***Official Game of Thrones: Season 4 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

207,078 Views | 2149 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Twelfthman
jenn96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Margery IS married to Tommen.

[This message has been edited by Jenn96 (edited 4/23/2014 7:00p).]
jenn96
AG
I wonder if the reason for having Tommem be older on the show is so that there can be some ambiguity about their marriage being consummated? Probably not, he's older but still a kid, but in the books there's no question that it couldn't happen. With a 12 year old Tommen on the show it might be possible. Gross and squicky but possible, and the producers definitely seem to like gross and squicky sex.
mid90
AG
quote:
There are plenty of people out there with Targ blood. Dany obviously but also Stannis (the rightful king)

....I'm not following this train of thought
jenn96
AG
The Baratheon boys are part Targ - their grandmother, I believe. It was part of the reason why Robert had the best claim to the throne after the rebellion.
Malachi Constant
AG
The Baratheons have targ blood from a long time ago but I can't remember the specifics. Somebody was married to somebody yadda yadda
Twelfthman
AG
Robert's grandmother was a Targaryen. Basically, him and Rhaegar were second cousins. At the time he became king, he had the second best claim to the throne anyways, behind Viserys (taking into account Aegon's apparent death). Stannis had the best claim after Robert's death, with both Joff and Tommen being *******s born of incest. House Baratheon, I think, was originally a house built from a Targaryen ******* to begin with, and is only one of 2 houses that had multiple marriages to Targaryens, the other being the Martells of Dorne.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
Robert's grandmother was a Targaryen. Basically, him and Rhaegar were second cousins. At the time he became king, he had the second best claim to the throne anyways, behind Viserys (taking into account Aegon's apparent death). Stannis had the best claim after Robert's death, with both Joff and Tommen being *******s born of incest. House Baratheon, I think, was originally a house built from a Targaryen ******* to begin with, and is only one of 2 houses that had multiple marriages to Targaryens, the other being the Martells of Dorne.
this
Dr. Teeth
AG
Chuckled at Jaime's assurance to Tommen that he would keep him safe.

Yeah, this is king #3 that has died under your watch, a-hole... and one of them died at your hand.
The Dog Lord
AG
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/c/c6/House_Targaryen_Family_tree.jpg
Nice Targ family tree from AWOIAF showing that the original Baratheon was a Jon Snow-brother of Aegon the Conqueror.

[This message has been edited by The Dog Lord (edited 4/24/2014 11:13a).]
MSCAg
AG
quote:
Yeah, this is king #3 that has died under your watch, a-hole... and one of them died at your hand.

"Yeah, but they were all bad." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Fat Bib Fortuna
The fact that there is a picture of the most recent Aegon on that family tree makes me more willing to believe he's not a fake.

I bet Robert Baratheon was pissed that they used a picture of him in his fat years for his official portrait.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
The fact that there is a picture of the most recent Aegon on that family tree makes me more willing to believe he's not a fake.

There's no disputing he had a son named Aegon, but the choice to include a teens/20-somethings picture there is an interesting choice.
BillOnCapitolHill
So Aegon is the rightful heir. His father was first born of the Mad King.

Robert's only claim was that Viserys fled (and Aerys, Rhaegar and Aegon were dead)
hunter2012
AG
I never knew that Robert had legitimate claim to the throne, I thought it was one of those,"well I've rebelled against the monarch, might as well crown myself..."
BillOnCapitolHill
I need to read up on the Blackfrye Rebellion.

Daeron the Young dies, then so does his younger brother Baelor, so it jumps to the uncle Viserys II, and then it goes to Aegon IV, who makes Robert look like the Great Septon. Aegon tries to legitimize his 2nd Son (2nd wife).

[This message has been edited by BillOnCapitolHill (edited 4/24/2014 12:09p).]
BillOnCapitolHill
I didnt want to post this Blazig Saddles mashup on the nonspoiler thread:

Qavo: Well, Tyrion, since you are my guest and I am your host, what's your pleasure? What do you like to do?

Tyrion: Oh, I don't know. Play cyvasse... screw...

Qavo: Well, let's play cyvasse.
Thunder18
AG
Hah! I almost posted that same exchange (minus the name changes)

[This message has been edited by thunder18 (edited 4/24/2014 12:55p).]
BillOnCapitolHill
They really havent introduced the game in show yet so im not sure it will land...

BTW, GRRM better come up with some rules to that game quick because people will want to buy it once they introduce it.
MSCAg
AG
quote:
I never knew that Robert had legitimate claim to the throne, I thought it was one of those,"well I've rebelled against the monarch, might as well crown myself..."
In the first book, Ned discusses (or thinks) upon the fact he supported Robert taking the throne because he had the strongest claim in terms of bloodlines.

Jamie mentions that people wondered when they saw he had killed the Mad King, if Jamie was going to try and claim the throne for his father and Jamie was said (I think) he sat on the throne just to see who would come and claim it.
MSCAg
AG
You know somebody will throw some money at Martin to make a cyvasse game.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
Aegon IV, who makes Robert look like the Great Septon. Aegon tries to legitimize his 2nd Son (2nd wife).
Yep Aegon IV believed Daeron II was not his son, but his brother's son (Aemon the Dragonknight). Thus starts the Blackfyre Rebellion. Great stuff.
aggie93
AG
Aegon IV was also banging his cousin Daena who was the former sister wife of Baelor I and Daemon Blackfyre was the result, when he gave the family sword (Blackfyre) to Daemon and legitimized him while there was doubt as to his son Daeron II's legitimacy because it was thought his wife was banging Aemon the Dragonknight is what fueled the beginning of the Blackfyre rebellion.

SoTXAg09
AG
On a lighter note, this is from last year, but I hadn't seen it until today. Bad Lip Reading presents Medieval Land Fun-Time World...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Krz-dyD-UQ&sns=em
marble rye
AG
quote:
Dany's mom Rhaella died from childbirth too...

Dany
Tyrion
Jon Snow

All three killed their birthmothers. They will be the final 3. All 3 are Targs.
The Debt
If Griff is the true born son of rheagar what will stannis do when he finds out?

Stannis' claim is legitimate because everyone ahead of Robert were killed in the war. If that ceases to be the case, will he meltdown?
marble rye
AG
And before anyone asks...Lyanna Stark is JS' s mother. Ned brought him back bc both parents were dead.

quote:
Lyanna died in a room that smelled of "blood and roses". A fever had taken her strength. Her voice had been faint as a whisper. There was fear in her eyes, while she called for "Ned" to promise her something. When her brother gave his word, the fear left her. She smiled, and her fingers clutched his own in a tight grip.

Smell of blood from childbirth.
Al Bula
AG
So many questions to wrap up in the last two books. Damn GRRM for not writing these in a timely manner. Since ASOIAF has stretched out over 18 years to date, people have more than likely figured our the remainder of the plot.

I don't see how Jon Snow can be anyone but Lyanna and Rhaegar's kid. In my opinion it's more likely Jaime and Cersei are Aerys' *******s than Tyrion, but I would prefer all three to be true Lannisters since the basterd trope already feels so overdone by GRRM.
aggie93
AG
Actually a decent argument can be made that Ashara Dayne is the mother of Jon Snow as well. I think everyone just wants it to be R+L=J because it makes a lot more sense for why Jon Snow has been such a pivotal character.
SoTXAg09
AG
quote:
Actually a decent argument can be made that Ashara Dayne is the mother of Jon Snow as well. I think everyone just wants it to be R+L=J because it makes a lot more sense for why Jon Snow has been such a pivotal character.

It could be made, but then Ned would have had to soil that honor that he loved so much.
aggie93
AG
Sure, but Ashara Dayne is the only woman besides Cat that Ned is shown to have desired and she killed herself (supposedly) after Ned returned the family sword to her.

Personally I think R+L=J is true and Ashara Dayne is actually the Septa that is with Aegon.
hunter2012
AG
You know there's one thing GRRM could do that would secure his place of infamy in fantasy liturature... Have the Others win...
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
quote:
Dany's mom Rhaella died from childbirth too...

Dany
Tyrion
Jon Snow

All three killed their birthmothers. They will be the final 3. All 3 are Targs.

A side observation -- death during childbirth was not uncommon in medieval societies. By itself, it isn't proof of anything except the poor quality of healthcare in Westeros.
mid90
AG
Ashara Dayne as the septa? That's intriguing
BillOnCapitolHill
quote:
You know there's one thing GRRM could do that would secure his place of infamy in fantasy liturature... Have the Others win...

If it came down to ice and fire, I dont understand how dragons could destroy the world. WW's however could kill everything.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
quote:

Hells. Yes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.