***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

238,852 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PatAg said:

ehrmantraut said:

AccidentProne said:

Hopefully I'm wrong, but with the massive surge in COVID cases in Texas I'm growing less confident there will be fans in the stands

There were about 5,500 new cases today. There's no way there can realistically be 20,000 people in that stadium a month from now

You either accept COVID as part of society, or the entire world economy will be in utter ruin. The new cases aren't going away anytime soon. Nothing will ever fully reopen, and we'll never have a full baseball, football, or basketball season until it's accepted as part of life for the time being.
A problem I see, is our society loves to sue people for our own mistakes. So if they let fans attend, and people get sick, they will try to blame the organization for it.

No organization wants to be the guinea pig.
TXAggie2011
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

New cases because we are testing way more people

Less deaths and less COVID hospital...we are seeing more hospital in general because no one has been going
In Texas? No. Positive test rates are up, Covid-19 specific hospitalizations are up.

I don't know what will happen, I don't know what the right call is, but people that think the issue has gone away or is going to go away soon are in for a lot of frustration.

Not having fans, or only having a limited number of fans at pro sports events won't tank the economy.
Its Not Rocket Surgery
AG
Globe Life Field reviews...
Chipotlemonger
AG
Its Not Rocket Surgery said:

Globe Life Field reviews...
Quote:

whats up with that drive thru awning thing that looks like a nursing home or hotel drop-off
Quote:

Well, that $500 million couldn't buy a pretty ballpark, apparently.
Quote:

Bad break for Scottish economy as Tennant's Lager factory moves to Texas
J.P. 03
AG
Yuck. Those new exterior shots are hideous. I think the walk up from Texas Live will be nice, but man, the view from the other 3 sides is awful.
J.P. 03
AG
Sorry....had to:

Proposition Joe
I don't understand how they got sold on that. I mean, not everyone thinks it looks terrible but did they just happen to find one or two higherups that saw it and thought "yeah, lets go with that!" ?
Schall 02
AG
Proposition Joe said:

I don't understand how they got sold on that. I mean, not everyone thinks it looks terrible but did they just happen to find one or two higherups that saw it and thought "yeah, lets go with that!" ?
Isn't sheet metal construction widely known to be cheaper?
Dallasag02
AG
aggietony2010
AG
Are we going to get the good TV camera angle for games? I hate the offset angle that makes a dead straight fastball look like it has 6 inches of run on it.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Dear God I hope so.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Downtown Ft Worth would've been so badass
Legal Custodian
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

I still think where the convention center is would be a badass location for an MLS stadium
DannyDuberstein
AG
I was just watching a story on Fox4 about the start and "warehouse" is EXACTLY what I was thinking as rhey showed footage of the outside, so it's sadly hilarious to see that article use the same description. It's terrible. They should have retained as much of the Ballpark look as possible with a ton of brick and arches on the base structure and where the transition to the roof is. The old stadium was gorgeous and screamed "baseball". This screams "amazon distribution center"
Chipotlemonger
AG
Question: Do the Rangers now have the ugliest stadium in the MLB? If not ugliest, where does it rank, bottom 3,5,10?
TXAggie2011
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Question: Do the Rangers now have the ugliest stadium in the MLB? If not ugliest, where does it rank, bottom 3,5,10?
Its better than Oakland and better than Tropicana. They're ugly inside and out.

I think you can argue about Chase Field in Arizona.

The interior is certainly better looking than Rodgers Centre (although staying in its hotel is awesome.)
Dallasag02
AG
This whole process has made me realize we all would've been much better off if Cuban had won the auction.

We were all blinded (me included) by Nolan being in the ownership group, when in reality Cuban would've been far more fan friendly and willing to go out on a limb when it came to a new stadium. Hes shown with the mavs that he does whatever it takes to try to win, and I think he wouldve been a really needed breath of fresh air in the owner's room for MLB. Can you imagine his involvement in this recent PR disaster?
AgBQ-00
AG
I agree. I really wanted him to buy the team but I think MLB torpedoed it.
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
AustinCountyAg
Wow this field looks like ***** The older stadium like others have said had a very classy outside look and was clean and simple.
Beautiful field.

This new one looks like a county fair expo center. Complete crap.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Great concert venue though
CampingAg
AG
Yikes. How the heck did we get from this to what we have now? Genuinely curious from an architectural standpoint. I thought the sheet metal looking stuff was temporary while they got the glass ready. Oh well. I'm 28. Maybe I'll have another new ballpark before I croak.

PatAg
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Not if it looked like this
PatAg
AG
CampingAg said:

Yikes. How the heck did we get from this to what we have now? Genuinely curious from an architectural standpoint. I thought the sheet metal looking stuff was temporary while they got the glass ready. Oh well. I'm 28. Maybe I'll have another new ballpark before I croak.

I don't have time to go pull links, but this is...not really what they presented in the designs the past year or so. THe exterior/roof stuff. I remember a lot more glass
CampingAg
AG
PatAg said:

CampingAg said:

I don't have time to go pull links, but this is...not really what they presented in the designs the past year or so. THe exterior/roof stuff. I remember a lot more glass

Sorry, I probably screwed up the link. But yeah, it was one of those renderings where it actually looked good With the glass. Like I said, I thought that goofy looking part was temporary. Then they slapped that "T" up there and I thought, "Ohhh no".
Schall 02
AG
CampingAg said:

PatAg said:

CampingAg said:

Sorry, I probably screwed up the link. But yeah, it was one of those renderings where it actually looked good With the glass. Like I said, I thought that goofy looking part was temporary. Then they slapped that "T" up there and I thought, "Ohhh no".
The "T" is terrible.
DannyDuberstein
AG
We need to place some change orders with Randy Cody. It's going to run up the cost quite a bit more, but the Mrs. will be happy with it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Kind of impressive to spend $1.1 billion on something and have it look like you cheaped out.
Legal Custodian
AG
If I had to guess, the construction company was worried about finishing on time so they said they would put some siding up to finish on time with the expectation that in the next off season the exterior would be finished out.

Probably a horrible guess, but I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.
TXAggie2011
AG
The whole point of this was to have a roof. Its all people had been thinking about for years. And then they **** up the roof. Amazing.
hawk1689
AG
I didn't realize the Rangers are going to play under the Pavilion out at Canton Trade Days.
PhatMack19
AG
double aught
AG
Dallasag02 said:

Sad to say it was easy to see coming from 10 miles away. They didn't need a new stadium to begin with, but when Arlington residents peed their collective pants over fear of losing the team the Rangers grabbed the cash and built a convertible barndominium in a bedroom community. They had the chance to finally move the team to an urban setting like downtown Fort Worth or Dallas like practically any other baseball stadium built in the last 40 years, and they whiffed.

What's worse is the ownership group is so cheap they couldn't even make it a nice barndominium. Instead they value engineered a bad, copycat HKS design into looking like a cheap grill from Lowe's.

Typical Rangers.

But at least it looks better than the old ballpark. Oh wait...

But at least it has nice grass. Oh wait...
Chipotlemonger
AG

A shame
J.P. 03
AG
This is starting to feel like the Fyre Festival of ballparks. Arlington taxpayers should be furious.
KT 90
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

A shame
found this on the twitter replies.... lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.