***Official Game of Thrones: Season 4 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

207,056 Views | 2149 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Twelfthman
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Robb' dwarf had a mask on the entire time. Like in the books, no idea it was a girl until they met in Volantis

Great observation, we'll likely won't know til next season.
redline248
AG
Was there still a mask on when the wolf head was knocked off?
AggieEE
AG
Finally that little **** is dead.
H.E. Pennypacker
AG
The TV show is going to have to cut a lot of material from the books they are currently portraying. I assume we'll never see Tyrion on a pig, but I oils be wrong.
hunter2012
AG
Something else i completely forgot about, when will we see Tyrion's epiphany that it was Joffery that sent the assassin with the Valyrian knife(thus set everything in motion)? This was a major event in the book and it kept Tyrion on edge throughout the wedding.
SlimM
AG
quote:
Absolute awesomeness from the script writers(was it in the book?)

GRRM was the writer of this episode!
OnlyForNow
AG
Robb's dwarf had something that made their head look like a bloody stump, after the wolf head came off. We never see the face of that dwarf.
redbaron788
AG
Yeah the dragonbone dagger doesn't seem like it will be brought up again. Suppose they didn't need yet another reason for people to hate him but still, they could have kept it in
The Debt
Im starting to be convinced that Melisandre is evil. The explanation the princess about Light and Dark. That BS she gave Davos about shadows being at the command of the Light is bull.

If that is true Jon is SOL.
Urban Ag
AG
So I have begun to put more stock in the series foreshadowing coming events in Winds of Winter and even a Dream of Spring it is ever written.

Sometime ago I posted my "bold prediction" that Jamie would father a son with Brienne, and she would become the Lady Regent of Casterly Rock, at some point. After Cercei grilling Brienne about whether she loved Jaimie and her reaction/inability to answer, I am even more convinced that the Kingslayer and the Beauty of Tarth are going to get it on.
aggie93
AG
Easy enough to still into Penny in later. Makes sense they wouldn't cast the role for just that one scene this season, better to save the money/trouble and cast it next year. The only dwarf that was mildly recognizable was the one playing Joff anyway so that still leaves 3.
redline248
AG
Urban, yeah it's always interesting when the show hits you right in the face with something.
Urban Ag
AG
also thought the dragon over King's Landing in Bran's vision was provocative. It was only one shadow, which may mean nothing. But a dragon is going to fly over Westeros again. Thinking of that, the Iron Throne was covered in snow as well. Maybe the Others make it all the way to King's Landing and that is where the final confrontation will be, Dragons vs. Others.
mid90
AG
quote:
also thought the dragon over King's Landing in Bran's vision was provocative. It was only one shadow, which may mean nothing. But a dragon is going to fly over Westeros again. Thinking of that, the Iron Throne was covered in snow as well. Maybe the Others make it all the way to King's Landing and that is where the final confrontation will be, Dragons vs. Others.

Some of those scenes from Bran's vision were in the past, so maybe the dragon flyover was during the height of Targaryen rule?
El Chupacabra
Is this spoiler thread for all of the books or only up through the current book? I've got a question on something that happens soon.
redline248
AG
quote:

Remember, Bran also saw his dad sharpening the sword as in the first episode, so some of his visions were of the past. The dragon shadow could have been in the past, too. Also, I think the snow over the iron throne probably links up somehow with Dany's vision from the Houses of the Undying. That is probably a good hint that Winter is, in fact, coming to King's Landing.
mid90
AG
For those who don't know.....

Cushing Library is GRRM's official repository, meaning that he sends anything and everything of his he wants to store to Texas A&M, and we keep it at Cushing.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Thrones-author-s-writings-find-an-unlikely-home-5398380.php?t=bfe5a4b0cb

Cushing recently closed a Game of Thrones exhibit, which included items ranging from original manuscripts, to weapon replicas, to full detailed maps of the Westeros, Essos, and beyond, etc. etc. etc.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Is this spoiler thread for all of the books or only up through the current book? I've got a question on something that happens soon.

This is the spoiler thread so conceivably it's for all the released books and even the individual chapters GRRM releases until Winds of Winter comes out.

Basically you can't complain about spoilers in the spoiler thread, so if something gets ruined for you it's you're fault for not being up to date.

[This message has been edited by hunter2012 (edited 4/14/2014 11:21a).]
redline248
AG
I need a refresher: Did Sam and Gilly meet Coldhands in the show? Is Bran ever going to meet him?
hunter2012
AG
No but the 3 eyed raven helped Sam and Gilly(having all his ravens draw Sam outside when the white walker came)

Supposedly we're supposed to meet Coldhands, but he's really just a wight that serves the 3 eyed raven(or blood raven if you prefer)

[This message has been edited by hunter2012 (edited 4/14/2014 11:52a).]
Kampfers
AG
Yes this is an all-spoiler thread, but I'd prefer TWOW chapter spoilers to be marked for those of us who have chosen not to read the previews.
JJxvi
AG
Weird things again: Cersei's antagonism toward Pycelle, who is a key witness against Tyrion in the books. Jaime now attends the purple wedding, witnesses the events that make everyone else thinks Tyrion did it and Joff dies in his arms too and he's gonna let Tyrion go? GTFO.

[This message has been edited by Jjxvi (edited 4/14/2014 12:36p).]
redline248
AG
Good point about Jaime being there, unless he just flat believes Tyrion. Maybe in the show T doesn't tell Jaime he did it.

I think they just wanted to show cersei as a b_tch. Pycelle isn't that important to the trial, imo.
El Chupacabra
SPOILER BELOW

Didn't watch this seasons episodes yet but read the books a couple years ago and can't remember. Who poisoned Joffrey and who eventually killed Tywin (was it Tyrion)?
Capitol Ag
AG
quote:
Good point about Jaime being there, unless he just flat believes Tyrion. Maybe in the show T doesn't tell Jaime he did it.

That is what I am assuming. Jaime believes Tyrion...

***************SPOILER***********************

quote:
Didn't watch this seasons episodes yet but read the books a couple years ago and can't remember. Who poisoned Joffrey and who eventually killed Tywin (was it Tyrion)?

Yes, Tyrion does kill Tywin. And it was Margaery's granny that offed Joff, as mentioned above....

[This message has been edited by Capitol Ag (edited 4/14/2014 1:16p).]
AgDev01
AG
Petyr Baelish was in on the poisoning with Olenna
redline248
AG
Spoiler alerts on the spoiler thread
Capitol Ag
AG
quote:
Spoiler alerts on the spoiler thread

Well, just in case those that clicked the wrong thread have one more chance to turn away...
The Debt
Im with Kamp. I have not, and will not, read TWOW chapters that GRRM has leaked to various places. I am waiting for the book and I think those single chapters may not constitute as "spoilers" but with such limited knowledge of that content I think it could spoil the fun for someone who hasnt read it yet.

Its like if 500 people got a tweet from a minor actor that Lysa was dying tonight. Its not a spoiler to those that read, but for those that didnt read or was privy to the tweet, it kinda reveals too much.
mid90
AG
quote:
Im with Kamp. I have not, and will not, read TWOW chapters that GRRM has leaked to various places. I am waiting for the book and I think those single chapters may not constitute as "spoilers" but with such limited knowledge of that content I think it could spoil the fun for someone who hasnt read it yet.

Its like if 500 people got a tweet from a minor actor that Lysa was dying tonight. Its not a spoiler to those that read, but for those that didnt read or was privy to the tweet, it kinda reveals too much.

I haven't read all the leaked chapters, but the ones that I have read don't have any major plot implications, spoilers, nada. The chapters are simply logical continuations of where the POV characters were at the end of ADWD, meant to whet the whistle of the thirsty fan.
SouthTxAg 2012
AG
Have some of the major book theories (both plausible and crazy tinfoil) been talked about on this board?

Such as:
R + L = J
Great Northern Conspiracy
Reed is the new High Septon
Benjen is cold hands
Jaquan is Syrio
Benjen is Daario
Benjen is everyone
redline248
AG
Everything but this one. Jaquen as Syrio is interesting, but ultimately I think is not the case.

quote:
Benjen is Daario
G Martin 87
AG
Syrio is dead. He's not coming back. Even GRRM has been puzzled over the reluctance of fans to accept that.
mid90
AG
College Humor - Why GRRM Shouldn't Plan Your Wedding

quote:
How will the crossbowmen know when to slaughter the innocent?

\laughcry
redline248
AG
GRRM: You know what? You're not ready to get married

Woman:

GRRM:

[This message has been edited by redline248 (edited 4/14/2014 9:32p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.