***Official Game of Thrones: Season 4 Thread (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

207,054 Views | 2149 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Twelfthman
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Someone asked, why didn't they ask for help. What the **** does it matter if I've read the book to say they did? It happened in the show. Other show watch only posters could have said the same gd thing.

[This message has been edited by redline248 (edited 6/9/2014 10:31p).]
Fat Bib Fortuna
Most of us just don't get why you (plural) feel compelled to post on a thread that clearly isn't for you when there's a perfectly good thread, which you are currently reading these words in, that is completely for you.

You're the guys who know your best friend is taping the game because he had to work and is avoiding the score at all costs, but you still have to be d-bag and text him crap like "Don't miss the end the third quarter " You claim you didn't tell him anything, but you've already effed up his knowledge of the game with your little wink and nod crap.

You guys would be the ones in Starfleet breaking the Prime Directive over and over again and trying to rationalize it as "helping them out".

/nerdrant
The Dog Lord
AG
It's not necessarily wrong or a spoiler, especially if someone asks, but the knowledge of the books does influence the answer. When thinking about the Watch needing help, I immediately think "Stannis is coming because of the letter Davos read to him." A non-book reader may not remember the letters on their own. Yes some of the others mentioned it, but only after the initial reminder. They have really done a good job on the show of making you forget what Stannis decided to do. It's been about gaining funding, support, etc. because he is the rightful king, which makes many think about taking King's Landing, not defending the realm.
mid90
AG
people really get their panties in a twist over small things on that thread
redline248
AG
In this thread too, apparently

Edit: not directed at you, mid

[This message has been edited by redline248 (edited 6/9/2014 11:16p).]
Malachi Constant
AG
Spoilers and people who spoil.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
people really get their panties in a twist over small things on that thread

truly

especially the one poster who goes nuts if you even mention the books - even after the fact - because he wants to SOMEDAY read the books and does not want the minor differences spoiled either. unreal. they've been out for up to 18 years. if you haven't read them you ain't gonna. and it's the show non-spoiler thread not the book non-spoiler after the fact thread (assuming it has no further bearing). i only mentioned a book difference once to show how a previous guess was probably a spoiler from a book reader wanting to look smart and he went nuts. we had a direct IM fight for a few days.

and yes i mostly just stay off there now and observe...i just answered a few questions since that were easily known from within the show.

it's still fulll of spoilers and readers posing as non-readers i believe. and they think us readers are the problem. comical.

there is one and only one solution to their problem and thats not to read anything.
LawAg05
AG
quote:
You guys would be the ones in Starfleet breaking the Prime Directive over and over again and trying to rationalize it as "helping them out".
Al Bula
AG
If you don't want to take a chance on potential spoilers, don't come to this board. Simple as that.

If your state of mind is so fragile that life will be majorly interrupted by fantasy novel spoilers, you should probably rethink your priorities.
Fat Bib Fortuna
quote:
we had a direct IM fight for a few days.

wow, that must have been intense!
The Dog Lord
AG
I didn't know hating people who hate spoilers was a thing.

Sure going anywhere online increases the chances that something can be spoiled for you, but a thread specifically designated as a non-spoiler thread is supposed to be one of the safest places you can go. If they can get spoiled, we can all get spoiled, it'll be anarchy!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
someday soon the tables will be flipped...maybe as early as season 6 when the Tv series possibly passes the books.....

that'll be interesting. well not like the show watchers can spoil it for us, we would all see it together....unless book readers wanted to stop watching then and wait for the books....but if I did that I would stop reading the message boards.

i can't see doing that, but at least then nobody can spoil anyone.... but then we have to wonder if what we are seeing is what GRRM will write.

ggrrrr....wish he would just put himself in a cell on the edge of the eyrie and not come out until he has books 6 and 7 done (and no book 8, wrap it up already)!!!

i think it looks like book 6 in 2015 though.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Dog - who said anything about hating anyone?
Marsh
AG
Don't know where AeroAg is getting any of those theories but pretty much not possible from the show (regarding Jon Snow's mother, R+L=J). I'd consider that spoiler on the other thread.
mid90
AG
I know AeroAg IRL. Not a book reader.

Looks like non-book readers are starting a serious spoiler discussion without any help from 'us'.
Marsh
AG
They've never even mentioned the ToJ or more than two words on lyanna Stark or any of that in the show. There's no possible way you could make that connection without reading spoilers or reading the books.
mid90
AG
not saying AeroAg hasn't read spoilers somewhere. he's just not a 'book reader'
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner just laid the whole damn thing out there

quote:
quote:
That's my theory too. Ned found his sister covered in her own blood. Not necessarily from murder - perhaps childbirth?

That's the common theory among book readers that I've heard. And that the father is Rhaeger Targaryen (the guy who kidnapped her, and the Mad King's son).

Yet I get yelled at for talking about a scene in the show
Marsh
AG
Vote it down...
redline248
AG
I did
aggie93
AG
I posted it should be removed even though no one knows the truth but then saw it was already gone. Good work Staff! Feel free to delete my post as well, I took out the content already.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
the ****ty thing is that by deleting it, it will lend credence to the "theory", especially if the poster that "theorized" it, pushes back.
G Martin 87
AG
Is it a spoiler if it's just an unconfirmed theory for book readers too? I suppose it's not a useful distinction anyway.
Malachi Constant
AG
The best part is we don't even know if the whole R+L=J thing is right or not...
Barnacle
AG
quote:
They've never even mentioned the ToJ or more than two words on lyanna Stark or any of that in the show. There's no possible way you could make that connection without reading spoilers or reading the books.

I believe the show mentioned that Ned found Lyanna on a "bed of blood," and I definitely remember when Dany was looking for a midwife that the Maegi woman said she was skilled in the "bed of blood." So the show is at least establishing that Lyanna died giving birth to somebody.
aggie93
AG
The show has not mentioned the "bed of blood" at all. That is purely from the books. All the show has mentioned about it is Robert thinking she was raped and stolen away and Ned finding her dying. Then they have mentioned that "Wylla?" is Jon's mother.

The show has stayed away from flashbacks and prophecies and has spoken little about the past, especially compared to the books.
redline248
AG
quote:
Is it a spoiler if it's just an unconfirmed theory for book readers too? I suppose it's not a useful distinction anyway.

Not technically a spoiler in the strictest sense, but as one of the non readers says, there is no way anyone would make that prediction based on the show.
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
quote:

Not technically a spoiler in the strictest sense, but as one of the non readers says, there is no way anyone would make that prediction based on the show.

Well, looks like it's an indirect spoiler after all. The fact that there's a theory at all that book readers care about apparently proves that Jon lives, so ipso facto a priori it's now a spoiler. QED.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
It's also an indirect indication that Jon is still alive in the books. His lineage is not really important if he is dead. Thereby it's a spoiler.

mid90
AG
except Jon is totally dead
mid90
AG
hope he warged into Ghost though
redline248
AG
If MF'in Cat didn't stay dead Jon better not be.
The Dog Lord
AG
quote:
except Jon is totally dead

I wish I had the laugh/cry. It's great reading the last few posts.

-Uh oh potential spoiler over there.
-Not a big deal if it's just a theory.
-Wait, it confirms Jon is alive though, so spoiler!
-But Jon may be dead...so...
Zeke1995
AG
quote:
If MF'in Cat didn't stay dead Jon better not be.

Elliot P. Campbell
AG
Lol at people over there getting pissed at Brian for posting things when he hasn't even read the books

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.