***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,306 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Goldie Wilson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
Season 6: The Return of Ned
ohhhh...an entire season of the not really dead...just to prolong it so GRRM can write book 6. Genius!!!!!

Ep1 - Jon Resurrected
Ep2 - Stannis' Surprise
Ep3 - Lady Stoneheart FTW
Ep4 - The Hound of Kings Landingsville
Ep5 - Syrio's Revenge
Ep6 - Renly and Robb Reunited
Ep7 - Sir Barristan Semi-dead
Ep8 - Joffrey and the Heimlich Manuever
Ep9 - Lysa Can Fly
Ep10 - Headless Ned Rides Again

please remove potential book spoilers
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
ohhhh...an entire season of the not really dead...just to prolong it so GRRM can write book 6. Genius!!!!!

Ep1 - Jon Resurrected
Ep2 - Stannis' Surprise
Ep5 - Syrio's Revenge
Ep9 - Lysa Can Fly

Ep11 (very special bonus episode) - Gendry and Russian special forces guy return

All the way from New Jersey?
bigjohn1
AG
quote:
quote:
In my Opinion, currently he is both dead AND alive (a la Schrodinger's Cat) and will stay that way until the first episode confirms one way or the other (or GRRM or someone says specifically, i.e. a cast member leaking script info.).

So...if we watch next season and Jon dies, it's as if we murdered him ourselves.
Exactly!
easttexasaggie04
AG
Anybody watching those new shoes airing this weekend on HBO? I need something new to watch now that GOT is over.
Sentinel
AG
I'll be watching The Brink. Is there a thread for it? I haven't checked yet.
Stive
AG
quote:
Anybody watching those new shoes airing this weekend on HBO? I need something new to watch now that GOT is over.
True Detective starts Sunday!!!

And I'm going to give Ballers a try.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Definitely going to watch True Detective. First season was incredible.

I might watch The Brink as well, but early reviews aren't good.

Balletr looks dumb to me. Might try it out if I get bored.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Definitely going to watch True Detective. First season was incredible.

I might watch The Brink as well, but early reviews aren't good.

Balletr looks dumb to me. Might try it out if I get bored.

Having initially passed on the sopranos until season 3, the wire until after it was over, game of thrones until after season 1, etc..... I now watch everything on HBO until I decide if I like it. I'll watch the brink, ballers and true detective.

Also orange is the new black is back on Netflix although 2 episodes in its kinda boring this season.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ep1 - Jon Resurrected
Ep2 - Stannis' Surprise
Ep5 - Syrio's Revenge
Ep9 - Lysa Can Fly

Ep11 (very special bonus episode) - Gendry and Russian special forces guy return

All the way from New Jersey?

Guy's a f****** interior decorator. Killed 16 Czechoslovakians.

Stive
AG
One of my favorite Paulie Walnuts lines of all time!!!!
HtownAg92
AG
Really? His apartment looked like sh**.
Squirrel Master
AG
quote:
I now watch everything on HBO until I decide if I like it.

Pretty much this. The track record is just too great. Yeah, their half hour shows are waaaay more hit or miss than their tentpole one hour dramas, but still lots of good stuff worth giving a try.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
One of my favorite Paulie Walnuts lines of all time!!!!

That one episode had some of the greatest lines in the entire series.

Christopher on the Cuban Missile Crisis:
quote:
That was real?!? I saw that movie, I thought it was bull****.
Stive
AG
Yep.

I can't remember the line, but when Bobby comes out dressed up in orange hunting gear and Tony and Uncle J start mouthing and laughing....so funny.
boy09
AG
quote:
Also orange is the new black is back on Netflix although 2 episodes in its kinda boring this season.
I made it 3 eps into S3. I gave up and started watching Sense8, much more entertaining.
Scotch
AG
I just finished The Sopranos. Excellent show.

A man walks into his house with a duck under his arm. He walks up to his wife with it and says, "This is the pig I've been (having relations with)". His wife says, "That's a duck." He quickly replies, "I wasn't talking to you."
TheCougarHunter
AG
Earlier this season melisandre was wearing very little clothing and Jon asked her about it and she said something about the Lord of light keeping her warm...noticed when she came back to castle black she had a lot of winter clothing wrapped around her...has she lost faith?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Earlier this season melisandre was wearing very little clothing and Jon asked her about it and she said something about the Lord of light keeping her warm...noticed when she came back to castle black she had a lot of winter clothing wrapped around her...has she lost faith?
she was indoors then wasn;t she (she was when she got nekkid)....and also it was before "winter" came.
Goldie Wilson
quote:
I don't think she's turned away from the LoL, I think she just used Stannis.
Texaggie7nine
Finally caught up through my illegal torrent downloads.

WTF
7nine
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't think she's turned away from the LoL, I think she just used Stannis.

The kings blood was from Robert. The blood of Stannis wasnt powerfull.
zap
AG
The Shireen sacrifice worked, it melted the snow. The unfortunate by product for Stannis was that half his men and all his horses deserted because of it.

Melisandre also prophesized, "I have seen the Bolton banners burning." This may be true, but it won't come to pass because of anything Stannis did. The table is set for Littlefinger to mobilize the Knights of the Vale take Winterfell.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
The Shireen sacrifice worked, it melted the snow. The unfortunate by product for Stannis was that half his men and all his horses deserted because of it.
....orrrr the weather just happened to clear up.
jbanda
AG
That's the thing about it, it may be divine intervention and it may be high pressure setting in over westeros?
zap
AG
Yeah, we should probably ignore all evidence that she has mystical abilities and just assume it's all coincidence.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
Yeah, we should probably ignore all evidence that she has mystical abilities and just assume it's all coincidence.
She herself said it it some magic and some smoke and mirrors.
TheCougarHunter
AG
quote:
quote:
she was indoors then wasn;t she (she was when she got nekkid)....and also it was before "winter" came.

I'm talking about when they were in the elevator going up the wall and Jon grabbed her hand
Mathguy64
AG
quote:
That's the thing about it, it may be divine intervention and it may be high pressure setting in over westeros?

Just like that black stuff coming out of her vajayjay was just a low pressure center.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

Just like that black stuff coming out of her vajayjay was just a low pressure center.
not saying she can't do some freaky magic S***....but not everything is always magic, especially if it's just a weather cycle.

seems to me she thought it was the gods when she saw it melting in the morning...but even she bailed on it after learning of selsye and 1/2 the troops bailing in the night....perhaps the weather was just the weather and she realized the gods were not happy and got paybacks ala selsye and the troops....she knew Stannis was doomed and bailed.

can she do magic, sure, can she read things wrong though, yes also, and sometimes what she asks for from the gods isn't answered.

and sometimes the storm just passes and thing smelt.
longhornhere55
quote:
quote:
....orrrr the weather just happened to clear up.
Good thing Patton only relied on prayer for the weather to clear up. Who knows who he would have burned at the stake if he had thought about it.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
can she do magic, sure, can she read things wrong though, yes also, and sometimes what she asks for from the gods isn't answered.

Some of the LoL's greatest gifts...are unanswered praaayeerrs.
dave94
AG
quote:
quote:

zap
AG
Objective Aggie
AG
post that on the GoT humor thread
Objective Aggie
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.