***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,185 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bran met the 3 eyed crow; he was the funky dude with a weirwood roots growing through him.

Gendy and Asha/Rickon disappearing is odd.
Stive
AG
Yeah I lumped old root man and the little zombie kids all together.
boogieman
AG
Don't worry et98. I was like you when the show first started. I had to read recaps to help familiarize myself with people, places and objectives/quests for all the characters. That helped during rewatches of the seasons as well.

Hell, I still kinda quiz myself during the intro and name the major characters that are at the city they are showing.

Also, yes, pay more attention. The show is dense. Can't read the ipad while the show is on.
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
She's imprisoned the High Septon dude for some weak **** and is trying to replace him with this new guy we know nothing about other than he's played by one of the most prominent actors to appear on the show, meaning his character will be dead soon.
FIFY

Walder Frey said that brother Tully was locked in his dungeon after Red Wedding. He was pretty useless anyway.

Who did Cersei talk to first, Tommen or Margery? If it was Tommen, it would semi-explain Cersei's half-a$$ed attempt to be the good mother-in-law and not striking back at Margery's veiled insults. You could see that it pained her not to pop off. But if Tommen was hinting that she needed to go back home, maybe she felt her stay could be extended through Margery.

Of course, that's all BS. She has a plan and so does Margery, and they both know it and are playing games.

Jon killing that sniveling weasel Janos was a top 3 all time killing for me. Joffrey and the Targaryan brother were top 2.
Stive
AG
Cersei talked to Tommen first, then met with Margaery.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cersei/Margery exchanges are quickly becoming the best in the show, maybe even topping the Tyrell granny and Tywin.

I hope we get a few more of them before Cersei leaves or one of them bites the dust.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
edit: I wonder if Theon would be part of a Sansa/Brienne team. He was going out of his way to not allow her to see him. If he feels empowered by them, could definitely lead to vengeance against his family.
Well everyone in Westeros still thinks he killed the Stark brothers, no? It would make sense to try to steer clear of Sansa.
Squirrel Master
AG
True. I meant that more in the they were playing that up, so maybe we should expect some future interaction between the two of them.
aggietony2010
AG
quote:
quote:
edit: I wonder if Theon would be part of a Sansa/Brienne team. He was going out of his way to not allow her to see him. If he feels empowered by them, could definitely lead to vengeance against his family.
Well everyone in Westeros still thinks he killed the Stark brothers, no? It would make sense to try to steer clear of Sansa.

It also probably clashes with his Reek identity to be in Winterfell and see Sansa. It is probably stirring up some feelings he hasn't felt since the crap Ramsay put him through. I could see Brienne + Theon + Sansa being the Bolton downfall. And then Littlefinger will try to pick up the pieces by convincing Sansa to marry him. This gets him control of the north (The Eerie + Winterfell), and a substitute Catelyn.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Calling it now: Sansa will kill Littlefinger. Don't know how, don't know when. But eventually she will see through his bullsh-t.
Quinn
AG
quote:
Calling it now: Sansa will kill Littlefinger. Don't know how, don't know when. But eventually she will see through his bullsh-t.

No clue if this will happen or not, but what about this show makes you think someone will get revenge/redemption?
AJ02
AG
I think Cersei is enlisting the help of Littlefinger and the High Sparrow to prove Margaery wasn't a virgin when she and Tommen got married, thereby nullifying the union. Also probably why she's trying to get on Margaery's good side.
AJ02
AG
Here's my question...Cersei thinks Tyrion and Sansa both had a hand in killing Joffrey. Littlefinger obviously made it known to Roose that he had Sansa in order to broker a marriage. How does Cersei not know Littlefinger is harboring Sansa?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We've never been shown whether or not Margery was a virgin, have we? In fact we can assume she was, since Renly was gay and she obviously didn't consumate the marriage with Joffrey.
Sentinel
AG
I think it's just been speculation and rumor.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Well, Tommey is going to make it challenging to prove it one way or the other now.
Sentinel
AG
Young kids have stamina.
COOL LASER FALCON
Didn't she imply to Sansa that she's had sex with lots of dudes?

Also just occurred to me that Cersei could go to the high sparrow about Loris if she wanted to get back at Margaery.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
Here's my question...Cersei thinks Tyrion and Sansa both had a hand in killing Joffrey. Littlefinger obviously made it known to Roose that he had Sansa in order to broker a marriage. How does Cersei not know Littlefinger is harboring Sansa?

Because Littlefinger is a sly some beach, and Varys (and his network of snoops) doesn't work for her anymore.
Ramrod
AG
quote:
Didn't she imply to Sansa that she's had sex with lots of dudes?

Also just occurred to me that Cersei could go to the high sparrow about Loris if she wanted to get back at Margaery.
This is what I'm thinking she's up to; a way to get out of marrying Loras and having to move to Highgarden.
BCG Disciple
AG
Why would Roose Bolton throw away his Lannister alliance by making an alliance to Sansa? Does the Lannister family name mean that little right now that he is not only willing to defy the family but he is willing to do it in such a public manner as he knows the hate the Lannister's have for Sansa (Cersai's absolute hate, but also the fact that she was married to the imp Lannister). That says a lot about what shambles that family appears to be in without Tywin. I don't know that I necessarily agree that they are in such an assumed weak position. Does the Stark name actually carry the weight the Bolton's think it does? He flatly assumes that her name and presence will allow him to rule the North. Just seems like an overly bold move on his part.

Also, when Roose was telling Ramsey about the marriage alliance I started laughing assuming it would be with the Greyjoy girl. The thought of her running Reek made me smile. I was disappointed that he was referring to Sansa.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Tywin is dead. Jamie has one hand. Cersa is a drunk. Tyrion in on the run. The A team is in charge, but in ruin. And Uncle Kevin said "f this noise, I'm going home."

Meanwhile the Bolton's are trying to rule the HUGE North where 90% of the folks hate them and 100% don't trust them. They need to prove to the North that they can be the guys. Marrying a Stark helps with that.
Stive
AG
quote:
Tywin is dead. Jamie has one hand. Cersa is a drunk. Tyrion in on the run. The A team is in charge, but in ruin. And Uncle Kevin said "f this noise, I'm going home."

Meanwhile the Bolton's are trying to rule the HUGE North where 90% of the folks hate them and 100% don't trust them. They need to prove to the North that they can be the guys. Marrying a Stark helps with that.

Yeah Roose pretty much spelled this out when he was talking to Ramsey and gave him a complete play by play.

Tywin is dead and that's who Roose hade his deal with. The Lannisters have never sent an army that far north for anything and Roose has his doubts as to whether they would now or not. And Ramsey had just told him that one of the lesser lords had been flayed alive because he wouldn't pay his taxes to Bolton and he was still loyal to the Starks.

This tells you that Roose knows he's in a treacherous situation and doesn't know that he can count on anything from the Lannisters. And that he can't trust anyone really in the north because of how he took out the Starks.

Quick question, does Roose Bolton know that Stannis is at the Wall? I don't think he does.
amg405
AG
quote:
Cersei/Margery exchanges are quickly becoming the best in the show, maybe even topping the Tyrell granny and Tywin.

I hope we get a few more of them before Cersei leaves or one of them bites the dust.

I was thinking this as well. Both are very talented actresses.
Stive
AG
Any idea why Tyrion all of a sudden couldn't get it up for the prostitute? That whole scene seemed weird to me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I took it as it just brought all the emotions back of Shae, not only losing her, but killing her.
Stive
AG
Ahh....good call.

That very well may be it.
LB12Diamond
AG
Tyrion could do it because I assume he was remembering his last girlfriend-prostitute that he loved betrayed him and he killed her. Just my opinion.

I think little finger is setting up some type of revenge on the Bolton's for killing the one woman he loved.
Nagler
AG
quote:
This tells you that Roose knows he's in a treacherous situation and doesn't know that he can count on anything from the Lannisters. And that he can't trust anyone really in the north because of how he took out the Starks.

They showed this a little more with the old lady in Sansa's room that said something along the lines of "Welcome home Lady Stake, the North remembers". May not have seemed like much but they made sure we all saw it. Shows that the common people are still fans of the Starks.
Stive
AG
quote:
quote:

They showed this a little more with the old lady in Sansa's room that said something along the lines of "Welcome home Lady Stake, the North remembers". May not have seemed like much but they made sure we all saw it. Shows that the common people are still fans of the Starks.

Seems that way.
boy09
AG
quote:
Does the Stark name actually carry the weight the Bolton's think it does? He flatly assumes that her name and presence will allow him to rule the North. Just seems like an overly bold move on his part.
Just about everyone in the north is still loyal to the Starks. Sansa is the oldest living Stark now. It's probably the best move Roose could make in the situation, getting Sansa on their side is just about the only way to rally the North imo.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sansa can rally the North. Roose Bolton will be dead before the season is over. And once the Boltons are out of the picture, Sansa can take out Littlefinger, and the Stark banner will fly from Winterfell once again.

(Of course, there's no way something this good ever happens, because **** us.)
McGregor
AG
I think we will see Gendry again, probably somewhere near the end of the series...whenever that is. After all the main characters wreck each other, he will emerge, and someone will figure out his heritage.
redline248
AG
Doesn't Stannis already know it?
boy09
AG
quote:
Doesn't Stannis already know it?
I would imagine. Isn't that why Melisandre went and got him from the Brotherhood, to use his "royal blood"?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.