***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

237,657 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
TV Casualty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will have to hold off judgment until I see it in person, but for right now it doesn't look as good as some other retractable stadiums that were built years earlier.
investorAg83
AG
Proposition Joe said:

So if you don't love it, you're a whiner?

Before a game is played and you've seen it in person, yes...I'd say so.
PatAg
AG
AP mentioned something about having it closed until right before game time, that has some potential to at least try
Mr Gigem
AG
I'll give a tour to anyone that wants to hold off judgement until seen in person.
BryanAggie2013
AG
Going to The American tomorrow at Jerry World, can't wait to have a look at the new ballpark in person! Haven't been up that way since the Arky game. Are they doing tours of the new ballpark or anything? If not, I'll just check it out from a perch at Texas Live with a col' beer.
TheAngelFlight
AccidentProne said:

I'll give a tour to anyone that wants to hold off judgement until seen in person.

I'm willing you bet you had formed an opinion before you saw it in person.

As mentioned the other day, I was going to be inside soon.

I've now been inside. I still find it unremarkable.

It's 2020 cookie cutter. A marked improvement over the cookie cutter era, but it's just a stadium out of a box set.

And after thinking about it, I think it looks like a convention center from the outside.
TheAngelFlight
And that is surprising considering HKS HQ is down the highway.
GrapevineAg
AG
AccidentProne said:

Appreciate the offer, but I need to see a couple of games there to gauge the experience.
Proposition Joe
investorAg83 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Many of us have seen it in person.

But even if we hadn't, the idea that you can look at pictures of something and not have an idea of whether you love it or not is ridiculous. There'd be a whole lot more women getting lucky on Tinder if you had to "see them in person" before saying if you loved it or not.
investorAg83
AG
Proposition Joe said:

investorAg83 said:

Proposition Joe said:

But even if we hadn't, the idea that you can look at pictures of something and not have an idea of whether you love it or not is ridiculous. There'd be a whole lot more women getting lucky on Tinder if you had to "see them in person" before saying if you loved it or not.

Once it's completed, sure. But this faux outrage before its complete is ridiculous.
Proposition Joe
investorAg83 said:

Proposition Joe said:

investorAg83 said:

Proposition Joe said:

Once it's completed, sure. But this faux outrage before its complete is ridiculous.

"I think our chances our very slim of making the World Series this year -- the roster just isn't very good from what I've seen."

"You need to wait until the season is complete. Any opinion before is just faux outrage!".
investorAg83
AG
Proposition Joe said:

investorAg83 said:

Proposition Joe said:

investorAg83 said:

Proposition Joe said:

"I think our chances our very slim of making the World Series this year -- the roster just isn't very good from what I've seen."

"You need to wait until the season is complete. Any opinion before is just faux outrage!".

Is that supposed to be analogous?

A closer analogy would be starting a squad from square one and writing them off after it's halfway assembled.
Grapesoda2525
How likely is it that the Coronavirus cancels opening day for us up in Seattle?

DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

0% chance.

The game will be played.

The question is... will the stadium be empty. I'm going to say 50 - 50.
I would like to see the games played, but I hope the rangers try to keep the players quarantined while they are not playing.

I don't want them getting sick or bringing the virus back. The chances of them catching it in the stadium alone are probably pretty low.
TDub
AG
AccidentProne said:

Pick me pick me pick me
Aggie_3
DallasAg 94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

0% chance.

The game will be played.

Or maybe move the games to Arlington
Proposition Joe
Aggie_3 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

0% chance.

The game will be played.

Or maybe move the games to Arlington

"THE TEXAS RANGERS DON'T CARE ABOUT HURRICANE HARVEY CORONAVIRUS VICTIMS"
TDub
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Just got tickets for Friday apr 3rd. Really excited. Have never used the ballpark app before. How long does it normally take for tickets to show up in the "wallet"

Have your tickets shown up yet?
Proposition Joe
They are probably going to delay the tickets showing up in your wallet for as long as possible -- they don't want people re-selling before they get that box office $$$
investorAg83
AG
AccidentProne said:

Umm...yes please.
TV Casualty
AG
I was looking at the single game tickets today to check out pricing.

Why are there no lower level infield seats available for the entire season?
sburg2007
Season tickets?
Proposition Joe
TV Casualty said:

Some are season ticket holders, some are authorized brokers that probably haven't got the go-ahead to list by the Rangers, and I'd guess a significant chunk are Rangers just holding back tickets to dynamically price once they pull season/mini-plan listings.
Grapesoda2525
TV Casualty said:

You can find them on stubhub or whatever that site is that pops up when you go through espn.com then click on rangers schedule then buy tickets.
TV Casualty
AG
There a no tickets to purchase on the rangers site. StubHub has extra fees. It's just surprising that you can't buy any lower level tickets from the rangers.

Mr Gigem
AG
Nearly that entire lower seating bowl is sold out on ticket plans

I think the mezzanine is an excellent alternative that provides great sight lines and vantage points. I think it is severely undervalued right now and people will start to realize that once the season starts. I highly recommend sections 105-110
AgBQ-00
AG
Nope. Looked earlier and they are not there. Figure of they are not there in the next week or so, I will follow up with the ticket folks
dave94
AG
AccidentProne said:

Nearly that entire lower seating bowl is sold out on ticket plans

I think the mezzanine is an excellent alternative that provides great sight lines and vantage points. I think it is severely undervalued right now and people will start to realize that once the season starts. I highly recommend sections 105-110

Thanks for the tip!
Mr Gigem
AG
For those waiting on digital tickets to show, I would expect to see those to start showing up on Monday
Grapesoda2525
AccidentProne said:

For those waiting on digital tickets to show, I would expect to see those to start showing up on Monday
Could you please tell us what time the discount code is active?
Mr Gigem
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

AccidentProne said:

Could you please tell us what time the discount code is active?

I just checked online and it is active right now. TEXAGS20

Sorry for the confusion on the code. My ticket ops team originally said it was just texags, but looks like it does have the 20 at the end
sburg2007
I don't know how to post twitter links, but good discussion by @mlbcathedrals. From pictures pointing out it is not like The juice box or safeco. He does point out flaws that I have noticed and others I have not. The obstructed view seating does irk me though.
Danny Vermin
Well fook. I bet willie has a broken jaw.
Jimtim1216
S
Yea, looked nasty. Sucks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.