***Official Game of Thrones: Season 4 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

207,081 Views | 2149 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Twelfthman
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's seems pretty likely the Manderly force will turn on the Boltons.
MSCAg
AG
Its pretty obvious the Manderlys will turn on the Boltons, but Roose obviously doesn't trust them and didn't Lord Manderly get hurt scuffle with the Frays during a dinner.

The letter from Ramsey seems like a typical mind-fook. Besides, from the released Winds of Winter chapers, we know Stannis is still alive at some point.
bendover
than long pan of the battle scene was, I thought, just awesome.

I'm sure some hilarious gifs will come from it, as well.
bendover
And add me as another who cannot understand why book readers can't just keep their mouths shut on the non-spoiler thread.

We go through this every damn season. It's bizarre to me.
PMD03
AG
quote:
and didn't Lord Manderly get hurt scuffle with the Frays during a dinner.

A Frey slashed one of his chins. A fight broke out after a Frey boy got killed at Winterfell and they blamed the Manderlys. Some Manderlys, some Freys, and one of Ramsay's men are killed. It takes Roose Bolton to calm them.

This is located in Theon I ADWD.
PMD03
AG
quote:
Up until re-reading this, I really felt Stannis' situation was totally hopeless - snowbound, men dying left and right, and just exhausted from the cold. But now it seems like all the Manderlys have to do is turn on the Freys once the battle is joined, and whatever is left of Stannis' forces will then have new allies, massive intel on what the status of Winterfell is, etc.

I can even see them going as far as having a bunch of Stannis' men dress up in Frey armor and clothing and ride back into Winterfell with the Manderlys and start killing everyone, not to mention opening the gates for Stannis' army.

Thoughts?

Agreed. I see Manderly supporting Stannis. Manderly was a Ned Stark man. Despite Robb's failed ambition, the Starks, or at least Ned, supported Stannis.

I can't see Stannis disguising troops and sneaking in though. He seems too "proper" for that.
RDV-1992
Stannis assassinated his brother using blood magic. Proof that he is not too proper to use means other than a direct attack.
PMD03
AG
Yeah good point. Blood magic to shadow demon assassinate your kin is ok, yet he chopped off Davos' fingers for smuggling.
mid90
AG
one of the many reasons I hate that **** stannis
Fat Bib Fortuna
I wonder why Red doesn't just use shadow demon (that's a D&D 1980s cartoon shoutout) to kill Roose & Ramsay?
Zeke1995
AG
Melisandre is still back at the Wall, and I think Stannis wants to avoid any of his men grumbling that the victory was hers instead of his (same reason he took Melisandre to Storms' End, but left her behind to attack King's Landing).
Malachi Constant
AG
Who do we actually want on the Iron Throne?

Stannis seems like the best choice of all the dbs running around.

Jon Snow would be good but he's 'dead' right now.

Daenerys has the legitimate claim but she's proven herself to be a lousy administrator that couldn't even keep Mereen together.

Headless Ned would be ok.

Also, I simply cannot wait to hear "Wherever hoars go" on Sunday....
MSCAg
AG
I though Red said Stannis was took weak for her to do that stunt anymore.

Plus I Red stayed back because Stannis wasn't going to win over the North with the tree burner.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Think I'd rather have my men grumble then get my fleet destroyed.

I remember her saying he was too weak however, good point.

I hope they saved a few extra CGI dollars to make his cavalry charge against the wildings pretty epic.
Zeke1995
AG
I myself would somehow find the strength to make shadow babies with Carice van Houten/Melisandre.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
Gendry for the iron throne
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Jon + Daenerys on the throne.

uniting the Starks and Targaryens (plus the whole Jon=R+L thing) thus Ice and Fire.

Tyrion is the only remaining Lannister and makes a deal swearing fealty to the throne and gets to keep Casterly Rock his ancestral home and he and Brienne make babies together (lol).
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
I can even see them going as far as having a bunch of Stannis' men dress up in Frey armor and clothing and ride back into Winterfell with the Manderlys and start killing everyone, not to mention opening the gates for Stannis' army.

Thoughts?

I think that would be freakin awesome.

Stannis/Manderly/other North houses/possible Braavosi sellswords smash the Boltons at Winterfell and send the Frey's running south. I've long believed that Roose will die at the hands of Ramsey in some drunk on power fit of rage. Maybe Roose contemplating making peace with Stannis and the rest would push Ramsey over the edge.

Regardless, it would be "very GRRM" to make it appear that Stannis had finally turned this thing around only for them to get steamrolled by the White Walkers as they head south for the winter.
G Martin 87
AG
Are you saying White Walkers migrate?
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
I would absolutely hate it if dany and Jon ended up ruling together

Frankly I'd be disappointed if Dany doesn't bite the dust before the end
Quad Dog
AG
quote:
Who do we actually want on the Iron Throne?

Stannis seems like the best choice of all the dbs running around.

Jon Snow would be good but he's 'dead' right now.

Daenerys has the legitimate claim but she's proven herself to be a lousy administrator that couldn't even keep Mereen together.

Headless Ned would be ok.

I always think about the next generation. Stannis hasn't produced a living male heir yet. Dany can't produce a child unitl "When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east." So if either of those two take over, there will just be another war in a few years because of no clear heir.
The Debt
I'm gonna laugh my ass off if it's Sansa and Robyn.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quad - that wasn't about her bearing children...that was about khal Drogo and his coma state:

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."

it says nothing of her being unable to bear children currently. and i know of nothing that said that.
Fat Bib Fortuna
at the rate the white walkers leisurely stroll along, it'll be 25 years before they get to KL
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
^maybe they move faster in warmer weather - lol.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
Er, dany is definitely barren. That's canon
PMD03
AG
Tommen with more of Kevan's influence on him than Cersei or Margaery.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
quote:

Uhh...you sure you're in the right thread?
aggie93
AG
Maggie the Frog says it won't be Tommen or Myrcella.
mid90
AG
quote:
Er, dany is definitely barren. That's canon

SPOILER! WTF MAN WHY CAN'T PEOPLE NOT POST SPOILERS
mid90
AG
ooops wrong thread
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
^ i don't think thats true...that it is canon...

i think people speculate she is barren. but i've seen nothing saying she definitely is unable to have children.

in the show that Mirri Maz Duur might have said something along those lines, i cannot recall...but i'm not sure i'd take her word for it. I think Dany believes she is barren also - she believes that crazy witch lady - but I'm not sure that means it is so. To my knowledge in the books she had not had sex with anyone else until ADWD and her new husband. In the TV show she just had sex (aparently) with Daario.

Even if she was barren (due to the blood magic) it's also possible the fire cleansed her? We don't know. Or maybe she was reborn in the fire.

And it appears at the end of ADWD that she has a miscarriage near the end - she mentions its been a long time since her blood mooon (period) and it was a lot of blood and pain, etc....so if it was she can apparently conceive a child but maybe just had a miscarriage.

I don't think her being barren is canon in any way.

[This message has been edited by mchensel (edited 6/11/2014 4:40p).]
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
I don't think kevan well have much advice to give from here on out
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
mid - lol - yeah i have to check all the time right before i post if i'm in the right thread.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:

Uhh...you sure you're in the right thread?

Looks like he's answering the "who ya want on the throne" question. Maybe he forgot about that chapter with Kevan?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.