***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

238,099 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
option short side
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So are supposed to wish Odor didn't hit a 3-1 fastball for a grand slam? I'm confused
Trucker 96
Prepare for a treatise in how he leads all Rangers 2B in history in February grand slams and how they should be preparing his wing in the Ranger HOF
toucan82
PSA: Baseball season starts this month
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Schall 02
AG
AP, is opening day sold out or will there be any available when single-game tickets go on sale?
Proposition Joe
It's all dynamically priced so I imagine there will be plenty of seats... You just won't like what face value is on any of the decent ones
wbt5845
AG
Schall 02 said:

AP, is opening day sold out or will there be any available when single-game tickets go on sale?

Extra opening day tickets went on sale to season ticket holders this AM and sold out in about 30 minutes.
Schall 02
AG
Gracias. I figured.
wbt5845
AG
Schall 02 said:

Gracias. I figured.

FWIW - I tried to buy extra tickets, saw Rangers were charging $200 in my section that are normally $32, and decided to take my chances on the secondary market for extra tickets.

Yeah, the prices are crazy high now. But just wait - they'll come down.
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

wbt5845 said:

Schall 02 said:

Gracias. I figured.

FWIW - I tried to buy extra tickets, saw Rangers were charging $200 in my section that are normally $32, and decided to take my chances on the secondary market for extra tickets.

Yeah, the prices are crazy high now. But just wait - they'll come down.
I'll get mine off the 2nd hand market the day the 1st CoronaVirus case is announced in DFW.
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem
AG
I know a good way to guarantee you get the best possible price on opening day
wbt5845
AG
AccidentProne said:

Are you going to be out there next Wednesday? I am planning on coming out.
Schall 02
AG
AccidentProne said:

Bribe AP?
Proposition Joe
I'd assume they are holding back a good amount for the public sale, especially in the 300 level.
Mr Gigem
AG
There's an OD pre-sale on Wednesday for those subscribe to the Inside Pitch newsletter. Also for those that have the Rangers credit card
Mr Gigem
AG
Schall 02 said:

AccidentProne said:

Buy a ticket plan from AP?
Grapesoda2525
AccidentProne said:

There's an OD pre-sale on Wednesday for those subscribe to the Inside Pitch newsletter. Also for those that have the Rangers credit card
I thought tickets went on sale February 28th?

I guess they moved that date back. Can you really find good seats the first few days or do people with programs gobble them up and insta buy them right when they are available?
Mr Gigem
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

AccidentProne said:

I thought tickets went on sale February 28th?

I guess they moved that date back. Can you really find good seats the first few days or do people with programs gobble them up and insta buy them right when they are available?

March 6th

I guess it just depends on the date you're looking at. We sell ticket plans throughout the year, so sometimes it's better to wait until we prorate the ticket plans for good single game tickets, especially for games later in the season
GrapevineAg
AG
Pics from the local news:

_lefraud_
AG
It looks like a warehouse...pretty underwhelming when driving by.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Looks awesome to me. Can't wait to go especially in July
sburg2007
The ballpark is such a beautiful facility.
TXAggie2011
AG
This project was done hastily and in a way to minimize costs to the team; they took the "don't care have roof" carrot for everything it was worth.

Of course its generic. Of course it didn't fulfill the "homage to the Ballpark" promise.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Kyle98
AG
Wow, that's ugly.
Grapesoda2525
I think what matters is how it looks on the inside, when you're actually inside watching a ball game.
Mr Gigem
AG
Some of y'all are impossible. It's a shame
TXAggie2011
AG
AccidentProne said:

Its a shame you started this thread off with a mis-truth about how close the seats are.
Its a shame you played up the possibility of real grass.
Its a shame you guaranteed a 2020 payroll some $30-odd million more than what it is.
Its a shame you don't better understand why the goodwill isn't overfloweth.
Its a shame you trend towards ad hominum every time someone voices a critique of the stadium and situations.

I'm sorry man, I'm sure you and the powers that be have meant well at every turn, but if we're going to keep the debate up, I might as well lay it all out there.
Grapesoda2525
TXAggie2011 said:

AccidentProne said:

Its a shame you started this thread off with a mis-truth about how close the seats are.
Its a shame you played up the possibility of real grass.
Its a shame you guaranteed a 2020 payroll some $30-odd million more than what it is.
Its a shame you don't better understand why the goodwill isn't overfloweth.
Its a shame you trend towards ad hominum every time someone voices a critique of the stadium and situations.

I'm sorry man, I'm sure you and the powers that be have meant well at every turn, but if we're going to keep the debate up, I might as well lay it all out there.
I could careless about the stadium and all of that superficial stuff. I mean I'm never going to walk or play on that surface.

I was just extremely disappointed that the front office made no effort to upgrade the infield / lineup. Rolling with odor / condor another year as starters with nobody behind them is just lazy as hell.
_lefraud_
AG
AccidentProne said:

My observation was based on the arial pic posted above and my own experience of seeing it in person last week.

I'm excited about escaping the heat to watch baseball, but man this just isn't pretty from the outside. It doesn't help that when you drive up, across the street is this timeless, beautiful ballpark that is only 25 years old...maybe they should just go ahead and tear it down...

I'm 33 years old, and come opening day, it will be the 3rd home ive personally seen of the Rangers...and for what, an airplane hanger with awful roof line and ugly exterior design?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.