***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,327 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It won't matter though because he's still a *******.

Stannis has more of a claim as Roberts brother than Gendry does as his ******* son.
McGregor
AG
Not if he's dead. Plus, we already seen two ******** anointed, or offered to be, into the family.
Stive
AG
That's not the way this game is played.

If all of the Baratheons (Stannis, His daughter, Roberts fake kids, etc) are dead and Gendry is the only one alive, what makes you think anyone is going to let Gendry live? The biggest power player still standing will nuke him with wild fire in 2 seconds flat.

You have to have armies, you have to have alliances, you have to be married to the right people, you have to be ruthless, you have to have money...... Gendry has NONE of that....

And that's all assuming he's not still paddling around the ocean in a rowboat.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
quote:
It won't matter though because he's still a *******.

Stannis has more of a claim as Roberts brother than Gendry does as his ******* son.

However, couldn't someone grant him a lordship and his families name? Ramsey Bolton just had this done and Jon Snow was offered.

Apparently, being a ******* doesn't mean that you can never succeed as an heir.

I hadn't thought about that before. Maybe they are setting something like this up. However, it is going to be a while I would guess and more people than Ned Stark are going to have to know.
Sex Panther
AG
You will never see Gendry again
YellowPot_97
AG
Why is everyone so stuck in Gendry?? Robert was known for whoring all over Westeros and probably has dozens of *******s all over. What would make Gendry so special? He was just a piece to be used in the game and won't be seen or heard again. Let him go.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
quote:
Why is everyone so stuck in Gendry?? Robert was known for whoring all over Westeros and probably has dozens of *******s all over. What would make Gendry so special? He was just a piece to be used in the game and won't be seen or heard again. Let him go.
I'm not hung up on Gendry, but he may be the last of Robert's heirs due to a purge of all the brown headed boys that occurred in Season 1 or 2. Not saying that there aren't more but he did escape and people know that he is Robert Baratheon's *******.
McGregor
AG
I'm not saying we will or will not. The way the game is played? Heck, they move the goalposts every time someone scores. The rules would haver never had John Snow where he is now. I think at some point somebody will figure out how to smoke the Red chick and its game on with Stannis.

Farmer1906
AG
quote:

Has? DId you miss seaosn 2?
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
The rules would haver never had John Snow where he is now.

Why not? He's a Night's Watchmen, not a Lord.

Doesn't matter that he's a *******. And even though he's a Snow he's still Ned Stark's kid.

But seriously, Gendry is done. He's not going to be king. That's silly.
Trident 88
AG
They're only planning 2 more seasons after this one, and there are far too many major characters/stories to see through to any kind of satisfying end as it is. So, there is no f'ing way Gendry is going to reappear unless the very last scene has him finally rowing ashore in Westeros after everyone else is killed in a mammoth battle between:
  • Stannis' army
  • White walkers and wights (after they destroy the Night's Watch)
  • Sansa, Bran, Jon and the Northmen
  • Dany's dragons + Unsullied and mercenaries
  • The Dornish
  • Lannister and Tyrell army
Did I miss anyone?
TX_AG_10
AG
Arya
Trident 88
AG
Arya becomes Gendry's Hand.
mazzag
AG
The lannisters are broke. I doubt Bolton knows this but little finger does. And I doubt cersi knows that he knows. Stannis wanted the north to rally for him thru Jon, but little finger beat him to it by marrying Sansa to Ramsey. He's very clever.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If I remember correctly, before the season started someone pointed out that the poster looked like it had photoshopped a still of Tyrion in court with his hands bound in front of him.

I guess now we know why his hands are bound. Looking like Jorah and Tyrion will run into Drogon before landing at Mereen.
Stive
AG
Or maybe the image of the dragon is symbolism for Dany. She's the dragon and Tyrion is being taken before her.

jbanda
AG
I'm not sure the show runners get that existential. I'd love to see Tyrion freak out at the sight of a dragon.
Quinn
AG
quote:
Or maybe the image of the dragon is symbolism for Dany. She's the dragon and Tyrion is being taken before her.

easttexasaggie04
AG
Am I the only one that likes the new inbred King? I hope he tells his mom to go to hell again and gets his new Queen in check. How big is his army compared to the army that Stannis has?
Sex Panther
AG
The real question is what is Ser Pounce plotting?

He's been awfully quiet, and you just know he's up to something...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tommen is banging Margery at age 15.
S.A.Aggie2006
AG
quote:
Am I the only one that likes the new inbred King? I hope he tells his mom to go to hell again and gets his new Queen in check. How big is his army compared to the army that Stannis has?
Very big. He has Thousands and thousands of men at his disposal from the Tyrell's and Kevan at Casterly Rock. Not to mention a couple thousand in the City Watch, and a couple thousand from the Frey's. Stannis only poses a threat if he convince the North AND the Vale to rally to his cause. Without them, his only hope is a break between the Tyrells and Lannisters.
TX_AG_10
AG
quote:
The real question is what is Ser Pounce plotting?

He's been awfully quiet, and you just know he's up to something...
I admittedly had to look up this character!
InternetFan02
AG
quote:
quote:
Very big. He has Thousands and thousands of men at his disposal from the Tyrell's and Kevan at Casterly Rock. Not to mention a couple thousand in the City Watch, and a couple thousand from the Frey's. Stannis only poses a threat if he convince the North AND the Vale to rally to his cause. Without them, his only hope is a break between the Tyrells and Lannisters.
can someone refresh us on where the Frey's loyalty rests right now? Will they play a role this season? Do they support the Lannisters or the Boltons?

Frey status:
-they control the Twins which is the only way an army can pass by land between the North and the rest of Westeros (Stannis sailed around to the Wall). Robb Stark claimed he needed their Bannermen to continue attacking the Lannisters which led to the Red Wedding

-they still have an undelivered promise of marrying Arya Stark to a Frey son? Could be used for later negotiations with Sansa?

-they have one of the Tully's held captive since the Red Wedding

-they originally pledged loyalty to Robb Stark and allowed him to pass through the Twins in exchange for the marriage pledges but later changed over to Tywin Lannister before the Red Wedding as they saw the Lannisters had the strategic advantage over the Starks and Robb had broken the marriage pledge

-Roose Bolton married a Frey daughter a long time ago and helped broker the Red Wedding, giving himself the opportunity to seize the North.
MaroonStain
AG
There will be two armies: 1) The Others ("white walkers and wights", etc) and 2) everyone else left in Westeros as mentioned in the above post. The dragons will be needed to defeat the Others army.
S.A.Aggie2006
AG
I would think the Frey's are allies of both the Bolton's and Lannisters. They are not major players, but like you said control a strategic location. I would imagine if Stannis rallies the North and kills the Boltons he would ask the Lannisters to come to his aid as there is no way a man like Stannis would offer an alliance with someone who killed his own guests at a wedding, especially if he had the North and the Vale. Rob had no other choice but offer an alliance with the Frey's since he did not have enough manpower to successfully continue the war. Think Hannibal during the 2nd Punic War. Rob won all of his battles but never had enough troops to seriously threaten Kings Landing.

Stannis was able to attack KL at the Battle of the Blackwater bc he had several thousand men from Renly's force who came over to his side once he died.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SIAP.
Rocagnante
AG
Arya was promised to a Frey? I don't remember that.
Nagler
AG
Bravo to the above post, I think I watched it for about 20 minutes.

Was it ever discussed here why the Woman in Red asked John Snow if he was a virgin on the way up to the top of the wall? She replied "Good" when he said no. Surely she wasn't just being nosy.
Stive
AG
When Cat first negotiated with Frey in Season 1 for Frey to let Robb pass through the Twins (Frey's tower/bridge thing) part of the deal was that Robb had to marry a Frey girl and Arya was to be married to a Frey boy down the line when she's old enough.

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
When Cat first negotiated with Frey in Season 1 for Frey to let Robb pass through the Twins (Frey's tower/bridge thing) part of the deal was that Robb had to marry a Frey girl and Arya was to be married to a Frey boy down the line when she's old enough.

I'm not a lawyer specializing in Westerosi Marriage Law, but I'm pretty sure that has been nullified.
boogieman
AG
Agreed. That **** wouldn't hold up in Westeros court.
Stive
AG
No **** Sherlock. I was just answering the guys questions since he forgot about that arrangement.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
No **** Sherlock. I was just answering the guys questions since he forgot about that arrangement.

Objection!
redline248
AG
quote:
-they still have an undelivered promise of marrying Arya Stark to a Frey son? Could be used for later negotiations with Sansa?
As discussed, I'm pretty sure they can kiss that marriage pledge goodbye.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.