***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,296 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Objective Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The only untouchable is Eddard Stark.

Well crap. At least we have Robb. He's untouchable.

Well damn. This Oberyn fellow seems like he might stick.

Quinn
AG
quote:
The only untouchable is Eddard Stark.

Well crap. At least we have Robb. He's untouchable.

Well damn. This Oberyn fellow seems like he might stick.

Fair point on the first two, not really Oberyn. Dany and Jon Snow have clearly been important characters since the beginning and somebody has to make it to the end.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
somebody has to make it to the end.
I hope no one makes it to the end.
drewbie08
AG
quote:
The only untouchable is Eddard Stark. Had no idea it was going to happen.

Well crap. At least we have Robb. He's untouchable. Had no idea until seconds before.

Well damn. This Oberyn fellow seems like he might stick. Saw it coming as soon as he started gloating...Noooooo!

chipotle
quote:
quote:
somebody has to make it to the end.
I hope no one makes it to the end.

There's an end?
Ser Pounce
easttexasaggie04
AG
When Cersi is drug into the prison she said "I am Queen!" I guess she still views herself as queen even though she really isn't. The real queen is already sitting a jail. I'm hoping soon she'll come to the realization that she no longer has any power like she thinks she has.
Ernest Tucker
AG
Ramsay is going to last at least until they find someone else to make us all agree to hate. It's like a Sith Lord, there has to be at least one. The character you hate that has no redeeming qualities at all. They build up the hate all to make their demise just that much more delicious.

There was Danys brother

Then geoffrey

Now Ramsay

I wonder who is next?

Candidates:

Theon (although I think they do enough to him now to keep your building hate satisfied)
Walder Frey - when they decide to bring him back from the ship of abandoned plot lines
Robin Arryn - if he goes full Geoffrey - he was kinda heading that way before LF
chipotle
I like Ramsay. The dinner table scene was hilarious. All that awkward silence and he was just living it up.
Ernest Tucker
AG
I just can't stand Ramsays striking resemblance to Rob Thomas... All the hate and no music

COOL LASER FALCON
I think they're going that way with Stannis's priestess.
Sentinel
AG
60+ replies. You guys are hard to keep up with!
M.C. Swag
AG
I believe Littlefinger has the capacity to go full sith lord. He's already shown he'll do whatever it takes to further his cause. To this point, pure maliciousness hasn't been called for...but there's no doubt he'd go there if the situation called for it.
Ernest Tucker
AG
quote:
I think they're going that way with Stannis's priestess.
yeah, there were a couple of times I would have liked to see her burn At the stake, but then again... Titties!!!

Ernest Tucker
AG
quote:
I believe Littlefinger has the capacity to go full sith lord. He's already shown he'll do whatever it takes to further his cause. To this point, pure maliciousness hasn't been called for...but there's no doubt he'd go there if the situation called for it.
You gotta emit, he adds depth to the story lines. There is what is happening in westeros at the surface, then you have all the strings that go up to the added layer of what LF is puppeteering
mhayden
The Littlefinger storylines are about the only ones that have any potential strategic depth to them like we saw in the earlier seasons.
Hatchet Harry
AG
quote:
60+ replies. You guys are hard to keep up with!
220 when I hopped back on tonight. Been reading for an hour just to catch up.

To that end, I think Jon Snow is among the untouchable. At least I hope he is, he's probably my favorite character still alive on the show. This season hasn't done much for me.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I just can't stand Ramsays striking resemblance to Rob Thomas... All the hate and no music

Playing Matchbox 20 would be right up his alley since he's into torture
Aggie_buster
AG
quote:
Oh, one I didn't put on my list was Brienne. I don't know if she'd qualify as a major or shocking death, but I think she's a dead [wo]man walking. If she tries to save Sansa before Stannis arrives, she's as good as dead, and even if she waits for Stannis, I think she dies. I just don't see where else they could take her story.

You forgot she still wants to kill Stannis for Renly.
Goldie Wilson
I wouldn't be terribly upset if Brienne died just so we dont have to hear about her oath to Lady Stark ever again.

However, my actual prediction for who gets killed off this season: Jamie's other hand.
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
I wouldn't be terribly upset if Brienne died just so we dont have to hear about her oath to Lady Stark ever again.

However, my actual prediction for who gets killed off this season: Jamie's other hand.
And to Renly....and the Kingslayer....and to Pod...and to that Innkeeper who made that great stew....

So how does she choose when Stannis is fighting Sansa's tormentors?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:

OH COME ON!!!!

zap
AG
easttexasaggie04
AG
I started over from Season 1 in the background from my computer at work. Pretty cool to see the background of each character again. Kinda helps remind you of who the characters are that now play a big role. I didn't realize how big of a ***** Theon was to Jon Snow.
Quinn
AG
You watch GoT at work?? I guess you are the boss or hopefully your boss doesn't walk by at the wrong time.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Luckily I am the boss.
TX_AG_10
AG
quote:
Luckily I am the boss.
You hiring?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Luckily I am the boss.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I still think Bran is going to have the power to warg a dragon
zap
AG
quote:
I still think Bran is going to have the power to warg a dragon
agreed
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Isn't this pretty much widely expected now? Especially after the "But you will fly." comment at the end of Season 4.

I've been predicting this since for a couple of years now.
/Redstone
/Nobutseriously
PascalsWager
AG
That makes Bran the most powerful person in the show. If after all this investment, this thing ends with a crippled kid using a supernatural power to control a supernatural thing, I'd be pretty disappointed.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
That makes Bran the most powerful person in the show. If after all this investment, this thing ends with a crippled kid using a supernatural power to control a supernatural thing, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Why?
powerbelly
AG
quote:
I have a feeling you will be disappointed.

Most think that this is the direction the show is headed.
PascalsWager
AG
quote:
quote:

Why?
I don't love the fantasy or supernatural stuff as it is. But I accept that the story includes it. And I can even appreciate that Bran through his powers has a part to play in the conclusion. BUT it seems like a such an incredible power that it should trump everything else. I think the show and story is more complex than that though. And I'll trust the writers and HBO.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.