***Official Game of Thrones: Season 4 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

207,055 Views | 2149 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Twelfthman
Baskin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ah, so that's where those extra few minutes from this week's episode went!
aggie93
AG
From the Wiki for casting for Season 4:

quote:
Octavia Alexandru as the Child of the Forest

I expect "The Children" to have multiple meanings. Tyrion doing the deed. COTF. Maybe Arya heading for Braavos. Perhaps Lady Stoneheart.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
I expect "The Children" to have multiple meanings. Tyrion doing the deed. COTF. Maybe Arya heading for Braavos. Perhaps Lady Stoneheart

Agreed. I like that they sometimes make the titles obvious and at other times more ambiguous so that you aren't sure if one or multiple characters/events are being referenced. I hope and assume that the CoTF will be the main reference though. I also wouldn't mind the season ending with Dany chaining her dragons (besides Drogon) after he supposedly kills the child. That would be another nice talking point for the wait until next season.
The Dog Lord
AG
Has anyone seen this casting choice yet? It just has him listed as voice of Three-Eyed Raven. Struan Rodger.
The Dog Lord
AG
DP

[This message has been edited by The Dog Lord (edited 5/13/2014 4:04p).]
JJxvi
AG
Chekhovs Gun was just mentioned on the nonspoiler thread, presumably by someone unfamiliar with Quentyn Martell.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
"Voice of"...interesting. I thought bloodraven was basically humanoid
Al Bula
AG
Genius. From reddit... Who will champion Tyrion?

rhutton125
AG
Are we 100% certain that we get the WHOLE wildling attack by the end of S4?

As I recall (and I may be wrong), Ygritte and the wall-climbers attack from the south, but a little while later Mance attacks from the north. That leads to a few chapters of arrow-shooting from atop the walls, Mance parlaying with Jon and revealing that he has the Horn, and then finally Stannis arriving to save the day.

I feel like we'll get the Ygritte attack but save the rest of the wildlings and Stannis for next season... but someone said they saw a giant smash a gate, too. So perhaps I'm wrong on this.

But to me, it would make sense to have the season cliffhanger be Mance's "biggest fire the north has ever seen" arrive at the gates, and save something interesting for next season.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
I feel like we'll get the Ygritte attack but save the rest of the wildlings and Stannis for next season... but someone said they saw a giant smash a gate, too. So perhaps I'm wrong on this.

Yeah there is a preview with a giant smashing a gate under the wall. I guess it will depend on how fast that story progresses over the next few episodes. They may just decide to do it all at once.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
I'm convinced we will. Especially with the name of the episode and who is directing the episode, it will be a "big battle", and not just some small skirmish by a raiding party prior to the big battle.
The Debt
Anyone watch Conan last night GRRM wss on.

He said the show makers kill off characters still alive in the books. Who the hell is he talking about?
LawAg05
AG
I would guess Robb's wife.

Here is the video for those that missed it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuaqKdA7VjA
aggie93
AG
Xharo Xoan Daxos, Mago(killed by Drogo in Season 1 but alive in the books), Robb's wife, Marillon wasn't killed but he had his tongue cut off and won't be doing anything in the Eyrie, all 3 of Dany's original handmaidens (only one is dead in the books and she died in a different way).

I'm sure there are others but they are mainly minor characters.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Re-watching last episode, I think they foreshadowed what's going to happen with Arya and the Hound.

Tywin asks what it would take to get the common soldiers to go after the Hound and ups the reward for him to 100 stags. Common soldiers probably don't make jack squat in wages, so if 15-20 of them banded together and killed the Hound, they could each come away with a slice of the 100 stags, particularly if he kills a few of them and the rest get a bigger piece of the reward.

So somewhere along the way, Hound/Arya get ambushed by guys out hunting for him. After mocking Syrio Forel in a few episodes ago, Hound basically pulls the same stunt, telling Arya to run while he takes on the impossible odds.

She escapes (to the town where she boards the ship across the Narrow Sea), and we cut away from the action before we actually see him die, leaving his story open-ended, as in the books.

In an alternate plot, it would be hilarious to have them approaching the Eyrie on horseback and Arya thinking "I'm almost free" just as Lysa's body comes hurtling down from the Moon Door to smash against the rocks at the bottom of the mountain.

[This message has been edited by MuckRaker96 (edited 5/14/2014 10:28a).]
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
Also rakharo, I think. And one of the post-Drogo khals
MSCAg
AG
Technically the show had a different person be Robb's wife, so maybe that shouldn't count as killing her off?

Have to admit, her getting stabbed in the gut was the most visually disturbing thing for me in the show.
redline248
AG
Imagining that scene of Lysa going splat in front of Arya and the hound...
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
Imagining that scene of Lysa going splat in front of Arya and the hound...

ah....sh**

BillOnCapitolHill
I just had the craziest idea. Arya is the Stranger. Wherever she goes death goes as well. The Stranger is also the god of outcasts. She isnt a lady in her bloodright, she is on the run, never welcomed anywhere she goes (except a city that is accepting of all aspects of gods). Even on the road the NWs got owned with her there.

So follow me for a second. How many Stark children? 5. And Mother and Father:

The Mother is for fertility (5 kids), compassion, and mercy (Jaime). Catelyn?

The Father is over concerned with justice, right and honor. Ned?

The Warrior is strength, courage and victory. Kinda like a son who never lost a battle...ahem

The Maiden is for innocence and chastity. Sansa was married to Tyrion, a world renown lecher, and retained her maidenhead. She is clearly innocent and without scheme.

The Crone is for wisdom, and is prayed to for guidance. Who knows Old Nan's stories the best and retells them constantly? Who becomes a GD tree people pray to for guidance?!?

The Stranger - already made the case for Arya

The Smith not only of crafts and building but also a fixer of what is broken (Catelyn prayed to Smith for Bran). Could Rickon reunite the North? Be the Stark in Winterfell when Jon sits in the Iron Throne?

mid90
AG
so does that make Jon Snow R'llor?
Zeke1995
The Dog Lord
AG
I love new tinfoil theories
redline248
AG
Bill on hill, that was pretty good.
LawAg05
AG
http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1tiyvj/spoilers_all_anybody_connect_the_starks_with_the/
redline248
AG
Lol Gotleb(?) and Newton
BillOnCapitolHill
Ok so its not "new". But I think I make the better case for for them than the Reddit OP, especially when it comes to the Smith.

One commenter ads to the Catelyn:mother idea of mercy if Brienne is still alive, which GRRM basically confirmed.
mid90
AG
quote:
Ok so its not "new". But I think I make the better case for for them than the Reddit OP, especially when it comes to the Smith.

One commenter ads to the Catelyn:mother idea of mercy if Brienne is still alive, which GRRM basically confirmed.

Umm was it ever in doubt that she was alive? She shows up in Jaime's last ADWD chapter.....
BillOnCapitolHill
OK then. Still catelyn portrays more mercy.
mid90
AG
Eh that remains to be seen

I want nothing more than for Lady Stoneheart to spare Jaime and Brienne and let them in on some secret plan for the good of the realm (or the Starks) that she's been concocting.

But I really have a hard time imagining Lady Stoneheart doing such a thing. All that we know of her so far is that she's bent on revenge. She only spared Brienne's life if she promised to bring Jaime to her. Who knows if she'll even honor that agreement.

Other than Catelyn/mercy, I really like your theory though.
mid90
AG
way better discussion than banks and fiat currency
redline248
AG
While I was sitting here debating how much mercy Cat had as a living person, I was struck by something.

If Bronn had lost the combat in the Eyrie, and Lysa had killed Tyrion, the Lannisters would have attacked her right? I assume LF would have been ok with this b/c they would likely have decimated their army trying to get up the mountain. However, in that instance I doubt he would have had the opportunity to marry her and take claim of her house/army like has happened. Interesting outcome to consider.
Apache
AG
Interesting theory Bill. If the Starks did not follow the old gods I might be inclined to believe it!
BillOnCapitolHill
Why does it matter who they worship? All gods are part of the One-God.

Jon doesnt know shtt about R'hllor, he has followed the Old Gods, but theories making him AA dont cease.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
While I was sitting here debating how much mercy Cat had as a living person, I was struck by something.

If Bronn had lost the combat in the Eyrie, and Lysa had killed Tyrion, the Lannisters would have attacked her right? I assume LF would have been ok with this b/c they would likely have decimated their army trying to get up the mountain. However, in that instance I doubt he would have had the opportunity to marry her and take claim of her house/army like has happened. Interesting outcome to consider.
you're assuming LF had the same purpose if this would have come to pass. MOOT.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.