***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

234,796 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
Rossko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Never even looked up the origin of the name of the state. Wow
Proposition Joe
Was highly unlikely anyways, but "Opening Day" for this season not going to happen. If there's fans at games, the first game back won't be the "re-scheduled" OD.
Mr Gigem
AG
Yeah I don't think that was ever a realistic option
Chipotlemonger
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Was highly unlikely anyways, but "Opening Day" for this season not going to happen. If there's fans at games, the first game back won't be the "re-scheduled" OD.
Yep. What's the status on refunds? It's already June 18th and we're one month away from the original All Star break.

wbt5845
AG
If we get a 20% bump for letting our money ride, I'll be a happy man. Even if it's Captain Cash - that'd be several hundred dollars for me.
Mr Gigem
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Proposition Joe said:

Yep. What's the status on refunds? It's already June 18th and we're one month away from the original All Star break.

We should be rolling out a plan in the next week or two. There will be options for refunds
Mr Gigem
AG
wbt5845 said:

If we get a 20% bump for letting our money ride, I'll be a happy man. Even if it's Captain Cash - that'd be several hundred dollars for me.

It'll be a 5% bonus if you leave your money as a credit. That will be good to use towards food, merch, and incremental tickets.
Schall 02
AG
AccidentProne said:

wbt5845 said:

It'll be a 5% bonus if you leave your money as a credit. That will be good to use towards food, merch, and incremental tickets.

Dang. Rockies offered 10% credit to roll forward months ago.
Trucker 96
Bills to pay
Proposition Joe
5% is a joke.

I'd wager if that's all they are offering then there is going to be some stipulation or hoop to jump through in order to get the refund.

With that small a bonus, only a fool would let the Rangers hold onto their money with the uncertainty around not just all sports but doubly-so with baseball and their labor issues.

If something happens and the 2021 season is impacted, do you really want to be dealing with trying to get your funds back from an organization that went radio silent for 3 months?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yep. Rhetorically, I'd tell them to pound sound and I'll take the money now please. Maybe I'll spend it next year, but if I keep getting yanked around, I won't be spending it this year nor next year.
Grapesoda2525
AccidentProne said:

wbt5845 said:

I know it's not your policy or your decision but 5% is pretty lackluster. Especially if you factor in how long the rangers have held on to people's money in the middle of a pandemic.

It's terrible because you never really know who could be hurting. Everyone has seen the luxury cars in lines at food banks.
Silvertaps
AG
https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/steve-chapman/ct-column-texas-rangers-brutality-statue-chapman-20200617-bani5arbkfh67onjd6a6mdl36m-story.html

People are clearly bored with no sports to rely on.
option short side
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

AccidentProne said:

wbt5845 said:

I know it's not your policy or your decision but 5% is pretty lackluster. Especially if you factor in how long the rangers have held on to people's money in the middle of a pandemic.

It's terrible because you never really know who could be hurting. Everyone has seen the luxury cars in lines at food banks.
Wait.... did you just post something without tying Odor into it???
Schall 02
AG
Only two teams potentially allowing fans? Lol . Disaster waiting to happen.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2020/06/22/play-ball-all-signs-point-to-games-at-globe-life-field-as-mlb-sets-60-game-plan/
J.P. 03
AG
I dunno...wouldn't it kind of be the Most Rangers Thing Ever if they managed to create a home field advantage that, because the season won't be long enough for their annual August collapse, magically propelled the team to a World Series title that literally no one outside of Arlington would ever acknowledge, let alone respect?

(And to keep this thread on topic, Odor would naturally be the WS MVP in this scenario, of course)
AgBQ-00
AG
Hey the Rockets have their asterisk I would be ok with an asterisk WS title.
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
chickencoupe16
AG
J.P. 03 said:

I dunno...wouldn't it kind of be the Most Rangers Thing Ever if they managed to create a home field advantage that, because the season won't be long enough for their annual August collapse, magically propelled the team to a World Series title that literally no one outside of Arlington would ever acknowledge, let alone respect?

(And to keep this thread on topic, Odor would naturally be the WS MVP in this scenario, of course)

Meh, as long as the asterisk isn't from trashcans.
Schall 02
AG
I mean we could have a solid top 3 SPs in a short playoff series...
Aggie_3
So basically when we win the World Series this year we will know what it feels like to be the Astros and have no one think your title is legit! Ok cool I'll allow it
sburg2007
First time in the hangar since it's been finished. Was impressed how nice it is, but I'll never experience most of amenities because I'm not a rich. Still don't like the plastic grass, but it felt alright.
KT 90
AG
Get ready for lots of late night games....

sburg2007
KT 90 said:

25-27 of the 60?
Grapesoda2525
KT 90 said:

I guess it's fun because we rarely play the giants, the dodgers, and the padres.

Seems like we play Colorado and Arizona a lot tho.

Wish we didn't have to play Oakland. They always have our number.
toucan82
Calling it now: 48-12
Trucker 96
So many 9pm games. Blech. But baseball is baseball so i'll take it
Mr Gigem
AG
Couldn't have posted a better picture?
sburg2007
Amazingly, it was the only one I took!
Aggie_3
Hopefully they hurry the heck up and release the schedule so we can see our way to the 2020 Asterisks World Series! 2 Texas teams with Asteriks by their championships HELL YEAH!
Mr Gigem
AG
Hopefully I'm wrong, but with the massive surge in COVID cases in Texas I'm growing less confident there will be fans in the stands

There were about 5,500 new cases today. There's no way there can realistically be 20,000 people in that stadium a month from now
DeangeloVickers
AG
New cases because we are testing way more people

Less deaths and less COVID hospital...we are seeing more hospital in general because no one has been going

Perspective
Baby Billy
AG
AccidentProne said:

Hopefully I'm wrong, but with the massive surge in COVID cases in Texas I'm growing less confident there will be fans in the stands

There were about 5,500 new cases today. There's no way there can realistically be 20,000 people in that stadium a month from now

You either accept COVID as part of society, or the entire world economy will be in utter ruin. The new cases aren't going away anytime soon. Nothing will ever fully reopen, and we'll never have a full baseball, football, or basketball season until it's accepted as part of life for the time being.
Aggie_3
AccidentProne said:

Just call them protestors and we are good cuz you can't catch it if you're a protestor
Schall 02
AG
Let's talk baseball. I'm hoping to see Kershaw take the new mound in Arlington this year, just in the wrong uniform.
PatAg
AG
ehrmantraut said:

AccidentProne said:

You either accept COVID as part of society, or the entire world economy will be in utter ruin. The new cases aren't going away anytime soon. Nothing will ever fully reopen, and we'll never have a full baseball, football, or basketball season until it's accepted as part of life for the time being.
A problem I see, is our society loves to sue people for our own mistakes. So if they let fans attend, and people get sick, they will try to blame the organization for it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.