***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

234,841 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Ushers could make sure to break up groups. STH group with 4 seats 1-4 stay in their seats. Say seats 5 & 6 are held by one person. They move back 2 row. Alternate. Games. Next game the seats 1-4 move back 2 rows and seats 5&6 remain on the row.

I can just see all those octogenarian ushers trying to solve that Rubik's Cube on the fly. The guy in our section couldn't figure out how the people standing in the aisle were blocking our view. The trig from where he was standing was too hard.
Proposition Joe
DallasAg 94 said:

Proposition Joe said:

AP - why do you think 25% would be such a logistical nightmare?

I imagine it's not hard to restrict sales to every 6th seat or so.

IMO it would only become difficult if you tried to convert previously made sales (STH, plans, single-game) into that 25%, which you wouldn't do.
I suggested above you could split 50% by having odd numbered rows attend odd numbered games. Even to even.

It could be even easier if you did 4 day rotations.
Row 1, 5, 9 Game 1
Row 2, 6, 10 Game 2
Row 3, 7, 11 Game 3
Row 4, 8, 12 Game 4.

Ushers could make sure to break up groups. STH group with 4 seats 1-4 stay in their seats. Say seats 5 &6 are held by one person. They move back 2 row. Alternate. Games. Next game the seats 1-4 move back 2 rows and seats 5&6 remain on the row.

LOL.

Yeah that's not gonna happen.

If there's 25% attendance games, they will be sold separately.
IronAg45
AG
I don't care how it works, lets just get some Rangers baseball started already! I am desperate for actual baseball discussion and not worn-out ticket/stadium/attendance talk...
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Yeah, this is the longest Rangers off-season thread EVER! Literally, no hyperbole.

I'm ready for it to end!
Schall 02
AG
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/05/14/rangers-prince-fielder-contract-2020-salary
Grapesoda2525
Schall 02 said:

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/05/14/rangers-prince-fielder-contract-2020-salary
Can't wait until Choo and fielder are completely off the books.

I don't expect this front office to be able to take advantage of it like they should tho. These guys have been bad lately.
wbt5845
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Schall 02 said:

Can't wait until Choo and fielder are completely off the books.

I don't expect this front office to be able to take advantage of it like they should tho. These guys have been bad lately.
1. Misleading article is misleading. Rangers are only on the hook for $9 MM for Fielder. This is the last year of that contract.

2. Good to see Grapesoda is averse to dead money contracts - that means he's all in favor of doing everything possible to bring Odor around to prevent him becoming a dead money contract. Good to see you've realized why he keeps getting playing time.
TXAggie2011
AG
Odor has been worse than a dead money contract. He's been getting paid and playing horribly.

All I know is I'll be glad when Rougned Odor is gone in 2.5 years, so all sides of that can stop talking about him.
Grapesoda2525
TXAggie2011 said:

Odor has been worse than a dead money contract. He's been getting paid and playing horribly.

All I know is I'll be glad when Rougned Odor is gone in 2.5 years, so all sides of that can stop talking about him.

I've been trying to say that he plays like a double AA player. He's not worth putting out there. Even at that price.

They should pay him to go away like they did with fielder. I know fielder had a career ending injury, but technically Fielder and the rangers agreed that he wouldn't show up anymore.

Fielder didn't actually quit or retire.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
Today is the 4th year anniversary of " the punch".

Odors only major contribution to the team at this point and might have been what cemented his status as fan favorite and got him his contract.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Hey now. He used to be a pretty solid Astro killer for a while there. Thus their actual hatred for him. Him putting their tub of goo catcher in his place and starting the sequence of events that lead to Bannister making Hinch look like a scared little girl was fun too, but yes, I wish he did more of substance as is his job.
Grapesoda2525
Ranger #007 said:

Hey now. He used to be a pretty solid Astro killer for a while there. Thus their actual hatred for him. Him putting their tub of goo catcher in his place and starting the sequence of events that lead to Bannister making Hinch look like a scared little girl was fun too, but yes, I wish he did more of substance as is his job.
I mean I get it, it's a very long season and the antics are fun, but most of us can probably still remember what having a bad ass team is like.

After having the feeling that your team can possibly win over 100 games and the World Series, I don't care about the small stuff anymore. I just want a good team with awesome players. Odor will never be that, so I have no reason to like or support odor. Let's bring in someone who can help us win.
IronAg45
AG
So with a shortened season and the possibility of an expanded playoffs field, does this help or hurt the Rangers shot at the WS?
AgBQ-00
AG
I would like to quarantine all odor discussion. I'm beaten down by it and frankly don't care
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
Trucker 96
IronAg45 said:

So with a shortened season and the possibility of an expanded playoffs field, does this help or hurt the Rangers shot at the WS?

Should help anyone projected to be mediocre like they are. Expanded field is the biggest factor. Get in and get hot at the right time
ChipFTAC01
AG
I regularly unfollow the Rangers thread throughout the season because it turns into the same repetitive argument day after day.
DeangeloVickers
AG
MLB proposal details testing, changes on, off field http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29183345/mlb-safety-proposal-includes-10000-tests-per-week-social-distancing
via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

No spitting?!?! We're screwed
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
AgBQ-00 said:

I would like to quarantine all odor discussion. I'm beaten down by it and frankly don't care
I will stop the Odor talk after I ask this. I promise.

On that note, How much longer is Odor still a ranger?

I'm thinking we're unable to move him and we choose not to renew his team option. I guess that would mean the rest of whatever this year is and 2 more years after that.

Will be glad when we have a different second baseman tho.
DallasAg 94
Schall 02
AG
Hey AP,

Any way you could snag me two of the now incorrect 2020 magnetic calendars that were to be handed out on Opening Day? My opening day buddy and I have each since 1997 and would love to keep it going.
DallasAg 94
sburg2007
DallasAg 94 said:

Speaking of which... I could use a couple Bobbleheads.
I could use seven SGA's and four from theme nights...
AgBQ-00
AG
Been a little while. How about some Kinsler Highlights

Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
DallasAg 94
TwoTimeAg
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Speaking of which... I could use a couple Bobbleheads.
Would love to get the caps from the 2 cap nights I was planning to attend.
Mr Gigem
AG
Pretty sure all those items are being punted to 2021
DallasAg 94
Proposition Joe
No fans this season.
Mr Gigem
AG
Source?
Proposition Joe
AccidentProne said:

Source?

Should have clarified - just my opinion. At this point we're struggling just to get the players on the field by July -- I don't think it's likely they'll even have a chance to get fans in the stands before September is almost over.
AggieEP
Damn, rewatching game 6 against the Cardinals, Cruz always gets a ton of crap for his misplay, but Andrus makes just as big of a mistake in the 8th that lets two additional Cardinals bat. Even though they dont score in the inning, it turns the lineup over and is what gets Freese the chance to tie the game.
Trucker 96
I can't believe I'm watching this. Even in the 10th, if Beltre isnt charging the bunt so hard, he may have caught that little popup and doubles the runner off 1st. Also still pissed that this game wasn't played the night before. Fixed.
bert harbinson
AG
So many things. Still don't understand why Beltre went to 1st with a two run lead, runners on 2nd and 3rd, one out in the 10th. Sharply hit ball, easy to handle big hop, the angle to throw home was good. Runner would have been out by 10 feet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.