***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,264 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Natasha Romanoff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wasn't part of the reason he was treated that way was because he never went to war? Just holed himself up till the end, then picked the side that was going to win and got there when it was over.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Walder Frey and Roose Bolton both deserve painful deaths, stat.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Walder Frey and Roose Bolton both deserve painful deaths, stat.

They need worse than that. I hope Walder sees his family torn apart and an end to his line.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Wasn't part of the reason he was treated that way was because he never went to war? Just holed himself up till the end, then picked the side that was going to win and got there when it was over.
And he is just an ******* and weirdo who keeps marrying and impregnating woman after woman. People are often treated a certain way for a reason.
Natasha Romanoff
Well I knew that part. But for whatever reason I remember that him always being "absent" during war is why no one truly respected him.
HtownAg92
AG
His nickname was "The Late Walter Frey" I believe, always conveniently "late" to battle.
Sentinel
AG
And conveniently supporting the winning side at the last minute.
zap
AG
The Freys are the McPoyles of Westeros.
The Debt
quote:
The Freys are the McPoyles of Westeros.

FredMc92
"They're top notch. Trust me."
The Debt
quote:
Yeah, Viserys might have been too crazy to lead, but after the first son of the harpy killed one if his soldiers he'd have murdered the whole town.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I finally watched Sand Snakes last night. Haven't even finished really thinking about it yet.

A couple of notes/questions that I had from the previous week's episode that I didn't get posted before Sunday night and had to quarantine myself for another 4 days from this thread:

1 - I had completely forgotten/missed that Janos Slynt (aka the ***** up on the wall that Jon Snow relieved of his head) was the guy that used to be the Police Chief in King's Landing that arrested Ned and killed his men. I don't think that Jon knew that, but it still is nice from a karma perspective.

2 - What happened to the big ole Stark greatsword? Was that what was melted down into two new swords that were given to Jamie (and then to Brienne) and....Joffrey?

3 - Why are the Lannister's broke? Dragonbrag made reference to it last week and I guess I had forgotten that. I suppose that also came into play with the the crown needing to write some IOU's to the Tyrells.

Did Cersei send Mr. Tyrell away because she was about to arrest Loras? I didn't fully understand that. He's such a poon that I doubt he would have done anything even if he had been there.
jbanda
AG
Tywin mentioned last season that the Lannister gold mines had run dry.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
Tywin mentioned last season that the Lannister gold mines had run dry.
Thanks
lne2011
AG
quote:

2 - What happened to the big ole Stark greatsword? Was that what was melted down into two new swords that were given to Jamie (and then to Brienne) and....Joffrey?

Yes.
TX_AG_10
AG
quote:
Did Cersei send Mr. Tyrell away because she was about to arrest Loras? I didn't fully understand that. He's such a poon that I doubt he would have done anything even if he had been there.
Another reason he might have been sent away:

1. To kill him to start eliminating the Tyrell family and to piss Margarie off even more. However, If this does happen, I think it will backfire and I predict that Arya will eliminate Ser Meryn while he is in Bravos (I think others have pointed that out previously on this thread). Isn't he (Ser Meryn) on her list?
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
I predict that Arya will eliminate Ser Meryn while he is in Bravos (I think others have pointed that out previously on this thread). Isn't he (Ser Meryn) on her list?
I do not recall whether Arya always includes Ser Meryn on her prayer/list, but it would make sense for him to be there, given that he led the group that tried to seize her and that he (perhaps) killed Syrio.
TX_AG_10
AG
Yeah he is... I just looked it up on the wiki page. He is on her list for the reasons your provided..
Ramrod
AG
quote:
quote:
I predict that Arya will eliminate Ser Meryn while he is in Bravos (I think others have pointed that out previously on this thread). Isn't he (Ser Meryn) on her list?
I do not recall whether Arya always includes Ser Meryn on her prayer/list, but it would make sense for him to be there, given that he led the group that tried to seize her and that (perhaps) killed Syrio.
He's the last name she says I believe, "Meryn Trant". I'm sure there will be a run in between them in Bravos with Arya having an opportunity to kill him, but it will be a defining moment in her giving up her identity of being "Arya" and becoming faceless.
Sentinel
chase128
AG
Is that guy Bravosi?
jbanda
AG
Dany going "scorched earth".
khaos288
AG
Snow with the big decision!
The Dog Lord
AG
Sentinel
AG
Oh snap!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty slow episode after last week. Really hope the last half of the season picks things up.
Sentinel
AG
I was thinking the same thing. The fight towards the end kinda helped keep things steady for me.
Sentinel
AG
And things are about to get interesting with the Boltons.
khaos288
AG
I'm pretty bored with this season so far.

There are no villians. No Jofferey. No white walkers. No 5 kings battling. No real action it seems like.

I need Cersei/High Sparrow/Westeros Baptist Church to become tyrants so I can hate them, or Jamie/Bronn to have an epic mini-battle with the sand snakes for the girl Lannister. I also wouldn't mind Dany finally gaining dominion over her dragons, or making a move towards Westeros.

I do think the penultimate is going to be the battle at Winterfell though. Hopefully, we'll see Brienne slay Ramsey, and the Starks once again ruling the north.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I do think the penultimate is going to be the battle at Winterfell though. Hopefully, we'll see Brienne slay Ramsey, and the Starks once again ruling the north.
Hope so. That is gonna be a hell of a battle. I wouldn't be surprised if right as it seems as Stannis will lose to the Boltons, Jon shows up with the wildling army.

Actually, come to think of it, I would. What is this, LOTR?
SeattleAgJr
This is a warning about spoilers.
A potential big spoiler was just noted on the preview/description of next weeks episode as found on one of the channel episode guides for one of the services.

This is not just a a plot summary spoiler, but a BIG SPOILER if true.

Just saying. Avoid reading episode descriptions on your channel guide.\

Trying not to say which one...
TXAGFAN
AG
This makes me want to go find it.
khaos288
AG
quote:
This is a warning about spoilers.
A potential big spoiler was just noted on the preview/description of next weeks episode as found on one of the channel episode guides for one of the services.

This is not just a a plot summary spoiler, but a BIG SPOILER if true.

Just saying. Avoid reading episode descriptions on your channel guide.\

Trying not to say which one...
PM? All seems like normal plot movement.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:

PM? All seems like normal plot movement.
I posted the detail in the spoilers thread. Some think this may just be a mistake, but it is there if you want to know.
amg405
AG
I also thought it was slow at points. I would have liked more Tyrien and less Bolton.

I also found a few of the longer conversations to be kind of frivolous.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.