***Official Game of Thrones: Season 4 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

207,051 Views | 2149 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Twelfthman
mid90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
wait what?

He's referring to the maester/apprentice that was killed and then impersonated in the prologue of AFfC. Pate i think? i think most assume it to be Jaqen Ha'gar.

Wow. I definitely missed that on my read through....
mid90
AG
Wonder what jaqen was doing in king's landing I'm the first place
redline248
AG
As do we all.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
quote:
Wow. I definitely missed that on my read through....

lol, It was probably one of the very few things i did pick up. Most of the soothe-seer/high heart/patchface prophecies i missed. thank the gods for this thread

quote:

Now you're askin the right ****in questions.....[/truedetective]
BTKAG97
AG
quote:

Common question.
BTKAG97
AG
Or better yet, how did his bad ass get locked up?
The Debt
Maybe he had to kill someone in the black cells...who knows who's sitting under there, except Varys.
mid90
AG
thanks for that map Quad Dog!
mid90
AG
quote:
Maybe he had to kill someone in the black cells...who knows who's sitting under there, except Varys.

Varys somehow used Jaqen to get someone to replace Ned Stark at the beheading = Ned not dead

(I know, I know. just let me dream)
The Debt
Could you imagine if there was a Targaryen or other prominent family member suspected dead rotting away down there?
OnlyForNow
AG
Ok so ya , I'm a moron and had forgotten that she breaks them out of the cell.

Still want to know what the heck he is doing there and who hired him. And who he was going to kill in the beginning .
The Debt
There must have been a target in the dungeons of Kings Landing. If he is ever "caught" he could simply change into an old lady from the Summer Isles and starting talking about the Loch Ness monster.
AggieSouth06
quote:
If he is ever "caught" he could simply change into an old lady from the Summer Isles and starting talking about the Loch Ness monster.

Tree fiddy.
RedbeardAG
AG
Are they skipping an episode for Easter this week?
redbaron788
AG
Not according to my dvr
mid90
AG
Bump for the new episode tonight!
RedbeardAG
AG
Lots of non book scenes tonight.
Kampfers
AG
Was the Jamie-Cersie sex in the books? If it was, I don't remember it being so rapey
BTKAG97
AG
Jamie didn't return to King's Landing until after the Purple Wedding. One of he first things he did was to see Cersei in the Sept where Jeoffery was being held. They had sex in the Sept, but Cersei was remorseful (or at least afraid of being caught) afterwards (Jamie, HB pgs 700-701).
JAggie2007
AG
Wasn't she also on her period?
Fat Bib Fortuna
Isn't she always?
JAggie2007
AG
Zing!
Fat Bib Fortuna
I was nostalgic for Strong Belwas when the fight of the champions commenced. Still dislike the new Daario, or as my wife calls him - Eric Bana with a beard - but at least he got some street cred for his handling of the champion.

Really enjoyed the conversation between Tywin and Tommen, and then Tywin and Oberyn. I can appreciate them making Tommen older and less of a dope than he is in the book. Love Tywin asking him if he knows how family lines are carried on and starting to tell him "It's pretty straight forward ..." as Jamie strolls in.

The closer-to-coming of age Tommen will make his dynamic with Margarey more interesting. Having a hot older girl who is going to be your wife whispering opinions in your ear that are contradictory to what your B* of a mother is shouting at you could definitely be distracting.

Thought Tyrion's love-fest with Podrick was a bit much at the end.
AgLaw
AG
quote:
Isn't she always?
redline248
AG
quote:
I was nostalgic for Strong Belwas when the fight of the champions commenced. Still dislike the new Daario, or as my wife calls him - Eric Bana with a beard - but at least he got some street cred for his handling of the champion.

I guess they have to make non-book fans love him before they hate him. That was a friggin awesome way to have him kill that champion. That whole last 6 mins was the best part of the episode. They are really doing an excellent job with Daenerys right now.
SoTXAg09
AG
Why? I've always hated Daario.
hunter2012
AG
Please don't tell me you nerds hope that Jorah ends up with Dany...

My only complaints regarding Daario:
-He doesn't have a blue beard
-They skipped Belwas as a character(not his fault but the champion fight scene was awesome the book)

That being said he's much better than the Daario in the 3rd season, this guy actually looks like he commands an army of sell swords...
redline248
AG
Hell no we don't want Dany with Jorah. F Jorah. Daario is a bad ass, but F him too. Dany is going to end up with no one. Jon Snow (if he's alive) will look like a squire to Dany when she compares him to Drogo, Jorah or Daario. Only chance he has is if her dragons follow his commands. Assuming she ever gets to Westeros.
MW03
AG
Ha. I've thought the Magnar looks like Eric Bana from Star Trek
redline248
AG
New Daario is Eric Bana as Hector in Troy.
Greeze06
AG
So what do yall think about the necklace and little finger crushing one stone and keeping it with Dontos?
Greeze06
AG
Double post

[This message has been edited by Greeze06 (edited 4/21/2014 7:49a).]
aggie93
AG
Def a catch your breath episode.

Highlight was the Dany/Daario scene at the end though as a book reader I agree it made me just miss Belwas all that much more. Making Daario into a cooler guy as opposed to a complete ****** is understandable from a TV perspective though and it was just a cool scene.

I didn't care for how they made the Jaime/Cersei thing feel like rape. That really shifts some perceptions of Jaime imo. Should have shown Cersei more willing like she is in the book.

The Arya/Hound stuff seemed heavy handed. I guess they have to come up with some new way for the Hound to get injured which still hasn't happened. Love how Arya has become such an easy liar though.

Magnar of Thenn is trying to compete with Ramsay Snow for most evil dude in the show and is making up ground fast. The thing I thought was most interesting though was showing Ygritte back in killer mode, will make it easier on viewers when she dies.

Liked how they handled the Sansa/LF stuff but I am less and less impressed with the LF actor in the show compared to many of the others. In the books he seems less straight up evil/sociopath.
mid90
AG
I really hated how Jorah ends up secretly being in love with Dany in the books. It seemed to come out of nowhere and it felt forced. So far there hasn't been any hint of that in the series, and I hope they keep it out.
aggie93
AG
There are hints of Jorah's feelings for Dany all over the show. It starts in Season 1 when Viserys comes out and says it openly to him. It was really poignant last season when Jorah had the "friend zone" moment after Yunkai.

I don't have an issue with it, it makes you understand Jorah far better and what his motivations are which have moved from wanting to go back home to simply being in love with Dany.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.