***** Game of Thrones: Season 5 (TV SHOW ONLY) ***** [STAFF WARNING ON OP]

578,315 Views | 3110 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Debt
chipotle
How long do you want to ignore this user?

ERMAGERD! GAME OF THRONE HERPES!
mattvswild
AG
Shorter GRRM:
quote:
she's going to die
HTH.

Note: I haven't read the books and I don't know, I'm just not surprised by this show anymore. Basically, my attitude is this - the more unlikely the event in a "traditional" story, the more likely the event in Game of Thrones.
BarryProfit
I'm glad you guys don't think I'm crazy, my buddies thought I was way off to think there might be a problem.
reb,
AG
Went back and took a screenshot. Occurs at the 47:51 mark. No gloves and infection site is clearly covered up well in a leather bracer. Khaleesi should be g2g.

side note: holy balls the hbogo web streaming sucks balls, until now I've always watched by using the HBOGO app on my phone and sending it to my TV via chromecast.
BarryProfit
Regardless as to if she's ok or not, she's gonna be pissed when she finds out that he's sick and still came back.
HtownAg92
AG
1. F Stannis. He's dead to me. I hope that he kills Bolton, Reek kills Ramsey, then Stannis gets killed by Brienne.

2. Big ups to Allister for putting loyalty to the Lord Commander above everything else.

3. Ollie's stink eye to Jon Snow means that story isn't over.

4. Hope Dany does a victory lap and nukes every master's house from orbit. Only way to be sure.

5. After Hardhome and dragon riding, everything else - Winterfell, King's Landing / Cersei-Marge, Dorne, Braavos - seems pretty insignificant now. There are exactly 2 forces in the world with any legit power, and they will ultimately fight. Everyone else is just a temporary placeholder.
jtmoney03
AG
I think Dany is safe, as Jorah's greyscale is on the left side.

Objective Aggie
AG
Lol at you greyscale medical experts on this thread.
Kashchei
AG
Why are we supposed to give an eff about Ollie? He's what, 10? Shut up and follow orders.
PvL-Vorbeck07
AG
quote:
Why are we supposed to give an eff about Ollie? He's what, 10? Shut up and follow orders.
I know, i was thinking the same thing. Shut up and do as your told kid
DannyDuberstein
AG
We shouldn't give a F about Ollie, which is why the continued focus on his reaction means something is coming (I'm expecting him to attack Jon). Basically Chekhov's gun-ish.
Objective Aggie
AG
Brace yourselves, Ollie is coming.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
chipotle
Concerning Ollie, I imagine the worst will happen: Ollie will try to do what he think's is right (thanks a lot fat ass) and try to kill jon. Unfortunately he'll fail and given children on this show are clearly not safe, Jon will be forced to "deal" with him leaving himself will a lot less friends among the crows. Then him and Dany bang.
jtmoney03
AG
quote:
Lol at you greyscale medical experts on this thread.

It's possible he spread it to his right side, since he had his finger touching the sleeve that was covering it.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Concerning Ollie, I imagine the worst will happen: Ollie will try to do what he think's is right (thanks a lot fat ass) and try to kill jon. Unfortunately he'll fail and given children on this show are clearly not safe, Jon will be forced to "deal" with him leaving himself will a lot less friends among the crows. Then him and Dany bang.

children should never be safe.

It breeds complacency
BarryProfit
I find Ollie to be annoying, if he gets the sword I won't much care.
longhornhere55
quote:
Don't underestimate the young . . .

HtownAg92
AG
quote:
quote:

https://debravega.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/tommydarmody.png[/img]
[img]http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web03/2012/6/10/21/enhanced-buzz-27993-1339377917-6.jpg" />
drewbie08
AG
How do you post a flickr picture on here? I tried to share the url and it said it was invalid.

I am stupid with posting pictures.
chipotle
So he has one fewer child?
Objective Aggie
AG
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:

Still pissed...

Squirrel Master
AG
I guess I'm stonehearted. It's been obvious that Shireen was going to be sacrificed for a long time now. I guess you could be bothered by all the screaming, but it didn't really matter to me, I guess because it's been obvious for a long time and I've been awaiting how it would play out and how it would impact the story. Still waiting on that last part. I think there is a good chance that this all does backfire on Stannis and he'll have done all this for naught.
InternetFan02
AG
I agree that logically stannis reached the point where he had to sacrifice his daughter to move on. He was left with no choice after a series of decisions left him trapped in the North. All decisions he has made were in the interest and direction of obtaining the throne and he couldn't stray from that

However seems like they could have done more to make him not seem so cowardly as he tricked his daughter into it and sent Davos away. He needed to take ownership.

How it could have been better:

-admit to Davos that he needs to kill her. Then Davos likely either tries to intervene (and is killed) or leaves (and is marked for death as a deserter). Or maybe stannis shows mercy and lets him leave.

-tell Shireen what he's doing and why he's doing it. Tell her that he's fortunate she survived this long with the disease but now she needs to do her duty for the cause. Tell her that the Lord of Light is what saved her from greyscale death the first time (did we ever get confirmation on what actually cured her?). Take ownership of it and tell her how difficult the choice is directly. Don't trick her into it. That was the worst of it as she suddenly realized what was happening.
TLS11
AG
quote:
I agree that logically stannis reached the point where he had to sacrifice his daughter to move on. He was left with no choice after a series of decisions left him trapped in the North.

However seems like they could have done more to make him not seem so cowardly as he tricked his daughter into it and sent Davos away. He needed to take ownership.

How it could have been better:

-admit to Davos that he needs to kill her. Then Davos likely either tries to intervene (and is killed) or leaves (and is marked for death as a deserter). Or maybe stannis shows mercy and lets him leave.

-tell Shireen what he's doing and why he's doing it. Tell her that he's fortunate she survived this long with the disease but now she needs to do her duty for the cause. Tell her that the Lord of Light is what saved her from greyscale death the first time (did we ever get confirmation on what actually cured her?). Take ownership of it and tell her how difficult the choice is directly. Don't trick her into it. That was the worst of it as she suddenly realized what was happening.
Dr. Phil of Westeros
Independent George
AG
I agree he shouldn't have tricked her into of course however he brought ALL of this on himself.

He kept preaching on how he would only move forward and wouldn't turn back when he had the chance. Now he has to live with his decision that the throne is more important than his own daughter.

Stannis sucks but I'm not surprised how it all went down after watching for 5 seasons.
AJ02
AG
No way on hell Davos knew what Stannis was planning. He loves (loved) Shireen like his own child. If he went to the lengths he did to help Gendry escape, knowing Stannis could very likely kill him for it, no way would he just turn his back and let him kill Shireen.

But I also think that this is the last straw for Davos. Once he finds out, he turns his back on Stannis.
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:
No way on hell Davos knew what Stannis was planning. He loves (loved) Shireen like his own child. If he went to the lengths he did to help Gendry escape, knowing Stannis could very likely kill him for it, no way would he just turn his back and let him kill Shireen.

But I also think that this is the last straw for Davos. Once he finds out, he turns his back on Stannis.

Have you been watching? He saw the "birth". He saved Robert's btard. He watched the Red Priestess drink the poison. He saw her standing standing there in the snow.

Davos tried his hardest to bring Shireen with him. Deep down, he knew she wasn't going to survive his trip.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I guess I'm stonehearted.
Yep.
Sex Panther
AG
Guys, Davos clearly had a very, strong idea of what was going to happen to Shireen

Maybe not 100% certainty, but he knew
jamaggie06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:Why are we supposed to give an eff about Ollie? He's what, 10? Shut up and follow orders.

Still pissed...

Indeed.
Mathguy64
AG
Stannis better win with this move. If he doesn't, one way or the other he gets gutted from ******* to appetite.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
Guys, Davos clearly had a very, strong idea of what was going to happen to Shireen

Maybe not 100% certainty, but he knew
I'm going to repost from page 63: I don't buy Davos knowing. He simply wanted her away from danger. He said goodbye because he was leaving for awhile and they are in dangerous situations. Every goodbye could be the last. Davos wouldn't sit by and let her die if he didn't let them kill Gendry.

What about Davos's past actions and behaviors makes sense with him leaving Shireen? He does what he thinks is right even if it means his death (staying loyal to Stannis when picked up off the rock after the battle of the Blackwater when asked which king he supports, freeing Gendry and confessing to it, never telling Stannis what he wants to hear, etc.). The above makes more sense.
Joan Wilder
AG
I told my husband that if Ollie goes all Kenard on Jon I'm going to be pissed. I forgot he was only through season 4 of the Wire. Oops.

Greenwald's recap on Grantland is pretty good today.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.