***** Official 2019/2020 Texas Rangers Off Season Thread *****

238,715 Views | 2466 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggie_3
J.P. 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AccidentProne said:

a fun press release will be coming out at some point today
Another Odor extension?
duck79
AG
Just got word our sponsorship rep was furloughed today. Obviously it isn't a fun day at your offices.
Chipotlemonger
AG
duck79 said:

Just got word our sponsorship rep was furloughed today. Obviously it isn't a fun day at your offices.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Did this affect you AP?
J.P. 03
AG
I'm really sorry AP. I shouldn't have made that joke when you mentioned the press release. Should have known this was a possibility. Are you one of the 60?
Mr Gigem
AG
Fortunately, I was not furloughed. But many of my colleagues, whom I had very close relationships, were. Just a bad bad day right now
Trucker 96
Is there a timeframe? Or is it indefinite?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
This is why I didn't get the people who were griping that MLB shouldn't play this year because it wasn't a "real season". They don't bring in any revenue and it won't be just the players being affected.
Schall 02
hawk1689
AG
It's hard to see how this isn't a direct result of Scott Boras and the player's union greed. F those POS.
cr06gis
AG
Anyone watching the live intrasquad game? Rangers are currently streaming it. Pumping in crowd noise.
KT 90
AG
By T.R. Sullivan @Sullivan_Ranger
3:53 PM CDT
ARLINGTON Rangers outfielder Willie Calhoun has a strained hip flexor and is unlikely to be ready for Opening Day on July 24.
"He is doing better," general manager Jon Daniels said. "He is going to get treatment. Hopefully he won't miss much time, but given where we are in the calendar there's a good chance he'll miss a little bit of time at the beginning. Hopefully it won't be more than a few days or a week. We want to be smart with this."
Calhoun felt the hip tighten during Monday's intrasquad game. Players who start the season on the injured list can be backdated to July 20 and be eligible on July 30, Daniels said.
Grapesoda2525
Taken directly from LSB article

Quote:

Rangers season ticket holders are growing frustrated with their unanswered questions about what's going to happen to their money and if they'll be able to attend any games this year.
AgBQ-00
AG
Really like the outfield camera angle. Directly behind the pitcher gives so much better view of movement
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Really like the outfield camera angle. Directly behind the pitcher gives so much better view of movement

Glad to hear it's no longer offset.
Legal Custodian
AG
I'm sure I'll get used to it, but the backdrop sucks. It's definitely not as aesthetically appealing behind home plate as the ballpark was. As they're doing shots around the stadium, it also doesn't have a lot of character/charm.

Like I said, not the biggest deal and I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Legal Custodian
AG
_lefraud_
AG
Ugh
sburg2007
Y'all don't want to see a bunch of rich folks eating their tofu dogs drinking Chardonnay while hardly paying attention to the ballgame?
Trucker 96
Love the straight on camera, but yeah, I really hate that background. Wtf. I had no idea they were doing one of those dooooshie suite behind homeplate deals.
double aught
AG
Legal Custodian said:

That's terrible.

Trucker 96
I guess we may mostly have cardboard cutout doooshes for a while, but eventually we'll have actual people *****es serving as a distraction
Trucker 96
Tom Schieffer has to be curled up in the fetal position somewhere. He worked so hard to make every inch of the Ballpark scream traditional baseball. And now his "supposed to last for generations" fantastic ballpark is done and replaced by Doooosh Field sponsored by Home Depot
Mr. White
Are those graphics or actually behind home plate?

Horrible.
Dallasag02
AG
Love the straight on camera. The tools in those suites are going to be really annoying.
Grapesoda2525
Dallasag02 said:

Love the straight on camera. The tools in those suites are going to be really annoying.
The DFW sports scene is very corporate and sponsorship oriented.

The teams care more about the corporations who buy their expensive seats than the average fan. Most of the corporate or executive people who go to those games aren't big fans of the team or sports in general. They are mainly there to see and be seen or to entertain business clients.

It's disappointing that the rangers gave up prime seats behind home plate to cater to these kinds of people.
AgBQ-00
AG
Eh. I'm going to enjoy it.
investorAg83
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Eh. I'm going to enjoy it.

Me too. The level of pissing and moaning on this thread is unbearable.
Mr Gigem
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Dallasag02 said:

The teams care more about the corporations who buy their expensive seats than the average fan. Most of the corporate or executive people who go to those games aren't big fans of the team or sports in general. They are mainly there to see and be seen or to entertain business clients.

It's disappointing that the rangers gave up prime seats behind home plate to cater to these kinds of people.
The kind of people sitting in those field level suites are the same ones that were seen on TV sitting in the prime seats behind home plate in GLP.

investorAg83
AG
AccidentProne said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Dallasag02 said:

The kind of people sitting in those field level suites are the same ones that were seen on TV sitting in the prime seats behind home plate in GLP.

Lol...exactly.
AgBQ-00
AG
Agreed.
Legal Custodian
AG
On the opposite spectrum, this looks pretty bad ass
dave94
AG
I could watch some baseball there.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
So do blackout rules still apply this year. I assume so, but we had been streaming tv but dropped it when FSSW wasn't on youtubetv and didn't pick it up when all sports were cancelled.

I'm in Houston so typically trying to do MLBTV doesn't work. Assuming that's still the case thoughts on the best sports option streaming?
sburg2007
Yes those clowns are still blocking out games.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.