***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

238,629 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
Jimtim1216
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Rossko
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Man I hate that for Willie. He was set up to have a breakout year. I hope he doesn't miss too much of the season.
KT 90
AG
That is terrible. After getting sent down last year when he deserved to stay, now he gets hurt as the regular is getting close to starting, with him set to be the regular LF. Hoping for a quick and full recovery for him.
TV Casualty
AG
AccidentProne said:

Nearly that entire lower seating bowl is sold out on ticket plans

I think the mezzanine is an excellent alternative that provides great sight lines and vantage points. I think it is severely undervalued right now and people will start to realize that once the season starts. I highly recommend sections 105-110

Looks like just about all those tickets in those sections are gone too. Y'all must've had an easy time selling packages for this year.

Hopefully there are some good views from the cheap seats.
Trucker 96
I'm hoping that glanced off his shoulder or corner of his helmet on the way in to take some steam off it. Looks bad though
sburg2007
Evan grant said slowest of replays looks to have him flush.
TDub
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Nope. Looked earlier and they are not there. Figure of they are not there in the next week or so, I will follow up with the ticket folks

Mine showed up in the app today! So you should be able to see them now
Danny Vermin
Spotted them a 7 run lead and have come all the way back to take the lead.
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
Trucker 96
Foook
AgBQ-00
AG
I am seeing them this morning too
Mr Gigem
AG
TV Casualty said:

AccidentProne said:

Nearly that entire lower seating bowl is sold out on ticket plans

I think the mezzanine is an excellent alternative that provides great sight lines and vantage points. I think it is severely undervalued right now and people will start to realize that once the season starts. I highly recommend sections 105-110

Looks like just about all those tickets in those sections are gone too. Y'all must've had an easy time selling packages for this year.

Hopefully there are some good views from the cheap seats.
More seats will open up in those areas when we pro-rate the ticket plans on the 16th
TheAngelFlight
sburg2007 said:

I don't know how to post twitter links, but good discussion by @mlbcathedrals. From pictures pointing out it is not like The juice box or safeco. He does point out flaws that I have noticed and others I have not. The obstructed view seating does irk me though.
TheAngelFlight
How'd they cut capacity by 8,000 and manage to have obstructed views?

Edit.....

.....of the infield?

_lefraud_
AG
Doesn't look like Chris Stapleton will be obstructed so I don't see what the big deal is.
sburg2007
thanks!
Mr Gigem
AG
I'm fairly certain you can't just buy that type of seat for single game tickets. With it being an obstructed view, seats like that are not available until we are at sellout capacity.

Edit: And even then, you wouldn't be able to purchase it online. That would be walkup only
94chem
TheAngelFlight said:

How'd they cut capacity by 8,000 and manage to have obstructed views?

Edit.....

.....of the infield?

Joe West usually umpires from that 2nd view.
Proposition Joe
Obstructed View is sold online, but it's clearly marked.

As for how the stadium ended up with those kind of seats, I can't imagine it was just some failure in design... It was probably either the seat existed or it didn't, and they chose one more OV seat over no seat at all.
wbt5845
AG
Proposition Joe said:

As for how the stadium ended up with those kind of seats, I can't imagine it was just some failure in design... It was probably either the seat existed or it didn't, and they chose one more OV seat over no seat at all.
See, people gripe about the new joint having no soul like the old parks and then when a few odd ball seats like this exist just like they exist at Fenway and Wrigley, everyone goes crazy.

Yeah, this is a place they could have either (1) left out a seat, or (2) added an obstructed view seat for when the Rangers are in the World Series and people just wanna be in the stadium.
Trucker 96
I don't see an issue with OBS VIEW seats as long as they are properly marked.

I don't like losing the HR porch. Loved that at the Ballpark. There were some interesting negative observations about the lower deck, but I'll wait to see on that until I get a little more look and feel of the stadium on my own. In general, I like the look of the inside except for the loss of the HR porch and plastic grass. What I don't like about the outside is that it almost entirely abandoned the great brick decor and design of the Ballpark. I get that having something that has to be enclosed will lead to different options than being able to replicate some aspects of the old park (like the arches to some degree), but the outside really seems to look more like a convention center than a Ballpark. And that's based on up close, in person observation, not pics.
TheAngelFlight
wbt5845 said:

Proposition Joe said:

See, people gripe about the new joint having no soul like the old parks and then when a few odd ball seats like this exist just like they exist at Fenway and Wrigley, everyone goes crazy.

Yeah, this is a place they could have either (1) left out a seat, or (2) added an obstructed view seat for when the Rangers are in the World Series and people just wanna be in the stadium.
I thought your speech the other day were going to be your last comments on the matter
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

I don't see an issue with OBS VIEW seats as long as they are properly marked.
I'm surprised after the heated situations in NYC at both Yankee Stadium and the Barclay's Center, any new stadium would be so bold as to offer seats with such a complete obstruction.

The Yankees ended up paying a bunch of money to remove some seats and re-design their center field to get rid of obstructed views of the outfield. Yet alone obstruction of home plate and the infield.

wbt5845
AG
I had way too valuable insight to let that one go by.
Proposition Joe
If there's thousands of people who will pay $50+ for SRO tickets at JerryWorld, there's people out there that will pay for an obstructed view seat.
Grapesoda2525
Proposition Joe said:

If there's thousands of people who will pay $50+ for SRO tickets at JerryWorld, there's people out there that will pay for an obstructed view seat.
Watching it on TV > Standing room only
CampingAg
AG
Game just started on FSN.
Trucker 96
Some halfassed catching there
DallasAg 94
Schall 02
AG
When you build a park for corporate America, upper deck obstructed view seats are not a primary/secondary/tertiary consideration.
Dallasag02
AG
This new park sucks. Its ugly, too corporate, and still in the wrong city. Maybe 25 years from now they can finally get it right.
DeangeloVickers
AG
i really like Adolis Garcia

Greg Bird sucks
KT 90
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.