***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

238,621 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?

wbt5845
AG
RT tickets to PHX two weeks from Saturday are around $100 and there's a ton of open seats. Wife and I are contemplating flying out for Rangers game once we are certain it's gonna be played.

The whole airplane looks wide open so no harm in waiting.
KT 90
AG

Mr Gigem
AG
Chris Stapleton concert on Saturday has been postponed
Proposition Joe
I'd say there's very little chance Rangers Home Opener gets played as schedule.
jtstanley4621
AG
KT 90 said:

I agree with the sentiment. There's really no reason to have large public gatherings of people. Sucks, but front end cancelling of things is probably the way to go at least for now.
Dallasag02
AG
Anybody hear anything about them closing spring training games? Was going next week, but now think we will cancel because it seems like they wont be allowing fans in a week from now at the rate we're going.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Dallasag02 said:

Anybody hear anything about them closing spring training games? Was going next week, but now think we will cancel because it seems like they wont be allowing fans in a week from now at the rate we're going.

I can't fathom they keep playing much longer. Looks like the NHL is on the verge of shutting things down as well. The big question is how long does it all last.
AggieDPT
AG
Sounds like today it's getting shut down. Sucks but we don't need giant gatherings going on right now.
Proposition Joe
MLB has shutdown operations.
gomerschlep
AG
I'd really like to go to opening day at the new ballpark, this kind of throws a wrench in those plans
Mr Gigem
AG
Good news is there will still be an opening day. It will just be at a later date
wbt5845
AG
gomerschlep said:

I'd really like to go to opening day at the new ballpark, this kind of throws a wrench in those plans
If you have a ticket to the March 31st Opening Day game, you still have an Opening Day ticket.
AgBQ-00
AG
Well crap. I guess it is going to be all reruns and movies. No sports for the foreseeable future.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'd hate to be the one having to work that whole mess out.
AgBQ-00
AG
may make for a lot of double headers this year if they do not reduce the number of games. All depends on how long they delay.
Mr Gigem
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

may make for a lot of double headers this year if they do not reduce the number of games. All depends on how long they delay.

Depending on how long operations are suspended, one would think they would just delay the start of the season and play the regular season a little further into October, right? I believe that is the plan for the NBA at the moment
AgBQ-00
AG
Would make sense. But say we get into May before they start playing games. That is going to put a crunch on things. could make up a week by taking out the all star break. Anywhere else to make up time?
Chipotlemonger
AG
If there is any kind of significant delay they'll just shorten the season, a la the NBA 99 season.
Mr Gigem
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

If there is any kind of significant delay they'll just shorten the season, a la the NBA 99 season.

I agree. It's all dependent on how long this delay is
Dallasag02
AG
MLB has history with starting the season late and shortening the season. They played a 144 game regular season in 1995 after the strike ended on April 2 of that year. That seems inevitable at this point, this won't be a 162 game season.
Mr Gigem
AG
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE March 12, 2020

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TO DELAY 2020 OPENING DAY BY AT LEAST TWO WEEKS
Spring Training Games Cancelled As of 4:00 p.m. (ET) Today and WBCQ Games Postponed;
MLB Will Continue to Evaluate Ongoing Events and Effects on 2020 Scheduling

Following a call with the 30 Clubs, and after consultation with the Major League Baseball Players Association, Commissioner Robert D. Manfred, Jr. today announced that MLB has decided to suspend Spring Training games and to delay the start of the 2020 regular season by at least two weeks due to the national emergency created by the coronavirus pandemic. This action is being taken in the interests of the safety and well-being of our players, Clubs and our millions of loyal fans.
MLB will continue to evaluate ongoing events leading up to the start of the season. Guidance related to daily operations and workouts will be relayed to Clubs in the coming days. As of 4:00 p.m. (ET) today, forthcoming Spring Training games have been cancelled, and 2020 World Baseball Classic Qualifier games in Tucson, Arizona have been postponed indefinitely.
MLB and the Clubs have been preparing a variety of contingency plans regarding the 2020 regular season schedule. MLB will announce the effects on the schedule at an appropriate time and will remain flexible as events warrant, with the hope of resuming normal operations as soon as possible.
Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our players, employees and fans. MLB will continue to undertake the precautions and best practices recommended by public health experts. We send our best wishes to all individuals and communities that have been impacted by coronavirus.
AgBQ-00
AG
Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed it's only 2 weeks
Trucker 96
Will end up 2 months
Schall 02
AG
Y'all be safe and prepare. Ain't no telling at this point.
Mr Gigem
AG
Thank you for your input, Doctor
Seven Costanza
AG
Well, crap. I am ready to bash the new ballpark, but really need to wait until I see it first. Damn you, COVID-19.
Trucker 96
Wait until magic coconut dirt turns out to be the cure for this.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
If you ever had a TV series you want to binge watch or go back and rewatch

Nows the time.
Trucker 96
AccidentProne said:

Sorry I hurt your hyper-sensitive feelings, but common sense based on the reactions we're seeing across sports (like NCAA canceling the CWS already) indicates we're in for a few months of sports boredom.
Mr Gigem
AG
Bingo Bango Bongo said:

AccidentProne said:

Sorry I hurt your hyper-sensitive feelings, but common sense based on the reactions we're seeing across sports (like NCAA canceling the CWS already) indicates we're in for a few months of sports boredom.
Rossko
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Seven Costanza said:

Well, crap. I am ready to bash the new ballpark, but really need to wait until I see it first. Damn you, COVID-19.
What a great opportunity to schedule a visit with AccidentProne. Not like he is doing anything now, anyway.

Rangers should have a tour event on Opening Day, with a much smaller crowd.
I believe all tours of the new stadium are suspended as well.

Also, if you will be surprised at Solak making the 26 then you must not have watched him at all last year or been paying attention to the rumblings over the offseason. He will likely be in the top 5 of the lineup whenever baseball comes back. Not on the fringe to make the team, but one of the regular contributors to the offense.
94chem
Rossko said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Seven Costanza said:

What a great opportunity to schedule a visit with AccidentProne. Not like he is doing anything now, anyway.

Rangers should have a tour event on Opening Day, with a much smaller crowd.
I believe all tours of the new stadium are suspended as well.

Also, if you will be surprised at Solak making the 26 then you must not have watched him at all last year or been paying attention to the rumblings over the offseason. He will likely be in the top 5 of the lineup whenever baseball comes back. Not on the fringe to make the team, but one of the regular contributors to the offense.

The bat makes a special sound when he hits the ball. He's one of those guys like Gallo and Mazara. Al Oliver, Pudge, and Julio Franco were the same way. It doesn't mean he'll be star, but he deserves the AB's.
DallasAg 94

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.