***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

238,072 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
Schall 02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From pg 1 of this thread. Ouch.

AustinCountyAg
Chipotlemonger said:

Great concert venue though

I wouldn't count on it. Sound and sheet metal do not mix well at all. Super loud, and tons of echo.
Mr Gigem
AG
I believe y'all are referring to the ETFE material that is used to limit the amount of sunlight that comes into the stadium. It still let's in a lot of natural light. But yeah, I'll say it's not my favorite look from the outside
DannyDuberstein
AG
Good to hear Woodward talking about having a short leash with guys. He's treating the season like a 60 game playoff, and you can't afford to give guys much time to work thru their issues. We'll see.
Grapesoda2525
DannyDuberstein said:

Good to hear Woodward talking about having a short leash with guys. He's treating the season like a 60 game playoff, and you can't afford to give guys much time to work thru their issues. We'll see.
Link?
double aught
AG
So the one in the foreground is the new one, right?

Wait, what? No that can't be right. Are you sure?

Dallasag02
AG
They also oriented the roof in the opposite direction from how it should've gone. The roof could provide nice shade for parking/tailgating on evenings when it's open.

Unfortunately, since they put that feature on the west end of the stadium the setting sun will cook all things under the roof when its open. The roof will provide no shade whatsoever, unless they have an event at 9:00 in the morning.
DannyDuberstein
AG
1) More bricks/arches on the facade that mimic the old much more closely. They went very basic and cheap there .

2) Brick up that white structure at the front - it might be stone but the white makes it look like a maintenance barn. Totally out of sync with the rest of the base.

3) Then change that white awning to a combo of tinted glass and brick, or maybe a mix of brick and green like the Ballpark top.

4) Make the vertical wall at the end a combo of glass, brick, and/or maybe the green like the top of the old park.

I just have no idea why they mostly abandoned that base look of the ballpark. It's beautiful. This thing should have been the old place with a roof. All of the white is what is really killing it
hawk1689
AG
How bout they play April, May, September, October in the BPIA. June-August in the Warehouse?
TXAggie2011
AG
hawk1689 said:

How bout they play April, May, September, October in the BPIA. June-August in the Warehouse?
I know its "not possible"*** to do so because they've changed the field layout for football and soccer, but I think it'd be great for them to play some games over there.

***By "not possible", they actually mean they don't want to spend the money to develop some convertible stands and do the field maintenance.

wbt5845
AG
I reserve judgement until I see what it looks like inside.
Mr Gigem
AG
I've tried to get you to come out to take a look at your seats
DannyDuberstein
AG
The inside looks fine, although another cool component of the Ballpark now gone is a HR porch, although this seemed to try to keep some semblance of it. One thing I like is that they dont have anything stupid like LF in Minute Maid going on
double aught
AG
One aspect of Minute Maid that seems much better is that the whole wall behind left field slides open, not just the roof.
Dallasag02
AG
double aught said:

One aspect of Minute Maid that seems much better is that the whole wall behind left field slides open, not just the roof.

That's because they have something to look at in downtown Houston. If left field opened all the way in the new park, fans would just see what they left behind, a few rollercoasters and water slides, and a bunch of warehouses and subdivisions.
TXAggie2011
AG
Dallasag02 said:

double aught said:

That's because they have something to look at in downtown Houston. If left field opened all the way in the new park, fans would just see what they left behind, a few rollercoasters and water slides, and a bunch of warehouses and subdivisions.
Left field in both places is glass. You can see through it with or without it opening.

Opening helps give the stadium more of an outdoor feel. The times I've been to Cowboys Stadium with the end zones open, its been pretty neat, and helped you feel like you're out enjoying good weather even though you're in a dome.
double aught
AG
Yep. Even if there's not much of a view, more open is still better.
wbt5845
AG
AccidentProne said:

I've tried to get you to come out to take a look at your seats

I need to. Been busy.
TXAggie2011
AG
Certainly will say, though, that if MLB decides travel won't be feasible, I know where you can find two MLB ballparks across the street from each other. And there's even a hotel in between.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I think it was posted before that TBIA would have to be completely regraded for baseball.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29372448/rangers-staff-terrified-our-safety-amid-positive-virus-tests

Well that sounds awesome.
Mr Gigem
AG
This is my shocked face. So many people walk around the office without a mask on or even have meetings in the small office without a mask on.

We used to get to work in the private suites if we didn't feel comfortable working in the office. They did away with that last week. Lo and behold, 15 people get sick. One of the worst run organizations in any industry
_lefraud_
AG
I know you mentioned possibly getting out, but I guess Covid hasn't helped. Are you still looking?
Mr Gigem
AG
Yes
TXAggie2011
AG
Do you want to stay in the same industry, just with a different organization?
Mr Gigem
AG
Not sure. Upward mobility and company culture are important to me. An increase in pay would be nice, too. If I were to stay in sports, I would look to the Cowboys.

I've got some stuff on the burner that I'm waiting on.
DallasAg 94
duck79
AG
You and I have talked before regarding the sponsorship stuff. I started with the Spurs(got to experience carrying a championship trophy and riding in a parade) but soon realized that sports is a very tough gig. The pay, outside of VP level, is awful because the talent pool is immense and upward mobility is tough due to the lack of positions in the tree and the time people spend in those positions. That being said, not many people can say that they take a break and walk onto a field or have to end their day at the office with a game against the Yankees. I miss working in sports, being around the arena and the pride of wearing your gear during the playoffs but I also realized it was the correct long term decision to leave. Good luck to you and don't burn your bridges. I still have plenty of friends in sports and the relationships and perks can really come in handy. Just remember, you already have cold calling down and it doesn't get much worse than that.
Trucker 96
A friend of mine led the accounting function for the Cowboys years ago. Was a complete grinder of a job. They know there is a line behind you happy to give up their personal life to be part of the brand
wbt5845
AG
AccidentProne said:

Not sure. Upward mobility and company culture are important to me. An increase in pay would be nice, too. If I were to stay in sports, I would look to the Cowboys.

As one of your clients, this disappoints greatly. You've been a great rep for the Rangers. You always answer my questions and concerns within minutes, even at odd hours. But I do understand.

If you need a reference from one of your clients, feel free to give my name and contact info. Any organization should be thrilled to get as hard a worker as you.
Schall 02
AG
I don't know much of anything, but I can't imagine sports tickets sales is going to be a growth industry over the next few years.
Mr Gigem
AG
wbt5845 said:

AccidentProne said:

As one of your clients, this disappoints greatly. You've been a great rep for the Rangers. You always answer my questions and concerns within minutes, even at odd hours. But I do understand.

If you need a reference from one of your clients, feel free to give my name and contact info. Any organization should be thrilled to get as hard a worker as you.

I've actually been looking at your employer
gomerschlep
AG
Another successful TexAgs hookup
Quincey P. Morris
AG
So how do prospects get handled this year? I assume there's no real chance we see any of those guys make any move up this year right? I wouldn't think they'd want to affect any service time over this season.
PatAg
AG
TheTicket covered this documentary about the new ballpark/old ballpark. They have a quote from the architect of the ballpark saying it could have been retrofitted for a roof and not needed this new stadium.

I always thought this wasn't even an option,.. I thought it was something the Dallas News or Ft. Worth Star Telegram covered in the past.

I'd also really like to see what changed in the construction process, we need one of our local journalists to do their job.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.