***Official Game of Thrones: Season 4 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

207,059 Views | 2149 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Twelfthman
Thomas Ford 91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That Ned dream sequences my favorite dialogue in the books
cledus6150
AG
Yeah that would be a pretty epic episode if they did that.
MW03
AG
Uh, Season 5 is filming....

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/07/23/signs-point-game-thrones-season-5-filming-underway/

And look where they're shooting...
Al Bula
AG
quote:
Uh, Season 5 is filming....

http://winteriscoming.net/2014/07/23/signs-point-game-thrones-season-5-filming-underway/

And look where they're shooting...
OMG WTF

Take it to the ***Official Game of Thrones: Season 5 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)*** thread, jerkface!!!

[This message has been edited by 3rdCoastAg (edited 7/23/2014 3:52p).]
MW03
AG
I actually searched and couldn't find one...
Fat Bib Fortuna
What do the Starks tell people when Winter is actually here?

"I realize Winter is here, but after it's over, Winter is coming."
Al Bula
AG
twas a joke, mw
MW03
AG
Man, I thought I had dropped the mother of all spoilers and had to check the thread title about 10 times to make sure I hadn't ruined the world.

OnlyForNow
AG
ToJ!!!
LawAg05
AG
mid90
AG
That looks awesome.

But, isn't the Tower of Joy in Dorne? I'd imagined a very desolate area surrounding the ToJ.
Fat Bib Fortuna
I would imagine digital technology or just other backgrounds would be used around the ToJ to make it look like it was in the Red Mountains of Dorne.

MW03
AG
It doesn't have to be the TOJ, I suppose. Could be where Sam studies.

I want to believe, though.
Marsh
AG
Stolen from Reddit, but I completely agree:

quote:
My first thought was oldtown, not tower of joy.
First, Tower of Joy is in Dorne. This looks the opposite of dornish.
The Tower of Joy[1] or tower of joy[2] was a round tower in the northern edge of the Red Mountains of Dorne.[2] It lay in the Prince's Pass,[3] with Kingsgrave to the south and Nightsong to the north.[4]
The Hightower is a castle and lighthouse in the port of Oldtown atop Battle Island. It is the seat of House Hightower, one of the most powerful families of the Reach.[1] According to a semi-canon source, the Hightower stands in the center of Oldtown, the city having grown around it. It is a massive stepped tower with a beacon on top to guide ships into port. It is one of the tallest structures in the Seven Kingdoms.[2] It is speculated by fans that it is one of the nine Wonders Made by Man written about by Lomas Longstrider.[3]

Not to mention Sean Bean has said he wants to come back to GoT for a flashback, but hasn't got the call yet. (http://winteriscoming.net/2014/07/18/sean-bean-wants-return-game-thrones/)

Then again, you never know!
OnlyForNow
AG
After initial excitement and reading that I still hold out hope of toj but thing it might be Hightower as well.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
I've always thought Hightower is a lot taller than that. Lots of places in HBO GoT are taller than that. And, it would seem easier to CGI a red mountain environment instead of water. They'll find a location near water to shoot Hightower.

The link says the tower is closed due to water damage. So, I think they are using it for exterior shots only.

I instantly thought it was the ToJ, despite the squareness. It screams ToJ.

I'm a little excited about this.
Twelfthman
AG
Artist's portrayal of Tower of Joy

I think there's a possibility that it is the tower of joy, but then again, it's a big world. It could also be a fairly unimportant place.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.