***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

238,272 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Proposition Joe
The funny part is I have little doubt I could search the thread from early last season and see you penciling in Sampson as a 15 win guy.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Rossko
AG
I'd like some news just to save the rest of us from this pointless tsunami of stats back and forth.

FYI, so far team totals I've seen have ranged from 77-79.5 wins for the Rangers. If anyone believes they can get into the 80s+ this year, there is money to be made.
wbt5845
AG
GrapevineAg said:

Anybody have stats to show how moving to a completely artificial surface will impact things like player health and fielding/defense? Personally, I don't like that the new park is indoors and will use fake grass - I think I'd rather sweat my balls off at the old park. Hoping there's some silver lining here.

I have half season tickets, and I go to about 25 games per season. I prefer sitting in the AC.

Any stats for moving to artificial turf would be irrelevant since this turf is a new technology. Ut you can ask the Diamondbacks, who put it in last year:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arizonasports.com/story/2084961/hall-d-backs-synthetic-turf-not-an-issue-after-ketel-marte-injury/amp/

Quote:

"I mean this surface that we put in, the synthetic grass has been phenomenal. And we have teams that come in here like Florida [Miami], who just left with rave reviews and have asked a lot about it. It's a lot softer, it's a lot safer, it's cut back on the injuries. And when you see visiting teams come here and say, 'Wow, this is so much better than what you had before,' which was very dangerous and very hard before, I think it's just the opposite."
AgBQ-00
AG
Well that is some good news. Will be interested in how our fielding looks. Seems for years we had the grass like a pool table. This should slow things down considerably
Aggie_3
When are individual game tickets going on sale?
Rossko
AG
wbt5845 said:

Any stats for moving to artificial turf would be irrelevant since this turf is a new technology. Ut you can ask the Diamondbacks, who put it in last year:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arizonasports.com/story/2084961/hall-d-backs-synthetic-turf-not-an-issue-after-ketel-marte-injury/amp/

Quote:

"I mean this surface that we put in, the synthetic grass has been phenomenal. And we have teams that come in here like Florida [Miami], who just left with rave reviews and have asked a lot about it. It's a lot softer, it's a lot safer, it's cut back on the injuries. And when you see visiting teams come here and say, 'Wow, this is so much better than what you had before,' which was very dangerous and very hard before, I think it's just the opposite."

This article seems to show the typical responses of President & CEO singing the praise while players are saying "turf is turf" or it's "better than Toronto", etc. I think the players will have mixed reviews while management puts out quotes like above.
Grapesoda2525
Aggie_3 said:

2/28

Not trying to be that grouchy jerk, but this has been asked at least 10 different times over the course of the last month or so.
gigem1223
Bryant loses arbitration battle. Go get him now JD!

Proposition Joe
Losing the arb battle probably hurts us more than helps us in any prospective Bryant trade.

The # of prospects we'd have to give up for an extra year of Bryant likely puts us out of the running.
Mr Gigem
AG
Aggie_3 said:

February 28th
Schall 02
AG
AccidentProne said:

Aggie_3 said:

February 28th

Any way to get Opening Day included that isn't a 20-game plan?
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem
AG
Schall 02 said:

AccidentProne said:

Aggie_3 said:

February 28th

Any way to get Opening Day included that isn't a 20-game plan?
Yes......with a full or half season plan
Schall 02
AG
I deserved that. Too bad I live in Colorado. (Said no one, ever.)
Mr Gigem
AG
Just re-sell the games you won't be attending to the clowns on this thread
Schall 02
AG
That would be easier if someone didn't post a discount code
Mr Gigem
AG
Are you suggesting I don't provide a discount code this season??
Rossko
AG
Thought this was interesting...

http://signstealingscandal.com/
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Rangers sign Utility IF Matt Duffy (R/R) to a minor league deal. Not a bad addition if he pans out. Low risk for sure.
Schall 02
AG
AccidentProne said:

Definitely not. You're a great Ag for doing so, and we are all indebted to you.
wbt5845
AG
Schall 02 said:

AccidentProne said:

Well, most of us. Some of us help pay his salary.
Mr Gigem
AG
wbt5845 said:

Schall 02 said:

AccidentProne said:

Well, most of us. Some of us help pay his salary.
DallasAg 94
wbt5845
AG
Gents - 20 game packages go on sale 10 AM Monday morning. If you REALLY want to go to Opening Day, consider this.

My season tickets are $32/seat/game. Opening Day tickets in my section right now are on StubHub for $350 a seat. So if you're willing to pay a premium for opening day, go ahead and get 19 more games for twice the price, go to a few and sell the rest online to get your money back. Rangers resale market, especially for weekend games, is gonna be legit this season.

But Opening Day will sell out fast on these packages, so be ready to go first thing Monday morning.
KT 90
AG

Rossko
AG
Will there be 10 game plans with Opening Day included this year?
Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

I have this dreaded feeling that we're done.

Poopy offseason is poopy.
Mr Gigem
AG
Rossko said:

Negative. Smallest ticket plan will be a 20 game plan.

With 9,000 less seats and the increased demand in full and half season plans, we are not projecting that we'll have the inventory for 10 game plans
Grapesoda2525
AccidentProne said:

Rossko said:

With 9,000 less seats and the increased demand in full and half season plans, we are not projecting that we'll have the inventory for 10 game plans
Will single game tickets still be " easy to get"?

How much more expensive, compared to the globe, will it be to sit in the lower first deck? As in 1st and 3rd base line.
TwoTimeAg
AG
Any hopes for Rangers/A&M caps returning this year?
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

AccidentProne said:

Rossko said:

Will single game tickets still be " easy to get"?

How much more expensive, compared to the globe, will it be to sit in the lower first deck? As in 1st and 3rd base line.
1st and 3rd base line on the lower bowl is nearly sold out. So you're best bet to get seats like that will be on StubHub.

Seats prices in the lower bowl range from $50/ticket up to $450/ticket for ticket plans. I have no idea what single game ticket is at this point, but with most of it already sold out on ticket plans, you're at the mercy of the people re-selling their tickets.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.