***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

238,826 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
Schall 02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

GrapevineAg said:

Have they published ground rules for when the roof will be open? I hope it's open more often than the roof next door at JerryWorld. The artists' renderings of GLF with the roof open look decent, but with the roof closed, it looks like a hangar/warehouse.
I hope it's closed 150 games a year.

I'd be surprised if they could close it more then 81
DallasAg 94
Baby Billy
AG
The large field stripes look horrible. Really bad.
PatAg
AG
AccidentProne said:

Roof will close when outside temp is 84 degrees

Stadium will have a heater
So, based on historical data, how many games can we expect it to even be open? Or do they have an anticipated number they expect?
TXAGGIES
If the Rangers don't have a trash can promotion sponsored by Waste Management for the first Astros series, someone in promotions isn't doing their job.
Grapesoda2525
TXAGGIES said:

If the Rangers don't have a trash can promotion sponsored by Waste Management for the first Astros series, someone in promotions isn't doing their job.
It really is disappointing, but the rangers organization is so Walt Disney that they probably won't let people bring in things like mini trash cans when the Astros come to town.

That same kind of respect or courtesy would never be returned by the Astros organization so I don't know why we can't have a little fun. I still remember when the rangers forced some lady who had a "Yankees suck" T shirt to turn it inside out, instead of doing so, she just left and I don't blame her.

Our game day atmosphere will never resemble Boston or New York, but it doesn't have to resemble the grounds of Walt Disney either.
Proposition Joe
You guys should have known the day this thing was announced the roof would be closed 70% of the time.
Mr Gigem
AG
Why are we complaining about that turf that's not even finish being installed yet??? Jesus just give it a week for it to be completed
Chipotlemonger
AG
AccidentProne said:

Why are we complaining about that turf that's not even finish being installed yet??? Jesus just give it a week for it to be completed

To be fair, we can see the entire infield already from that pic you posted.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He wants you to wait until the magical coconut dust is down
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
KT 90
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Is the Colorado GM tone deaf? Just an arrogant sob? Or is he ready to trade Arenado, and just trying to push him out?

Bridich about patching things over with Arenado:
Quote:

"Today was Day 2, (and) yesterday was Day 1 with him in camp," Bridich said. "We've seen each other. We haven't sat yet, but I trust that we will. He's just like all the other players. We'll find time to sit down and interact, both with myself and others, so I trust we'll find the right time for that."

The statement above tells me Arenado is still on the trading block and at the right time, he'll get traded.

There is definite tension there between them. Maybe if he pisses him off enough Arrenado will waive his opt out clause and make himself more tradeable.
Schall 02
AG
Local Denver media wants Bridich to go, not Arenado.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Schall 02 said:

Local Denver media wants Bridich to go, not Arenado.

I think I would to. That dude seems to have made an almost concerted effort to piss of their best player.
DallasAg 94
AgBQ-00
AG
For those of you that have looked at the seating in the new stadium...how are the seats for what used to be the lower deck of the home run porch?
Grapesoda2525
AgBQ-00 said:

For those of you that have looked at the seating in the new stadium...how are the seats for what used to be the lower deck of the home run porch?
I don't think it's released until 02/28
Mr Gigem
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Those sections are a lot bigger, and a lot steeper
wbt5845
AG
Todd Fraizer brings a new twist to the Astros scandal. In today's FWST (behind a paywall, but I subscribe):

Quote:

"Guys have talked about it, the union represents all of us," veteran Texas Rangers third baseman Todd Frazier told me on Thursday. "Take away the World Series. Make them give their rings back. I don't know. Vacate the title; they didn't earn it."

"I don't know exactly what needs to happen, but I know they got to do something. If they don't it's a travesty."

"They disrespected the game, and they disrespected us," Frazier said. "Every player in the union, they disrespected every single player by cheating. If you're going to cheat, you don't deserve to be a part of the game."

investorAg83
AG
But...but...but everyone was doing it.
DallasAg 94
AgBQ-00
AG
Thanks AP. How is the view? Wife and I are thinking about a 20 game plan. We loved those seats in the old ballpark because they were covered (she does not do well in the sun due to health issues). We also enjoyed the view and vibe out there.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I've been thinking the same thing. Some of these guys are coming at this pretty hard. Guys like Bellinger, who is on a team that has already had accusations of similar cheating, better know they're clean. If they're not they're going to look like complete fools.
cmiller00
AG
The way the players are reacting makes me think that this type of organizational level cheating isn't going on elsewhere or at least near to the extent the Astros took it. Maybe a few players here and there but not entire teams basically sanctioned by the organization.
investorAg83
AG
cmiller00 said:

The way the players are reacting makes me think that this type of organizational level cheating isn't going on elsewhere or at least near to the extent the Astros took it. Maybe a few players here and there but not entire teams basically sanctioned by the organization.
I agree. Kinsler's interview on the ticket was pretty interesting. Long story short, after he was sent to Boston he mentioned that there were clubs ahead on technology (like Boston) and some that weren't. He was able to go back into the dugout during the game and go through tape, analyze the AB, examine signs, etc. But when asked if it was about the report out of Houston... "Everyone is using video equipment...the difference is that they lost their minds with it."

When asked about Boston and if they'll find anything close to the Astros: "I don't know what they're going to find but in my opinion, it's going to be nothing like what they found in Houston. When i joined the club, the Red Sox were just a very tight knit group like the Rangers were back in the day. They just had a flawless system at relaying from second to home...that was it.'

'Some teams aren't set up as well for video as others. But I would go back and look at video from my at-bat to figure out what I need to do and if we had someone on second, I'd go back and look to see if I can crack the signs and relay info out to the guy on second. The only way to get back to normal is to get rid of technology during the game.'

The difference between this and steroids is that this is completely one-sided. "If I'm doing steroids and the pitcher is doing steroids, it cancels each other out. But with this, the pitcher is in no-control on the mound. It gives one team and only one team a clear advantage."

His solution; strip all technology. Go through the game as normal and after the game, analyze the film with your hitting coach. That's what they're there for. I completely agree...give them an inch with technology and teams will try to take a mile. We know the Astros did...maybe other clubs did as well. But the only way to squash it is to eliminate technology for in-game use.
DallasAg 94
Rossko
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

AFAIK, there is nothing more illegal about banging a trashcan to send a signal, than touching your crotch at 2B.
I hope you're not serious...
PatAg
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

The problem is you can't be "kind of pregnant." You are either cheating or you aren't.

Kinsler sounds like the guy pulled over for speeding and justifies himself because others were going faster. Fair... but you were still speeding and you got the ticket.

If Houston was better at the cheating you were also doing, shut up.

Kinsler implies that both Boston and Texas were better at relaying signs to the batter, than Houston. AFAIK, there is nothing more illegal about banging a trashcan to send a signal, than touching your crotch at 2B.
Aggie_3
It's spring training and all but I do love getting out to a fantastic start in Surprise. It seems like every year we start out awful
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Where were you able to watch the game? I couldn't find it so I settled for Florida and Miami on ESPN+.
Aggie_3
Ranger #007 said:

Where were you able to watch the game? I couldn't find it so I settled for Florida and Miami on ESPN+.

Nope just followed the game cast! It's been a while since we started spring training out with back to back wins
Grapesoda2525
Aggie_3 said:

Ranger #007 said:

Nope just followed the game cast! It's been a while since we started spring training out with back to back wins
Dare I say the minor league system is improving?
Aggie_3
Grapesoda2525 said:

Aggie_3 said:

Ranger #007 said:

Dare I say the minor league system is improving?

You dare sayeth my good sir! Huzah
Mr Gigem
AG
Moving into the new offices today!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.