***Official Game of Thrones: Season 4 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

207,082 Views | 2149 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Twelfthman
SoTXAg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm just saying... If someone had to guess where GRRM kept his archives, TAMU would definitely be towards the bottom of the list...
BigN--00
AG
I like the dead pool going on the other thread:

quote:
Round 1
Tyrion
Samwell
Shae
Ramsey Bolton
Jon Snow
Brienne

Round 2
Theon Greyjoy
The Hound
Tywin Lannister
Jorah Mormont
Missandei
Bronn

Round 3
Tormund Giantsbane
Stannis
Cersei
Daario Naharis
Gilly
Grey Worm

Round 4
Brann Stark
Jamie Lannister
Melisandre
Barriston Selmy
Margaery Tyrell
Davos Seaworth

Round 5
Varys
Ayra Stark
Peytr Balish
Sansa Stark
Hodor
Denaris Targaryen

G Martin 87
AG
Most likely a tie.

[This message has been edited by G Martin 87 (edited 6/13/2014 4:06p).]
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
I am one of the only readers in my friends group. They've all been asking me tons of questions about what happens. I've given them all a single response, regardless of the question:

"Where do wh0res go?"

Nice
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
I'm just saying... If someone had to guess where GRRM kept his archives, TAMU would definitely be towards the bottom of the list...

I doubt many people know we have an extensive sci-fi/fantasy archive, so why would it be high? I wouldn't even know where to begin when making a guess on where he keeps them if I didn't already know!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
just re-watched Wathers On the Wall...that was a damn good episode...i was so tense the first time, this time I was able to enjoy it more, lots of really cool subtle moments, attention to detail. it flew by on second viewing though.

ready for finale.

and then the second longest offseason begins, besides football...but i'm re-reading ADWD between Sunday and start of football season.

Saxsoon
AG
I am currently watching the latest episode and have finally caught up on the massive phenomenon of Game of Thrones. Still reading the third book (don't give a crap about spoilers . . . it was because of the Red Wedding/Purple Wedding memes that I started reading the books, they can be good sometimes!)
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Congrats and welcome. Hold onto your seat for tomorrow. Should be a great finale. If you are not done with 3rd book there will be some surprises for you unless you've already read thru this thread.
The Debt
I cant wait for the credits to role, they show Tywin and they superimpose a script that says Happy Father's Day
mid90
redline248
AG
Probably what Martin will tweet tonight
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
Perfect timing for Father's Day
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
i suppose you all have seen the Lena Headey spoiler....it was a few months ago like her instagram pic with the viper...

anyway, looks like LSH is a go

my 3 wishes (not in order of appearance)

1. Revenge of the Imp
2. Stannis and then Jon as LC
3. LSH (cliffhanger with Brienne)

plus these would be a real bonus:

a. Bran meets CotF/Leaf, and then Bloodraven and gets the quote about never walking again, but you'll fly
b. dragon rampage (followed by restraining them)
c. Arya valar morghulis and off to braavos (let the Hounds fate be in limbo)
d. reveal the Mountain was poisoned and is dying

Ambres
AG
Love the eps.. but they took out one of my favorite quotes "where do *****s go"
RedbeardAG
AG
So..are they cutting stone heart? Felt that the whole Tyrian being freed seen was rushed.
Ambres
AG
They are probably waiting until next season. They might cut her if she doesn't provide anything to the story.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
ahhhhhh....awesome episode

brienne vs the hound was awesome.

everything except LSH pretty much.

Elliot P. Campbell
AG
Great episode, but I have two big immediate complaints that I'm sure will be echoed here

-they must be completely cutting LSH out. And if she is in, then they missed the absolute perfect time (end of a season) to reveal it
-no tysha story between jaime and tyrion, leading to no "wherever hoars go"

Loved the rest. The Bran stuff ended up being really cool (also I've been playing dark souls a lot and the skeletons reminded me of that :p). I did like ending on Arya in the absence of lsh
The Dog Lord
AG
The entire episode felt rushed. My non-reader gf and I weren't that impressed after the huge build up in the press about how crazy this episode should have been. These were supposed to be crazy WTF moments and they didn't feel that way. The children of the forest are real! This guy gave Arya a ride immediately because of the coin! Tyrion killed Shae and Tywin!

The things I did like: Stannis arriving, Dany locking up her dragons, and Tyrion killing Shae. The rest just didn't carry the same weight as the scenes from the book.
AggieSouth06
Fantastic episode. The Jon/Tormund and subsequent Jon/Ygritte scene were great examples of what I was saying to some buddies about the strength of the show today.

The books are great at chronicling events and history and world building, but it's pretty dispassionate. The show brings real human emotion to the story.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
They hadn't really hyped up the COTF in the show at all so I didn't mind that. I liked bloodraven, and they kept a great line from that chapter "you'll never walk again. You're going to fly." (paraphrasing)
cone
AG
so... they killed jojen?
Al Bula
AG
Bloodraven... Holy crap!

The southrons and stannis surrounding the windings... Awesome!

I guess this puts all the Coldhands nonsense to bed for now.
JJxvi
AG
That Jojen thing is really gonna change things up. They are supposed to grind him up into paste and feed him to Bran!
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
quote:
so... they killed jojen?

Pretty sure jojen dies in Dance too, offscreen once they've been there for a little while
Saxsoon
AG
Really surprised about no LSH or Tysha reveal. I was really looking forward to the spoiler thread freaking out over LSH.

I love how they are freaking out because someone guessed about Stannis coming north when Melisandre freaking tells him to go north because the war of 5 kings pales in comparison.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
quote:
That Jojen thing is really gonna change things up. They are supposed to grind him up into paste and feed him to Bran!

Had that ever been confirmed? It's such a weird theory
AggieSouth06
I never bought the Jojen paste theory.
cone
AG
so jojen's greendream about going home is in a body bag?
The Dog Lord
AG
They can still grind him up for jojen-paste if they want.
Kampfers
AG
Yeah, no tysha (thus no "where *****s go") and still not much cerci infidelity so of course no "and moon boy for all I know" which kind of softened this episode for me

Still loved it

Arya is awesome. The hound/brienne fight was pretty cool if completely ridiculous and far from book material.

Can't wait for next season so we can get great lessons on nights watch political organization!

Edit - oh, and no stoneheart! Big surprise, especially after lena headey teased it on instagram

[This message has been edited by kampfers (edited 6/15/2014 9:35p).]
JJxvi
AG
Pretty sure they blew him away by casting magic missile or fireball on his ass.
Marsh
AG
No LSH was a total bummer. I watched all the credits and everything, hoping they'd sneak that in there. I imagine its a casting thing and getting Michelle Fairly for just one episode (and one scene, really) probably isn't ideal for her schedule. I really think she will probably be featured prominently next season (cliff hanger to episode 1 or something)... I think introducing her this early really puts her in a season 3 Theon Greyjoy position, but instead of "ok, we are going to torture him... and then torture him some more... oh, and then torture him some more" it'll be "ok, she is going to kill some frey's... and then kill some more frey's... and finally, lets kill some more frey's".

Otherwise, the Jojen death seems like a pretty big change.

Overall, solid, but I agree, a lot of scenes seemed rushed. Wasn't expecting Dany's storyline to finish off so early in the episode (not that I'm really complaining).
Kampfers
AG
I also agree with the guy who said the items in this episode were done better in the books. That's no slight to the show, it was great, and it has done fantastic overall. But because there is so much more to parse in the books, a lot of the minute details that were cut from earlier series come good and really hit home in scenes like we had tonight. Since we didn't have them in the show, the scenes tonight didn't have quite the payoff.
Greeze06
AG
Would of have been great with stoneheart at the end. They missed the ball on that one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.