyone could offer something to that equation.

Varys and Tyrion could offer support in ruling Meereen or for her getting back to Westoros if she is willing to listen to them. For Jorah, it would be a potential way back in to her good graces.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
I think a mediator is needed more on the side of Varys and Tyrion for that reason. It just seems like everyone could offer something to that equation.

Varys and Tyrion could offer support in ruling Meereen or for her getting back to Westoros if she is willing to listen to them. For Jorah, it would be a potential way back in to her good graces.

Why would Dany trust Jorah? She's already kicked his ass tot he curb.
COOL LASER FALCON
She very well may not. But if he's as loyal as he says he is, he may be willing to take the chance of dying to give her help.
zap
AG
quote:
She very well may not. But if he's as loyal as he says he is, he may be willing to take the chance of dying to give her help.

Agreed. He will risk his life if he thinks Tyrion/Varys can help her.
Trident 88
AG
Ser Jorah risking his life is the only thing that would convince Dany to let him back in the inner circle. She clearly doesn't tolerate people who deal with others behind her back. That's also why it will be tough for Tyrion and Varys to gain her trust.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
Ser Jorah risking his life is the only thing that would convince Dany to let him back in the inner circle.
Yeah, I'm trying to find some sort of link between Jorah and the conversation Dany had with Daario where he explains that the fighting pits were his only way to earn his freedom and make something of his life.
chase128
YellowPot_97
AG
I'm hoping Aria hooks up with Danny at some point as well. Tyrion as her hand and Aria as her faceless assassin or head of her Queens guard, Danny would roll over Westeros.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
I'm hoping Aria hooks up with Danny at some point as well. Tyrion as her hand and Aria as her faceless assassin or head of her Queens guard, Danny would roll over Westeros.

Or you know... well... dragons.
khaos288
AG
quote:
Yeah, no need.

Faceless assassins would never be "head of the queens guard" or be someones servant.

Drogon. The second biggest dragon of all time is all she needs once she learns how to rule, she's already ready to conquer.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Throw in Bran to warg out and take control of one of those dragons, and you'd have quite an all star team.
The Dog Lord
AG
Hopefully she teams up with SweetRobin, and then she'll really be unstoppable.
The Debt
Obviously there is gonna be a time to confront the white walkers. I know dragons arent normal coldblooded reptiles (they carry their own heat source), but flying in the freezing tundra seems like it would be a weakness for the dragons.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
As I was telling my friend earlier today...

• Sansa + Zombie Hound as her personal knight/assassin
  • Arya as a faceless ninja assassin
  • Bran warging into Drogon
  • Brienne of Tarth as a loyal sword

Starks win the ship.
Natasha Romanoff
I would be okay with that. Though, my money is on everyone dying.

*I know nothing, I'm still bitter about the Red Wedding.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.